Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 06:52 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,959 times

Advertisements

It's not only Republicans that listen to Rush, a lot of free minded Democrats do to and agree with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 08:24 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
It's not only Republicans that listen to Rush, a lot of free minded Democrats do to and agree with him.
Really? Links or survey results please.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:21 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, of course!!!

Republicans WANT this country to fail so they can win the next election and continue their plan to screw average Americans into the ground!
They are un-patriotic and disgusting and TREASONOUS in their hatred of America.
Oh wow. Another example of the braindead or uneducated.

I remember listening at the time when Rush first made these comments and he made it very clear he wanted Obama's policies to fail and that in the larger frame of mind he did want Obama to succeed for everyones sake. Just didn't want him to succeed with his policies.

And many of us don't want him to either. We don't support rewarding failure and punishing success. We don't support turning over control of our lives to the government. We don't support porkulus packages.

I think what is scary is when people who have opposing viewpoints to the left wing agenda are called "treasonous" as you put it. I'd be very concerned about people who can't accept or debate other viewpoints and who believe in a group think one thought society.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Exactly. The private sector is a miserable failure on many fronts. Government at all leval can, has, and does provide a host of valuable public goods and services without which the quality of life in this country would be greatly diminished. The free-market bots would apparently prefer things to be that way...
What? Every time I deal with government bureaucrats it's always poor service, excessive paperwork, long lines, B.S., etc.

I have yet to interact with one government service that isn't slow or inefficient or just outright absolutely useless. Ever.

The private sector is what drives the economy. It produces the goods and services we use. The free market and free will is what inspires creativity and productivity.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:30 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
Although Rush Limbaugh repeatedly says that he wants President Barack Obama and his stimulus package to fail, a new poll shows that Republicans still support the controversial talk show host.

Link.
Rush is a lard assed rich pig that does not relate to or care about the common person. He gets paid well to shill for the Neocons and the idiots that believe him should be sucked up into the ether or down into the depths. They are a waste of oxygen as they are supporting an ideology and people that do no give a rat's butt for them or this country.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:12 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
Although Rush Limbaugh repeatedly says that he wants President Barack Obama and his stimulus package to fail, a new poll shows that Republicans still support the controversial talk show host.

Link.
Thats because Limbaugh is a right wing idiot.He is as Republican as you can be.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Rush is a lard assed rich pig that does not relate to or care about the common person. He gets paid well to shill for the Neocons and the idiots that believe him should be sucked up into the ether or down into the depths. They are a waste of oxygen as they are supporting an ideology and people that do no give a rat's butt for them or this country.
Now why would I want to listen to a potty mouthed person like yourself instead?

For those that don't know Rush worked almost 25 years of hard graft before he made a decent penny from radio. He also took a risk on a new format in 1988 on AM radio which was dead and revitalized a whole industry of talk radio. I don't begrudge him any of his success. Don't see why anyone else would either.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Now why would I want to listen to a potty mouthed person like yourself instead?

For those that don't know Rush worked almost 25 years of hard graft before he made a decent penny from radio. He also took a risk on a new format in 1988 on AM radio which was dead and revitalized a whole industry of talk radio. I don't begrudge him any of his success. Don't see why anyone else would either.
I definitely don't consider it news but I like Bill Maher.Reason I like him is that if someone is doing a crap job,guess what,he's going to say it.
If Fatty Limbaugh sees a democrat in any political office,he's going to put them down.The guy is a political racist.I usually prefer democrats but I will always side with the guy who is doing a good job but unfortunately republicans have had a bad record lately.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:21 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
rush limbaugh is the new GOP american idol.
this the new true patriot of america.
great big fat man with loud tie & mouth.
and a habit.
the male counterpart of rosie o'donnell
these are the good guys right
why doesn't it feel that way

Old 02-21-2009, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
rush limbaugh is the new GOP american idol.
this the new true patriot of america.
great big fat man with loud tie & mouth.
and a habit.
the male counterpart of rosie o'donnell
these are the good guys right
why doesn't it feel that way
Rosie O'Donnell is kind and hopes to do right by people
Rush just wants to be right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies