Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 07:42 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times

Advertisements

Alot of people are so left wing and right wing that we are constantly doing battle in our posts.Whether lies,propoganda,or just turning the other cheek.Reality is what it is.So the question that I pose to you is,what is more important to you?Would you rather the US be succeeding or would you rather have your political party be right even at our countries expense? As much as I didn't like the previous president I would have been THRILLED if our society was thriving.A prosperous country with good trade , low unemployment,good and affordable medical care, and a supportive society as well; that our people and other countries can look up to should be our goal.Lets hear from you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 07:46 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Alot of people are so left wing and right wing that we are constantly doing battle in our posts.Whether lies,propoganda,or just turning the other cheek.Reality is what it is.So the question that I pose to you is,what is more important to you?Would you rather the US be succeeding or would you rather have your political party be right even at our countries expense? As much as I didn't like the previous president I would have been THRILLED if our society was thriving.A prosperous country with good trade , low unemployment,good and affordable medical care, and a supportive society as well; that our people and other countries can look up to should be our goal.Lets hear from you...
Usa I think the country made a major shift to the right and we lost our balance and that is why I feel we find ourselves down at the moment. I believe we need to move way back to the left in order to find our proper balance. That is my opinion. I would still choose america over me being correct.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:47 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
I would prefer our country and our citizens to enjoy a successful, prosperous society regardless of which party is in charge. I'm not blindly beholden to one particular party as I vote based on the candidate and his/her stance on the issues. I would be glad to switch to the democrat party if that serves the needs of our country better than the republicans. Since Obama is our president, his successes is our successes so I wish him the best.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:49 PM

I really don't agree usually with Republican views but if Bush was right that would have been great. The problem in the past was that alot of people wouldn't vote for blacks,northerners,women and as a white male I have to say how impressed I was that this didn't stand in our countries way. Now after saying that I do think we need to give him a FAIR chance and hope he comes through. We gave BUSH more then enough time,we should be willing to do the same for Obama.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:53 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times
Yeah, country.
And I think all of us want that, but we have severe differences in how to get back to prosperity.
We apparently see facts differently, and history even.
It's bizarre.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Yeah, country.
And I think all of us want that, but we have severe differences in how to get back to prosperity.
We apparently see facts differently, and history even.
It's bizarre.
Very true; but like always it will be trial and error with hopefully a limited amount of errors.I think the biggest thing is regaining a positive view from the rest of the world and to start exporting alot more then now.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:58 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
I really don't agree usually with Republican views but if Bush was right that would have been great. The problem in the past was that alot of people wouldn't vote for blacks,northerners,women and as a white male I have to say how impressed I was that this didn't stand in our countries way. Now after saying that I do think we need to give him a FAIR chance and hope he comes through. We gave BUSH more then enough time,we should be willing to do the same for Obama.
Many democrats did this reluctantly and whined the whole 8 years. I personally wish that republicans would take the high ground and give Obama the support that GWB never received from the democrats and the liberals.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Many democrats did this reluctantly and whined the whole 8 years. I personally wish that republicans would take the high ground and give Obama the support that GWB never received from the democrats and the liberals.
The same went for the republicans when Clinton was in office.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:11 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,480,601 times
Quote:
Originally posted by msconnie73
I would prefer our country and our citizens to enjoy a successful, prosperous society regardless of which party is in charge. I'm not blindly beholden to one particular party as I vote based on the candidate and his/her stance on the issues. I would be glad to switch to the democrat party if that serves the needs of our country better than the republicans. Since Obama is our president, his successes is our successes so I wish him the best.
Wow, a reasonable conservative. They seem in short supply these days

I feel the same way Connie. I grew up Conservative Republican, but this election has had me question nearly all my political beliefs. Some of my views are still conservative, but I've definitely drifted toward the center, if not a little left of center. About Obama--I like him personally, but I'm adopting a "wait and see" attitude on his policies. If his ideas, like the stimulus and UHC work, and make America a better place, then I'll change my views.

As John McCain said,(besides "my friends")--"Country First"

Old 02-22-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Wow, a reasonable conservative. They seem in short supply these days

I feel the same way Connie. I grew up Conservative Republican, but this election has had me question nearly all my political beliefs. Some of my views are still conservative, but I've definitely drifted toward the center, if not a little left of center. About Obama--I like him personally, but I'm adopting a "wait and see" attitude on his policies. If his ideas, like the stimulus and UHC work, and make America a better place, then I'll change my views.

As John McCain said,(besides "my friends")--"Country First"
Another good one.I do the same.I prefer Democrats but with all past presidents my view is always wait and see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies