Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 03:31 PM

439 posts, read 616,928 times

Advertisements

I will buy cans of beans and tuna fish because we are going to be broke with Obama as our President. This is the change we wanted? Does any one have some spare change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 03:37 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post

This package will help the people at the bottom of the barrel ... no question. The people it will not help is the true middle class. That $8/week will do nothing for those of us who are not in debt, are paying our mortgages on time and basically working on our own to make ends meet.

What I want to know is this ..... what is going to happen when all the seniors who lost up to half their savings over the past several months run out of money down the road and we aren't dead yet?

What's going to happen when we can't pay our own way in several years? I guess the government will step in and take care of us? And how much is that going to burden this already under water country? Because there's a ton of us out here who may not make it if things don't improve within the next couple of years.

I am working on a letter to President Obama as we speak about this very question. I am copying my local newspaper and my Senators and I hope I receive some kind of answer because I have not heard one single solitary person address this question. It's really as if we don't exist.
You are right on target, and the people at the bottom cannot do anything to "stimulate the economy" with the lousy $8 or $13, whichever it is.

Good for you, writing Obama and copying to your local paper. We should all hammer these questions home and demand answers.

I was going to call Sherrod Brown this morning, but they don't start work till 9:00AM. I was going to ask for a detailed description of everything in the so-called "stimulus" (a.k.a. PORK bill) and why he thought it was necessary and how it would stimulate the economy. Of course, I know he never read it! Nobody has.

I'm still going to call and ask.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:39 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,829 times
You better brush up on your survival skills my friend. There will be no supermarkets to sell you tuna fish in a can and any coinage printed by this silly regime will only be worth the metal used to make it. Oh I can't wait to watch the parasites scream for Godvernment to save them when it no longer has the ability to "provide" them with the spoils of oppression.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:29 AM

956 posts, read 1,234,812 times
I completed my letter to Pres. Obama and have sent it through the internet to avoid the red tape it would have to go through as a hard copy. Someone suggested I handwrite it, but my script (according to my husband) is illegible. So I am sending a hard copy as well and it should clear security by the end of Obama's term.

I copied my Senators here in Florida and the Palm Beach Post. They've printed my letters before, so we'll see.

I even thought of posting it here just to see what sort of bashing I would get, but I'm not sure I'm up for it. Actually the letter isn't political at all ... just a fair question from "the forgotten ones".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies