Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 03:55 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,411,535 times

Advertisements

I am against same-sex marriage and believe that there should be a constitutional ammendment banning it.

I am also against civil unions. I believe that there should be a constitutional ammendment banning it.

I am also against the ability for homosexuals and single-parents to adopt. Only married couples should adopt.

Every child deserves a mother and a father and society cannot last in the long haul without traditional families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 02:06 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,355,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by US-Traveller View Post
I am against same-sex marriage and believe that there should be a constitutional ammendment banning it.

I am also against civil unions. I believe that there should be a constitutional ammendment banning it.

I am also against the ability for homosexuals and single-parents to adopt. Only married couples should adopt.

Every child deserves a mother and a father and society cannot last in the long haul without traditional families.
I am against people who are bigoted getting married, having children and teaching their children to be bigots too.

I don't think bigots should be allowed to have civil unions either.

I am also against bigots being allowed to adopt.

Every child deserves parents who are not ignorant bigots, who love them and encourage them to be critical thinkers with open minds.

Now I'll just go look up some biblical scripture that I can manipulate and twist to support this.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:42 AM

9,761 posts, read 3,410,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I am against people who are bigoted getting married, having children and teaching their children to be bigots too.

I don't think bigots should be allowed to have civil unions either.

I am also against bigots being allowed to adopt.

Every child deserves parents who are not ignorant bigots, who love them and encourage them to be critical thinkers with open minds.

Now I'll just go look up some biblical scripture that I can manipulate and twist to support this.

Smack down!
:-)

Old 02-24-2009, 09:45 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,430,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by US-Traveller View Post

Very well said. I'm not sure how I feel about single parent adoption though. As far as everything else I agree 100%.

As far as single parent adoption, if you want to have kids and are divorced, etc. or just never got married, you should be able to as long as you support the kids. You should not be able to have kids WITH an unmarried partner.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Very well said. I'm not sure how I feel about single parent adoption though. As far as everything else I agree 100%.

As far as single parent adoption, if you want to have kids and are divorced, etc. or just never got married, you should be able to as long as you support the kids. You should not be able to have kids WITH an unmarried partner.
Purr-fect! Thank you for discussing this in the appropriate thread :-)
Well.. again this is about homosexual marriage. I assume your point is you are against homosexual marriage.. is this accurate?

Old 02-24-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
Purr-fect! Thank you for discussing this in the appropriate thread :-)
Well.. again this is about homosexual marriage. I assume your point is you are against homosexual marriage.. is this accurate?
Yes I am against homosexual marriage. I am also against couples raising children in unconvential circumstances. I am not against single parents. But, I feel that if a single parent chooses to add a stepparent into the picture there needs to be an actual marriage.

I am NOT against homosexuality as you assumed. The main reason I am against homosexual marriage actually is that I feel that a big part of marriage is the ability to start a family.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Yes I am against homosexual marriage. I am also against couples raising children in unconvential circumstances. I am not against single parents. But, I feel that if a single parent chooses to add a stepparent into the picture there needs to be an actual marriage.

I am NOT against homosexuality as you assumed. The main reason I am against homosexual marriage actually is that I feel that a big part of marriage is the ability to start a family.
Lady.. you have been all over my case in the Parenting Forum "How old do you think one should be when they have their first children".. I have never put words into your mouth.. I've never said that you were against 'homosexuality'.. this is what I said:

"Well.. darlin.. I hate to break it to you but some people don't 'believe' in marriage and some people are still not allowed legally to get married. But I'm guessing you're prob part of the population that is against homosexual marriages.. or else you prob wouldn't have brought it up. However.. for the sake of inclusiveness.. I used SO.. I beg your pardon."

Old 02-24-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Lady.. you have been all over my case in the Parenting Forum "How old do you think one should be when they have their first children".. I have never put words into your mouth.. I've never said that you were against 'homosexuality'.. this is what I said:

"Well.. darlin.. I hate to break it to you but some people don't 'believe' in marriage and some people are still not allowed legally to get married. But I'm guessing you're prob part of the population that is against homosexual marriages.. or else you prob wouldn't have brought it up. However.. for the sake of inclusiveness.. I used SO.. I beg your pardon."
I'm a guy actually....

Old 02-24-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
I'm a guy actually....
Hehe.. sorry fella :-) But still.. you sure have been a nag all in all.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Hehe.. sorry fella :-) But still.. you sure have been a nag all in all.
This probably would have been the right forum to argue about this...you're right. But don't say I'm personally attacking you because I'm certainly not...just trying to have a healthy debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies