Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 05:16 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
When did he say that? He said "We are the ones we've been waiting for."
same thing.........

Sick mind of Obama: "I am the one I've been waiting for" - AOL Video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 05:19 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekTruth View Post
Why are you defending Obama? What, because he gives speeches that move you to tears? Because Diane Sawyer and Chris Matthews swoon over him? Because he's a Democrat therefore you must support him and make excuses for him no matter what?

Please explain to me ... how is spending nearly a trillion when the country is in debt going to get this country out of debt?

Please explain to me ... what is Obama's plan to create millions of long-term jobs/careers that pay $40k -$50k jobs with benefits packages?
I agree that spending a trillion when you're plastic is maxed out doesn't make sense. But to place all the blame on Obama is irrational. Did you just wake up on January 21?

It's time to realize that the political parties don't run the show, the money behind them does. This boondoggle of a "stimulus" is a bank robbery in full daylight just like the wild gyrations of the market last fall were the results of planned manipulation. The banksters--who buy politicians of every stripe--know the economy is a sham and are assuring their profit on the way down. This destruction of our economy and way of life is deliberate. While I would argue that it needs to be altered (much of it is unsustainable and destructive) these criminals should not be calling the shots.

Perhaps the best thing is to let this system die. We Americans can't do much right now. But we can be our most powerful when it comes time to replace it with something else. Focus on the future. What do you want it to be? Twenty million people dreaming in unison is a powerful force. Spinning our wheels finding spots to place blame allows others to realize their goals for us while we're distracted. Don't give up your ability to manufacture reality.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 02-19-2009 at 05:33 PM..

Old 02-19-2009, 05:24 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Just keep praying for failure so you can tell everyone "Look! I told you I was right!". Your ego's pride is far more important than solutions to this chaos created by the last 8 years.

You're so desperate for Obama to fail you have actually convinced yourself he is after just a month because that's what you want.

Funny thing is that he defied every odd and criticism at every step of the way. While you may disagree with his tactics, there's nothing to indicate that he won't do it again.

It's time to grow up. Seriously. It's really time to grow up and stop seeing the world in black and white.
You should grow up and realize that this whole crisis was started before Bush,l such as Clinton starting the ball rolling with the housing crisis. Of course, Bush did not help matters along with congress but at least I am not blinded by partisan bias

Old 02-19-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekTruth View Post
FinkieMcGee,

Why would you defend this guy? Why? Seriously. Do you honestly think he gives a rats a@# about you?

He promised that he was the one we were looking for that he'd bring change. So again, I ask my question, Obama's move was to spend nearly a trillion when the country is already in debt so how is that going to get the country out of debt?

And what is his specific plan to create lots of decent jobs?

Maybe because they are one of those irresponsible homebuyers who wants us taxpayers to pay off their mortgage. I hate paying for dumb decisions

Old 02-19-2009, 05:29 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
You should grow up and realize that this whole crisis was started before Bush,l such as Clinton starting the ball rolling with the housing crisis. Of course, Bush did not help matters along with congress but at least I am not blinded by partisan bias
Yes, yes. Of course Clinton played a role in it. But Bush had 8 years to correct Clinton's mistakes. He didn't. He just kept telling us the economy is doing great or Brownies doing a heckuva job or whatever else he tried to spin away and hope we wouldn't notice.

The blame now falls upon his administration.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Yes, yes. Of course Clinton played a role in it. But Bush had 8 years to correct Clinton's mistakes. He didn't. He just kept telling us the economy is doing great or Brownies doing a heckuva job or whatever else he tried to spin away and hope we wouldn't notice.

The blame now falls upon his administration.
No, from here on out, with every dumb move Obama makes (the stimulus is the 1st) the blame now falls on him, but Bush shouldn't get a free pass since he left some mess also

Old 02-19-2009, 05:38 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I don't take it to mean the same thing. I think Obama's message has consistently been about all of us being in this together.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:40 PM

24,413 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Many of these homes won't go up in value. The cities are full of homes that just deteriorate because nobody spends a dime on them on upkeep. And its not just in urban areas. Houses become abandoned and get condemned all the time. What's next on the bailout schedule? Free maintenance and home repair? What about property taxes? Has anybody ever seen the sheriffs sales due to property taxes not being paid? Will they then get a tax bailout? Many people bought homes not realizing what it takes to maintain them and just wanted a house( beyond their means to pay) as a money making vehicle. These are the people who need to get pushed out of the system, not helped by it.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:44 PM

513 posts, read 647,119 times
Interesting ...

... no Obama worshippers have bothered to explain SPECIFICALLY how his stimulas plan is going to create millions of $40k ++ a year jobs with benefits.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:48 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,848,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Hey, and if it doesn't work, Keynesian retards can use one of Krugman the fraud's many pre-selected excuses.

win/win.
Krugman is a genious and served under Reagan! Why don't you give me some example of the economic school you believe in and lets have the debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies