Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2009, 08:23 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
It's an aggregate. On average would you rather be a white person applying or a black person applying?

Wise again:
I'd rather be the most qualified applying. To define people simply by the color of their skin is regression, not progression.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:32 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones1980 View Post
Also -- in predominately Black countries is there Black privilege?

And finally, don't African-Americans have the highest standard of living in the world compared to Blacks in overwhelmingly Black countries? Seems to me that things can't be too tough considering they are benefiting from living in a majority-White built country -- with amenities that Whites created such as a written language, wheel, electricity, etc (When European explorers went to inland Africa these people were still hunting large game with spear)... and are able to live under a rule of law where conditions are relatively safe.
Quote:
Why are we doing this to ourselves and why is it in our benefit? I see no benefit from what's going on around me and the decline in quality of life...
Quote:
America aside, why is it that the Black man has failed in every corner of the world in which they inhabit? Whether it be a majority-Black country in Africa or a Black minority in the United States or the U.K... this one group has contributed nothing in the form of science and technology to the modern world... I think it is a racial thing.
Quote:
Excuse me but do you have any inventions from a Black-African from Africa, not a Black person educated in a White country?

Furthermore, I would hardly call mashing up peanuts some sort of technological breakthrough that would rival the combustion engine or light bulb.
Quote:
So it's the fault of White people that Blacks have a stereotype of being lazy, even if it is true?

It reminds me of the Black woman at the bar who proudly exclaimed about stiffing the bar tender who I told "stereotypes die hard, eh?" and she tried to chew me out.
Quote:
So what is stopping Blacks from creating a black-majority paradise?

I mean, why would they be wanting to flood Europe and America with evil Whitey who has created and invented nothing but leeched off the Black man and his technological achievements in the wonderland that is Africa?
It seems to me that there are two kinds of people on this thread: those who acknowledge that white privilege exists, and people like TomJones - except not so overtly racist (really three groups, but TomJones is in a class all by himself). Do those of you who deny white privilege appreciate the comments above? Or do you abhor them?

Old 02-20-2009, 08:36 PM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
[quote=TomJones1980;7556903]Or Europe. As millions worked in the Northern factories for little pay in horrid working conditions.

I once had a Black person say that they would "be in a better place" if it wasn't for Europeans. So I asked them why they didn't go back to the motherland and asked what the better place would be... I told them it would be some place in Western Africa where Europeans bought slaves on the coast. Of course when I told them they wouldn't have electricity, heat, cars, etc... all the things the White man provided they didn't have a response.[/quote

Thought you might like to see West Africa without cars and electricty?
who do you think built this city?

Old 02-20-2009, 08:43 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
It seems to me that there are two kinds of people on this thread: those who acknowledge that white privilege exists, and people like TomJones - except not so overtly racist (really three groups, but TomJones is in a class all by himself). Do those of you who deny white privilege appreciate the comments above? Or do you abhor them?
I'm smug, arrogant, overbearing, and annoying (or so I'm told)....but I abhor the comments you're referring to. They're inflammatory, (and, as you can see, they've succeeded in 'inflaming' others). I do not deny privilege exists, yet hesitate to all it a 'blanket white' privilege contrasted with a 'blanket black' oppression, at this time in history. That's far too simplistic, and fails to mention those who are neither white nor black.

I recognize that blacks have faced oppression in this nation unique to their race. I recognize that some of the effects of this may continue in to the present day for some individuals. I do not call this 'white privilege'. I think that racial classifications and 'group rights' are detrimental to a modern society, and I believe individual responsibility, as soon as it's adopted, is ultimately the ONLY way to have a free society.

Last edited by macmeal; 02-20-2009 at 08:59 PM..

Old 02-20-2009, 08:52 PM

Liberia!

Old 02-20-2009, 08:53 PM

26 posts, read 19,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Thanks to your motherland (Europe) we've had Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, and is the birth place of communism.

Good job europeans.
Look around you, at everything, who do you think invented every modern convenience that you use?

Old 02-20-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
What did you find incorrect or untruthful about what I said?

Old 02-20-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Thought you might like to see West Africa without cars and electricty?
who do you think built this city?
No -- I know it's there. Just like the largest economy in Africa is South Africa... go figure.

But realize that when Whites began to explore Africa in the 1800s, and I mean really explore inland Africa, they were literally living in the stone age.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:00 PM

Tom Jones should go to The apalachia Mountains and help his white brothers out of their poverty,no electricy, no cars, crime , and drug use, maybe he would feel some guilt about how the white mans education, technological marvels, and superiority has made him turned his back on his own kind

Old 02-20-2009, 09:04 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Thanks to your motherland (Europe) we've had Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, and is the birth place of communism.

Good job europeans.
Once again (for the third time)..if we're going to insist on comparing "motherlands", this thread will melt down. NOBODY come from a perfect 'motherland'...ALL of them had monstrous human rights violations.

Want to compare motherlands? I hope not. We're Americans now..right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies