Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:14 AM

513 posts, read 646,851 times

Advertisements

Because he didn't have George Soros money.

So answer the question Fighter1 ... give me specifics ... educate me ... how is Obama's stimulas package supposed to get the US economy out of the ditch - HOW - give me specifics - HOW?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 09:20 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,577,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekTruth View Post
Fighter1,

Quick education for YOU.

The US Congress has been under Democrat control since 2006, while Bush was President. While Bsh was busy fighting the war on terror the least Nancy Pelosi, Harry Ried and the rest of the Democrat Congress could have done was look out for the domestic front. But they didn't and they're now running Congress still - so where is this change that was promised?

Answer the question:

How is Obama's stimulas bill going to fix the economy - HOW?

Give us "deluded right-wingers" some education.
First let me say that i am neither Dem. Or Rep. nor am I counting on what President Obama can or can not do. I guess you could say I am one of the people in the 1%. retired , did the nessary planing , did not have all or most of my funds in 401's or stock. So what i had when I retired is still in tact and will last as long as i will live . Now the reason I state that is that i find it interesting how many people from both sides spend so much time Bit***ng at each other rather then really trying to resolve the problems we (you) are faced with. Throwing blame will not fix anything.When everyone can understand one the simple thing, and that is there can not be an "I " or "Me" when we try to solve problems , only "WE" . No one person will get us out of this mess we are in . but "WE" working togather can ! If only we would start.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:08 AM

194 posts, read 325,718 times
President Obama certainly didn't take the job for the glory. He knew that we were facing extremely difficult times and there was much work to be done before he'd be able to turn our economic situation around. Obama wants to create a better America for his children and their generation.

If you have great ideas of how all the problems he inherited with the job can be fixed- he's a president who is listening and you can send him your ideas.

President Obama is also one to admit when he's made a mistake and we sure don't have an abundance of others owning up to the mistakes they made that caused this situation in the first place.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:33 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
You want a plan..
Ok First who employees Americans.
Businesses do not the government! First lets clear that up.
Is that right? You mean firefighters, police, teachers, soldiers, et. al. are not employed? Thanks for clearing that up.
Quote:
People are mostly scared and the market is up and down they want to see good numbers and people want to feel safe.
The market is down because it was artificially inflated, just like home values. That's what happens when you give tax cuts to wealthy people. You see, the wealthy already consume more than they need. Any extra cash goes into financial instruments. Of course, you already know what happens when a market is flooded with cash.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
So answer the question Fighter1 ... give me specifics ... educate me ... how is Obama's stimulas package supposed to get the US economy out of the ditch - HOW - give me specifics - HOW?
Spending. With spending.

Our economy is based on spending - mostly consumer spending. When no one is spending, not business nor consumers, government is the 'spender of last resort.' Some spending is better than others, but any spending is better than none, in such a situation as we find today. Even the dreaded 'condom project,' which was removed from the bill, would have created jobs in the condom industry. These workers, in turn, buy groceries, gasoline, supplies, etc. These purchases support those industries, which also creates jobs, and the spiral begins upward.

Contrary to common right-wing-think, business does not create jobs. In our economy, demand is the prime-mover in job creation. Both tax cuts and government spending increase demand. The difference is where the money is targeted. A wealthy person will take his $20,000 tax cut and throw it into the stock market, for example. No job created. A middle class person will take his $2000 tax cut and spend it on consumer goods, thus creating jobs.

Ever wonder why the government doesn't take its money and sink it all into Wall Street? Because the stock market isn't a real part of the economy. Stock prices are a measure of the economy, not the economy itself.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:05 PM

You know back in the 30's Germans truly believed Hitler cared about Germany too.
Back then, Hitler gave moving speeches, the media loved him, celebrities loved him, people in other countries loved him, and people wouldn't question him -- see any similarities in America?

Old 02-20-2009, 12:07 PM

To nvxplorer,

So if the government spending over a TRILLION dollars made the economy grow then why isn't that strategy employed every year?

Did Bush and the Dem Congress out of control spending since 2006 make our economy grow?

I think you know the answer.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
You know back in the 30's Germans truly believed Hitler cared about Germany too.
Back then, Hitler gave moving speeches, the media loved him, celebrities loved him, people in other countries loved him, and people wouldn't question him -- see any similarities in America?
Back around 25AD, Jews truly believed Jesus cared about them. He gave moving speeches and everybody loved him.

Next?

Old 02-20-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Spending. With spending.

Our economy is based on spending - mostly consumer spending. When no one is spending, not business nor consumers, government is the 'spender of last resort.' Some spending is better than others, but any spending is better than none, in such a situation as we find today. Even the dreaded 'condom project,' which was removed from the bill, would have created jobs in the condom industry. These workers, in turn, buy groceries, gasoline, supplies, etc. These purchases support those industries, which also creates jobs, and the spiral begins upward.

Contrary to common right-wing-think, business does not create jobs. In our economy, demand is the prime-mover in job creation. Both tax cuts and government spending increase demand. The difference is where the money is targeted. A wealthy person will take his $20,000 tax cut and throw it into the stock market, for example. No job created. A middle class person will take his $2000 tax cut and spend it on consumer goods, thus creating jobs.

Ever wonder why the government doesn't take its money and sink it all into Wall Street? Because the stock market isn't a real part of the economy. Stock prices are a measure of the economy, not the economy itself.
You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Where do you think most of Americans wake up and go to every Monday morning?

Small businesses growing causes jobs -- OMG -- I can't believe you don't understand that. Is 1+1=4 in your world?

Where do you think that wealthy person's $20k goes? Into a black hole?!
That money is put into companies. Why do companies go public? So people can invest money into them so they can do R&D, expand, buy new equipment, hire top talent, etc. So yes, it does create jobs - lots of them.

Sheer ignorance! Un-freaking-believable. The public school system has done it's job!

Have you ever held a job besides cook at McDonalds?

Old 02-20-2009, 12:15 PM

NVXPLORER,

Are you anti-semetic!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies