Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2009, 09:52 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,471,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I would just say there is a double standard in this country when it comes to race. How many times do you see Black comedians attack white people and make fun. Now if a white guy said anything near that they would have protests and the person would be shunned by the public. The same attitude is applied for rap and it's lyrics. I have heard countless artists say white people can't repeat their lyrics because it's wrong and we don't understand the background. Okay I wonder if they would be so eager to give up a huge number of their sales when white people don't buy their album. There is an outcry saying they are treated poorly for their skin, then they go out and act like those the accuse. Pot meet Kettle.
I just went to a Ralphie May(the white morbidly obese comedian from last comic standing) show last weekend in Florida and he railed on blacks for much of the show. It was actually a suprise. He avoids that on his televised shows. The much bigger suprise was how much the crowed cheered I was waiting for someone to burn a cross. Anyway, he was fairly funny as I find some sterotyping funny in a comedic setting but it was a bit much.

Please name one rap artist that said white folks can't repeat their lyrics. They'ed never do that because white's buy most of their records and are the majority at many of their shows.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:10 PM

12,929 posts, read 13,622,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Not one of those toothless meth or crack addicts from Appalachia... Of course, one common stereotype about blacks is that they don't tip... so most waiters and cabbies aren't going to be thrilled about having a customer that doesn't tip them, no matter what colour their skin is.
IMO the tipping habits of African Americans are a direct result of white privilege, Historicaly African Americans have always recieved poor service in resturaunts, Long waits to be seated, water glasses and drinks not refreshed as often, whites who came in after them being served first,or in the old days, eating in the kitchen, standing at the counter, many resturaunts still treat African Americans like they don't want their business not because of their tipping habits but because they think its not good for business to have African Americans there. non-blacks who traditionaly ,historicaly, and consistently get good service will always tip better than someone who gets treated good only sporadicaly

Old 02-20-2009, 10:12 PM

18,081 posts, read 25,189,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I totally agree. Lets eliminate ALL forms of racism if we trully want to strive for a color-blind society that's equal for all.
First of all you have to find the root of racism,
I believe TV and Hollywood have a lot to do with it,
am I the only one that has noticed that Disney heroes almost always have blue eyes?

Old 02-20-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
IMO the tipping habits of African Americans are a direct result of white privilege, Historicaly African Americans have always recieved poor service in resturaunts, Long waits to be seated, water glasses and drinks not refreshed as often, whites who came in after them being served first,or in the old days, eating in the kitchen, standing at the counter, many resturaunts still treat African Americans like they don't want their business not because of their tipping habits but because they think its not good for business to have African Americans there. non-blacks who traditionaly ,historicaly, and consistently get good service will always tip better than someone who gets treated good only sporadicaly
You better stop telling the truth. This will soon draw outrage.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:14 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,312,895 times
Quote:
I would just say there is a double standard in this country when it comes to race.

Of course there's a double standard. When one group has had the scales tipped in their favor for 300 or so years, an equally opposing force must be applied in order to even things out. It's basic physics. It might be a crappy deal that white Americans of this generation have to be the ones that feel "the pinch," but so is life. Life's unfair, deal with it. If you want someone to blame, blame the generations of white Americans who stood by and did nothing while their fellow citizens were being denied their constitutional rights.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:17 PM

26 posts, read 19,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Of course there's a double standard. When one group has had the scales tipped in their favor for 300 or so years, an equally opposing force must be applied in order to even things out. It's basic physics. It might be a crappy deal that white Americans of this generation have to be the ones that feel "the pinch," but so is life. Life's unfair, deal with it. If you want someone to blame, blame the generations of white Americans who stood by and did nothing while their fellow citizens were being denied their constitutional rights.
And now we have 13% of the population who commits 52% of all homicides. Luckily it's predominately against their own.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:21 PM

3,068 posts, read 5,217,081 times
Quote:
I would just say there is a double standard in this country when it comes to race. How many times do you see Black comedians attack white people and make fun. Now if a white guy said anything near that they would have protests and the person would be shunned by the public. The same attitude is applied for rap and it's lyrics. I have heard countless artists say white people can't repeat their lyrics because it's wrong and we don't understand the background. Okay I wonder if they would be so eager to give up a huge number of their sales when white people don't buy their album. There is an outcry saying they are treated poorly for their skin, then they go out and act like those the accuse. Pot meet Kettle.

Bill Maher makes fun of black people all the time - even had a hilarious bit several years back "transcribing" gangster rap lyrics into the King's English for his white audiences. But you see, Maher doesn't come at it from a point of racist condescension. He's artful and witty about it. And mad successful at that.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones1980 View Post
And now we have 13% of the population who commits 52% of all homicides. Luckily it's predominately against their own.
While 100% of the people that bankrupted our country look like you.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:35 PM

3,068 posts, read 5,217,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
And the service provider who would allow such a stereotype to negatively influence his/her level of service only fuels the vicious cycle.

• Server buys into "blacks never tip" stereotype
  • Server refrains from providing his/her black customer with the utmost service because "I'm not gonna get anything from him anyway" - no matter how polite the customer may be
  • Black customer gets shoddy service
  • Black customer refuses to tip out of protest for such service
  • Racist stereotype confirmed once again in the mind of the server
  • Next black customer gets really bad service, or probably none at all

Old 02-20-2009, 10:36 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,312,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones1980 View Post

Tom Jones the tribalist; doing and saying the most backwards, unenlightened and reactionary garbage all for the uplift of the white tribe. Too bad the financial elite regard you with at least as much disgust as you have for the "mongrel races."

A great example of a pathetic, sickly and abused dog who loves his abusive master more than he loves himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.