Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 08:59 AM

38 posts, read 121,470 times

Advertisements

Now that I have your attention... Isn't that what Kayne said about the now former President Bush? I believe it went something like "George Bush doesn't care about black people" Hmm so by Kayne's infinite wisdom and knowledge I guess you could say that the leader of the free world, who ironically is considered Black "doesn't care about black people" either...

Kayne... Excuse me Kayne... wait where did he go? Funny how his wealth of blackness knowledge is silent now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 09:03 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,313,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
So what? There wasn't anything for home mortgages, either. Guess what - there's another bill for that. The stimulus isn't over, and neither is Katrina after 3 years of Bush incompetence. It'll take quite a while to fix all the GOP-created problems.
I like how last week the GOP was whining that not enough money was being spent on home mortgages and this week they're whining that to much money is spent on home mortgages. The GOP is flip flopping all over the place. They really are just the party of no who against any idea no matter what it is.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:05 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,709,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Washington (AP) - The economic stimulus signed by President Barack Obama will spread billions of dollars across the country to spruce up aging roads and bridges. But there's not a dime specifically dedicated to fixing leftover damage from Hurricane Katrina.

And there's no outrage about it.

Democrats who routinely criticized President George W. Bush for not sending more money to the Gulf Coast appear to be giving Obama the benefit of the doubt in his first major spending initiative. Even the Gulf's fiercest advocates say they're happy with the stimulus package, and their states have enough money for now to address their needs.

Thompson and others say new funding wasn't necessary in the stimulus largely because billions of federal dollars remain bogged down in bureaucracy or tied up in planning.

CNSNews.com - No Stimulus Money Will Go Toward Katrina Recovery (http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=43816 - broken link)
But but but but but ... your Bobby Jindal doesn't want stim money anyway .. so what's your point???

Old 02-21-2009, 09:06 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,709,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by restoguy View Post
Now that I have your attention... Isn't that what Kayne said about the now former President Bush? I believe it went something like "George Bush doesn't care about black people" Hmm so by Kayne's infinite wisdom and knowledge I guess you could say that the leader of the free world, who ironically is considered Black "doesn't care about black people" either...

Kayne... Excuse me Kayne... wait where did he go? Funny how his wealth of blackness knowledge is silent now...
No, governor Jindal hates black people.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:35 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,796,855 times
Katrina victims were victims of their own government just as new orleans was a victims ogf their emergency management in teh evacuation. The stae driector for hurricane recovery funds under Blanco is under investiagtion for not following rues in the milions given bu governamnt that has not been spent.The corruption in louisana's government and especaiily in new orleans makes no one ready to allow them anymore money.This is Obama saying no' Does he hate blacks and bush who gave them more money than they can manage a friend of blacks?

Old 02-21-2009, 10:23 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,507,166 times
Wow, so much hatred towards someone you don't know and involving a state's government you don't know. It wasn't the office of the governor (who at the time was Blanco (D)) that tied up the rebuilding money. It was the state Legislature that tied up the money (majority of which is Democrat). Remember, it's the legislature that controls the purse strings of the government's budget. According to the stimulus bill the money can be accepted by members of the legislature. Our own state Senator Mary Landrieau (D) appears to decline the money as not needed and she is from New Orleans.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:41 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,272,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Oh, the GOP really thinks they have a gem with Jindal. They also thought that about that lady from Alaska whose wits are about the size of Keira Knightly's ****.
It's pathetic, really. I guess they think that as long as they have a "person of color," that will put their candidate on the same playing field as Obama. Jindal is a grinning, glad-handing freakazoid. He can't hold a candle to Barack Obama. And Steele thinks that if they the Republican party sings in "hip-hop," that will make them cool to the younger voter. The Republicans really just don't get it, do they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies