Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 05:59 AM

553 posts, read 834,752 times

Advertisements

Big Government and Excessive Power and control is bad for ALL

Do you people realize that the power grabs going on by the Dems will one day be used against you.....?

Soon the Dems will lose control again, as they always do... At that point, the Republicans will be able to take advantage of all of the new agencies, privileges and rules you have created..

THEY will push legislation through without debate... THEY will include earkmarks, pet projects and paybacks in the fine print.... THEY will push through unqualified and questionable nominees... THEY will control the census

Just because it's "your guys" who are now in control does not mean they aren't working against the constitution and interests of the American People as whole...

Stop hoping and start thinking people!!

Last edited by Undeader; 02-18-2009 at 06:42 AM..

Old 02-18-2009, 06:13 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,548,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeader View Post

Do you people realize that the power grabs going on by the Dems will one day be used against you.....?

Soon the Dems will lose control again, as they always do... At that point, the Republicans will be able to take advantage of all of the new agencies, privileges and rules you have created..

THEY will push legislation through without debate... THEY will include bookmarks, pet projects and paybacks in the fine print.... THEY will push through unqualified and questionable nominees... THEY will control the census

Just because it's "your guys" who are now in control does not mean they aren't working against the constitution and interests of the American People as whole...

Uh.......everything you accuse the Dems of doing the Republicans did for the past 8 years. With impunity.

How'd that work out for this country?

I think you have gotten religion a bit too late.

Welcome to obsolescence.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Uh.......everything you accuse the Dems of doing the Republicans did for the past 8 years. With impunity.

Welcome to obsolescence.

Moderator cut: personal attack

1. Show me proof (I'm not saying you're wrong about that, the Repubs have been just as bad as Dems.. but let's see you back up a claim for once)

2. I don't like it when ANY politician oversteps the power vested by the Constitution.. Regardless of their party or Race.

How does that fit in with your dogmatic little political perspective???

Unlike you and your ilk, I'm not worshiper... I've got no Religion....

Welcome us all to obsolescence

p.s. - Please watch this video and let me know your thoughts.. I'd love to hear the sound of your little brain exploding as you try to rationalize or deflect the obvious lies and deceit from your Dear Leader:

YouTube - Barack Obama "Public Will Have 5 Days To Look At Every Bill That Lands On My Desk"

New Boss.... Same as the Old Boss

Last edited by katzenfreund; 02-18-2009 at 01:28 PM..

Old 02-18-2009, 06:25 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,548,881 times
Quote:
Despite the fact that you are an obvious Ignorant Shill or a Troll, I'll bite....

1. Show me proof (I'm not saying you're wrong about that, the Repubs have been just as bad as Dems.. but let's see you back up a claim for once)

2. I don't like it when ANY politician oversteps the power vested by the Constitution.. Regardless of their party or Race.

How does that fit in with your dogmatic little political perspective???

Unlike you and your ilk, I'm not worshiper... I've got no Religion....

Welcome us all to obsolescence

p.s. - Please watch this video and let me know your thoughts.. I'd love to hear the sound of your little brain exploding as you try to rationalize or deflect the obvious lies and deceit from your Dear Leader:

YouTube - Barack Obama "Public Will Have 5 Days To Look At Every Bill That Lands On My Desk"

Son.....if you haven't been under a rock since 2000, you know exactly what has been going on. Like I said, RIP reactionaries.......Bye.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:28 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,761,878 times
Quote:

You had four days. Is that 5th day really that big of a deal to you?

And yes, the OP is ridiculous. The power-grabbing of the past 8 years in the Executive branch has given Obama more powers than he will actually use. Is the OP aware of all the signing statements Bush made?

Old 02-18-2009, 06:32 AM

1,105 posts, read 4,560,630 times
Yes I would love to hear how you think the Republicans, the so called conservatives, that held both the presidency and congress for nearly SIX years would have done any better.

I actually think I would respect most republicans more if they would quit calling themselves conservatives, because they are not. Republicans are as much for big government and big spending as the democrats, they just have so many people bought into the propoganda that they really, truly think they are still conservative.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Son.....if you haven't been under a rock since 2000, you know exactly what has been going on. Like I said, RIP reactionaries.......Bye.

I'm not your son Old Man.... I feel bad for poor little "Sunil"

I know what's going on and I've been sounding the trumpets well before 2000....

Keep trying to shut down the whistle blowers.. It hasn't worked before, and it won't now...

Your time is almost up old man..

Old 02-18-2009, 06:35 AM

216 posts, read 289,796 times
Quote:

THEY will push legislation through without debate... THEY will include bookmarks, pet projects and paybacks in the fine print.... THEY will push through unqualified and questionable nominees... THEY will control the census

Similar situation when the Republicans were in charge of government. Legislations and policies were created by the Republicans that are either being used or deleted by the Democrats. I really don't fully understand your point to single out the Democrats. Republicans set the standard with the $700 billion bailout plan and Democrats followed with almost $800 stimulus plan. Bush created new division in government related to terrorism, but now that the Democrats are in charge, there's instant fear.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:36 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,295,382 times
Quote:

Welcome to obsolescence.
Best post of the thread.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
Yes I would love to hear how you think the Republicans, the so called conservatives, that held both the presidency and congress for nearly SIX years would have done any better.

I actually think I would respect most republicans more if they would quit calling themselves conservatives, because they are not. Republicans are as much for big government and big spending as the democrats, they just have so many people bought into the propoganda that they really, truly think they are still conservative.

The Republicans who were in power did nothing better. They grew government, increased the debt and started this ball rolling...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies