Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 08:06 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times

Advertisements

Someone please tell me how it makes sense that you put out supposed "green legislation" and then burn 20,000 gallons of fuel to go sign it?
Does that REALLY make sense to anyone? Why doesn't he take his own advice and drive there or.....STAY IN DC AND SIGN IT...imagine that, what a novel idea....
That's like me driving to NY from SF to sign a check...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 08:08 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Its really not a big deal. Hypocrisy should be overlooked. Remember, we are to do as they say, not as they do.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:13 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
I have to say that it is strange to sign this legislation in Colorado. Why fly all the way to Colorado to sign the bill? This is an honest question and not intended to inflame.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:29 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Someone please tell me how it makes sense that you put out supposed "green legislation" and then burn 20,000 gallons of fuel to go sign it?
Does that REALLY make sense to anyone? Why doesn't he take his own advice and drive there or.....STAY IN DC AND SIGN IT...imagine that, what a novel idea....
Start calling your elected officials and start complaining about it!

Call the WH even and let them know how you feel.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:24 AM

220 posts, read 675,434 times
The Democrats were up in arms when the auto companies sent their guys to congressional hearings in private jets, trips they actually needed to make...

Yet a public relations trip in Air Force One to sign a piece of paper is ok????

Old 02-17-2009, 09:34 AM

419 posts, read 602,866 times
A true leader would not be doing this

He would lead by example which he is not doing

Old 02-17-2009, 09:40 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
That's not the best part.

The democrats and obama were insistent that this bill get passed right now! No time to lose! It must be done in a hurry! It's an emergency!

And yet - he waited 4 days to sign the legislation.

How does he explain that?

How does he explain his wastefulness?

It's ALL about him, of course.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:41 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
That's not the best part.

The democrats and obama were insistent that this bill get passed right now! No time to lose! It must be done in a hurry! It's an emergency!

And yet - he waited 4 days to sign the legislation.

How does he explain that?

How does he explain his wastefulness?

It's ALL about him, of course.
That would be the narcissistic elitist attitude he has!

Old 02-17-2009, 10:03 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Since Friday Obama has wasted so much money and in todays market and economy this is a very bad example...did I expect something else..."yes"...but I'm even more disappointed than I thought I would be about Obama...although I was never in favor of him , I hoped for the sake of this Nation that he would do the best thing....if this is the best...imitatiing Al Gore by talking about green and than going on a plane to sign this bill...which could have been done in the White House....OMG

Old 02-17-2009, 10:11 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Funny thing about Presidents, they are executives and they are national leaders. Leading sometime requires leaving the office in order to talk directly to the American people about policies that will take the nation into new directions.

I suppose that for some people they would prefer that the President remain in the White House hunkered down in some version of the Rose Garden Strategy.

Anyway, the unfortunate truth is that modern Presidents can't travel around the country in a Chrysler mini-van or in the coach section of a Southwest Airlines 737. When they travel, they are required to us Air Force 1 and command and control 747.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies