Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Vietnam vets forgive Jane Fonda?
Yes 30 23.62%
No 88 69.29%
Other 6 4.72%
Not Sure 3 2.36%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 11:47 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,493,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Please.
Mai Lai Massacre anyone?

Gee, that makes you a good person.
Good think that you aren't given the opportunity to murder people who you disagree with.
Or do you want others to do your dirty work for you?
A post like yours tells me some people don't have anything between their ears but air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 11:48 AM

2,027 posts, read 4,207,991 times
I actually agree with people who say that the veterans deserve respect. However, shouldn't that have applied to John Kerry during the 2004 election? The Swift Boat Vets were every bit as unpatriotic as Jane Fonda. I guess patriotism can only be applied to post-war hawk draft dodgers like Bush and the real veterans and heroes of the war should have their records ruined by people who weren't even there for political expediency. Hardly sounds fair to me.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:49 AM

2,027 posts, read 4,207,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I disagree. I can separate my support for the military and my feelings about the war. What about Obama's campaign arguments against Hillarys that he would have voted against the Iraq War? Are you mad at him because he said that?
Are you still hung up on Hillary's failure?

Old 02-22-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Yipes, is she that old already? No. We'll never forget or forgive. She is just as much of a traitor now as she was then.

"She is just as much of a traitor now as she was then."

That needed to be said again, great post.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Lest we forget.

Who served?
So what does this have to do with "TRAITOR JANE"?

Old 02-22-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Don't believe everything you read on Snopes, people can post what they want just like in this forum....Snopes is not gospel.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
We were the aggressors in that war. Alot of Americans fought there and they paid a heavy price. Many died there or brought their problems (and their injuries) back to the U.S. with them. Many died young after their return home, and many went homeless as well. As heavy a cost as paid by these men (and sometimes women) the price paid by the citizens of Vietnam was even higher.

To forgive would be the right thing to do, as Jane Fonda really did nothing but exercise her right to free speech, and all this talk about how its "treason" is silly, it was North Vietnamese propaganda, not treason.

The real tragedy is the ghosts of Vietnam were ignored by men who invaded Iraq while working to avoid serving in Vietnam
"To forgive would be the right thing to do, as Jane Fonda really did nothing but exercise her right to free speech, and all this talk about how its "treason" is silly, it was North Vietnamese propaganda, not treason."

You really don't have a clue what you are talking about do you?

Old 02-22-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Jane Fonda is a fine example of how American justice works. She is an American traitor that is living a life of luxury in the country she betrayed. She should have been prosecuted and sentenced to death by firing squad.
However, because of who she is and the money in her family she is allowed to go free.
All Americans, and it seems there are fewer and fewer of them in America these days, should boycott anything connected with Jane Fonda.
Great post....

Old 02-22-2009, 12:12 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,098 times
I'd like to give O'l jane-ee-poo a medal.....165 grains worth....special delivery at about 2500 fps....

Old 02-22-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Considering she did a prime time interview in depth apology 20(?) odd years ago, candidly admitting that she was young and foolish and deeply regretted her actions, the statute of limitations alone makes it moot.

Same folks who want to harp on her words aren't blaming the half of america that wrongfully blamed them for war when it was the leadership that directed them to be there. They'll look the other way when elected officials wrongfully send soldiers into someone else's civil war? Thrice??!!! Celebrity figures ought to be more accountable than elected officials/ commander in chief???

I guess once you've got a claim to fame being a victim it becomes a handy identity to lean on for the rest of your life. What a waste. Those aren't the soldiers and sailors I know, and they diminish the respect they deserve by their own actions. I'll put my back up against the wall for rehab, focus on transition back into civilian life, demand my elected officials properly fund restoring them as much as humanly possible, make sure their stories get a platform, but I'll be damned if I feed VFW drunks wallowing in pity parties in perpetuity.

More productive use of their energy would be spent educating america to ensure our present tense troops never take the political abuse in the streets that they endured returning home from vietnam. Ignorance ran rampant in civilian youth, it was wrong, and that history should never be repeated.

How has the era been portrayed in childrens textbooks? I have no grade school kids to check.
Wow, I had no idea we had so many traitor lovers in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies