Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:38 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh gee thanks your very wise....with the Iranian beheadings and all...LOL
Since you refuse to read the "evidence" you specifically requested, and which I provided, and since you write and think like a child, I think it's safe to say that there's no point in any of your posts being taken seriously.

Good night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 09:39 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Quote:
To answer your question...NO a politician does not count as a foreign policy expert...so I'm not reading anything about Obama...
Is he at least a credible source on the Why's of American foreign policy and events in the world?

Old 02-16-2009, 09:41 PM

I wonder if our Secretary of State is an expert on Foreign Policy?
"I want the Iranians to know that if I'm the president, we will attack Iran," Clinton said.

"In the next 10 years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them."

Later, Clinton told reporters at a polling station in Conshohocken, outside Philadelphia, that Iran must be made aware of the "high price" it would have to pay for any nuclear strike.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:43 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Is he at least a credible source on the Why's of American foreign policy and events in the world?
Not really. He actually gets his info from foreign policy experts. It's not his job to be a foreign policy expert.

Why don't you just admit no foreign policy experts think Iran will attack Israel????

Instead of googling the internet for some kooky neocon tall tale???

Old 02-16-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
I wonder if our Secretary of State is an expert on Foreign Policy?
"I want the Iranians to know that if I'm the president, we will attack Iran," Clinton said.

"In the next 10 years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them."

Later, Clinton told reporters at a polling station in Conshohocken, outside Philadelphia, that Iran must be made aware of the "high price" it would have to pay for any nuclear strike.
Oh she said that IF Iran attacks Israel......well that doesn't have anything to do with what we are talking about now does it???? LOL

Old 02-16-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
To answer your question...NO a politician does not count as a foreign policy expert...so I'm not reading anything about Obama...
The point you were trying to make might have been best made by the following link and not by being confrontational with Moving Forward.
American Foreign Policy Project
Myth # 5. Iran has declared its intention to attack Israel in order to "wipe Israel off the map."

This claim is based largely on a speech by President Ahmadinejad on Oct. 26, 2005, quoting a remark by Ayatollah Khomeini made decades ago: "This regime that is occupying Qods [Jerusalem] must be wiped off/eliminated from the pages of history/our times." Both before and since, Ahmadinejad has made numerous other, offensive, insulting and threatening remarks about Israel and other nations - most notably his indefensible denial of the Holocaust.

However, he has been criticized within Iran for these remarks. Supreme Leader Khamenei himself has "clarified" that "the Islamic Republic has never threatened and will never threaten any country" and specifically that Iran will not attack Israel unless Iran is attacked first. Ahmadinejad also has made clear, or been forced to clarify, that he was referring to regime change through demographics (giving the Palestinians a vote in a unitary state), not war.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
The point you were trying to make might have been best made by the following link and not by being confrontational with Moving Forward.
American Foreign Policy Project
Myth # 5. Iran has declared its intention to attack Israel in order to "wipe Israel off the map."

This claim is based largely on a speech by President Ahmadinejad on Oct. 26, 2005, quoting a remark by Ayatollah Khomeini made decades ago: "This regime that is occupying Qods [Jerusalem] must be wiped off/eliminated from the pages of history/our times." Both before and since, Ahmadinejad has made numerous other, offensive, insulting and threatening remarks about Israel and other nations - most notably his indefensible denial of the Holocaust.

However, he has been criticized within Iran for these remarks. Supreme Leader Khamenei himself has "clarified" that "the Islamic Republic has never threatened and will never threaten any country" and specifically that Iran will not attack Israel unless Iran is attacked first. Ahmadinejad also has made clear, or been forced to clarify, that he was referring to regime change through demographics (giving the Palestinians a vote in a unitary state), not war.
Oh shucks...MV left before getting creamed by wikipedia....LOL

Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies