Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:10 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I just don't get how you can blame the Democrats for this recession when Bush a Republican just got out of office after 8 years. It was his handling of our country that brought us where we are. It was his use of money to bail out Iraq that brought us where we are, rather then thinking of the American people first AND to add insult to injury he develops Iraq/terrorist Terets syndrome in order to cover up his personal agenda.

I honestly have to question the sanity of anyone that can stick their head in the sand and pretend what I have said is not true. Covering your ears and eyes doesn't mean its not still happening. Bush dragged this country to a place it hasn't been since the Great Depression of 29.

When we have Democrats in office there is a surplus in monies because they don't run about the world chest thumping begging to start a war, rather they concentrate on the American tax payer. Why should MY tax money go to take care of people elsewhere when MY PEOPLE right here at home are suffering.
Amen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 09:11 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
He would have done exactly what Obama is doing now print money and call it stimulus and then turn around and say it's the democrats fault or republicans fault and open the borders to cheap labor.
WE ARE BROKE don't you people get it.
WHY ARE WE BROKE STOP SPENDING MONEY!~!!!!!!! we dont have.
Its like paying off your credit card with another credit card and the interest rate is higher then the payments your making. The difference is the government is trying to keep you all happy and give you food scraps and say see we are helping you. Stop taking my money to begin with and balance a budget for once in your lives government.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:11 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I keep hearing a hum ....

Weird...you keep posting pointless, irrelevant responses.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:18 AM

410 posts, read 514,953 times
I don't think George Bush would have done any different than Obama. They are given orders that they follow and that is it.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:28 AM

370 posts, read 440,444 times
If the republcians were in control
They would of cut taxes for rich people and increased military spending.
Thats what they wanted with this stimulus package.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:34 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Anyone care to speculate what George Bush would have done for the economy if he somehow would have stayed in office?

It's hard to say. But I know what he wanted to do.

Setting the Record Straight: Six Years of Unheeded Warnings for GSE Reform

Old 02-20-2009, 09:39 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyne View Post
If the republcians were in control
They would of cut taxes for rich people and increased military spending.
Thats what they wanted with this stimulus package.
Right now the military has plenty of needs that could put people to work immediately - shovel ready. It's not a part of the Obama agenda so it doesn't get considered in this spending bill, but if you want to look where they can use it immediately, the military would be one to consider.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:42 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serena nisha sattar View Post
I don't think George Bush would have done any different than Obama. They are given orders that they follow and that is it.

You're right! You win the prize!

But if it were Bush doing it, it would look as stupid as it is - because Bush is a very stupid man.

Now, we have a president that can complete a sentence when he speaks.

The difference between the two in this regard is so vast that it will take a longer time for people to realize that what's being done now will not work, and will make thing much worse.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:56 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Weird...you keep posting pointless, irrelevant responses.

There's that noise again ..

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 02-20-2009, 05:28 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I keep hearing a hum ....
Well, maybe you need to readjust your hearing aid. Liberals always have problems with hearing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies