Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 07:05 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,303,667 times

Advertisements

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Video: The obligatory “CNBC, Chicago traders dump on Obama’s mortgage plan” clip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 07:06 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,331,257 times
He's dead right! Traders hate Obama. He may not have caused the recession (his party did that), but he is causing a Depression.

I was watching that clip this morning and I'm glad that Drudge caught it.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:09 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,303,667 times

YouTube - Rick Santelli pissed off about the bailout

Old 02-19-2009, 07:33 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
He's dead right! Traders hate Obama. He may not have caused the recession (his party did that), but he is causing a Depression.

I was watching that clip this morning and I'm glad that Drudge caught it.
It wasn't like the subprime mortgate debacle created during the years when Republicans controlled all branches of government (2002 - 2006) had anything to do the current recession?

And sure ... defintely blame Obama for the problem getting worse, when Obama said from day one that the economic fiasco he took over was so bad that it would get worse before it gets better.

Just pretend like you never heard him say that!

Fantasy Land is where most Republicans spend their time these days!

Old 02-19-2009, 07:39 PM

When did the recession start? Dec 2007, 1 year and 11 months after the Dems took over.

BTW the GOP didn't control all branches, the Supreme Court is a branch.

Quote:
subprime mortgate debacle created during the years when Republicans controlled all branches
So I guess that mean Richard Nixon was for Roe v. Wade, by that logic.

That means you will finally take responsibility for the Sept 2001 recession that you have been blaming Bush for, as the Dems had the House, and Bush was only in office for 8 months, therefore Clinton was responsible.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:40 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
Wow- how powerful our prez must be to have caused a depression in less than one month. Would that only be true, BC then he would be powerful enough to fix our country in like two months.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Wow- how powerful our prez must be to have caused a depression in less than one month. Would that only be true, BC then he would be powerful enough to fix our country in like two months.
I said he didn't cause the recession.

This is what I said:

Quote:

Old 02-19-2009, 07:56 PM

171 posts, read 326,866 times
Nah, I don't think they are in Fantasy Land. That's what they WANT you to think.

But, I think it will be very time consuming to find out which Island or Swiss Bank a lot of them are scrambling around at. Or which Investor/Trader they are following and hoping can run fast enough not to get caught or exposed. Too bad WE, the middle class citizens and the poor citizens of the US, are unable to hear THEIR cell phone calls or read their emails to their investors and lobbyist.

I mean BOTH sides of the house & senate. Dems & Repubs, both! Would be interesting, wouldn't it?

All the while, we divide and don't unite.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:07 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Quote:
When did the recession start? Dec 2007, 1 year and 11 months after the Dems took over.
Dems were elected in Nov 2006, and took office Jan 2007, so how do you figure 1 year 11 months?

Hate to tell you this ... but the damage was already done by January 2007.

These bad subprime mortgages were being written all the way back in 2002 and forward.

Quote:
BTW the GOP didn't control all branches, the Supreme Court is a branch.
Let's see ... 5 Republican justices, 4 Democratic justices .... you do the math!

How do you think Bush was selected by the Supreme Court to be our next president way back in 2000?

Quote:
So I guess that mean Richard Nixon was for Roe v. Wade, by that logic.
I have no idea what you are talking about here?

Quote:
That means you will finally take responsibility for the Sept 2001 recession that you have been blaming Bush for, as the Dems had the House, and Bush was only in office for 8 months, therefore Clinton was responsible.
Nobody blames Bush for the recession caused by the dot.com bubble bursting, or for the 9/11 attacks.

But those two recessions were peanuts compared to what we have today.

Republican presidents are infamous for creating the worst imaginable depressions.

Just look at the 1920's when two back-to-back Republican presidents (first Calvin Coolidge followed by Herbert Hoover) managed to create the exact same economic conditions that we have today.

In both cases, then and now, we ended up with the worst economic disasters of our lifetimes.

Way to go Republicans !!!

Old 02-19-2009, 08:15 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times

love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies