Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 03:27 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,441,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonM View Post
Dear Miborn, I agree with you. Their strategy is plain and simple, "attack attack attack" because they don't want nobody to believe she is a good person that cares about her state. In addition, they fear her because she can become a great American President. So they try to keep silent the truths that Sarah Palin speaks and her Presidential qualifications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 03:29 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,441,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I think you swear more than anyone else on this entire forum.
Thanks for pointing out my wording!

But I don't............. really there are others that are much worse!

Old 02-23-2009, 03:42 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,005 times
These are just aging high school kids.
I felt exactly the same way about Richard Nixon.
Now I keep his picture on my wall.
And apologise to it every day.
They'll be naming their kids Sarah.
Responding only makes them worse.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:48 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,381,291 times
I don't get it.

Sarah Palin didn't do anything wrong here, but she didn't do anything remarkable, either. If this thread should honor anyone, it should be Franklin Graham and Samaritan's Purse. Am I wrong in that? They gave help to a state, of which she is the Governor. Of course she should be involved. I don't think it's publicity-seeking on her part (this time around, anyway), but I really can't see, logically, how this should be a feather in the cap for Palin....

I'm not a big Palin fan, but I think undue criticism OR praise of her is just a little silly...

Old 02-23-2009, 03:58 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,323,806 times
Quote:
On Friday Alaska Governor Honorable Sarah Palin teamed up with Christian evangelist Franklin Graham (son of Rev. Billy Graham) and delivered 44,000 pounds of food for the needy in two western Alaska villages that has been hit hard this "unusually cold winter" from high fuel & food costs and poor fish harvests, See Palin, Graham to Help Needy AK Villages - U.S. - CBN News , Palin and Graham deliver food to villages: Rural Alaska | adn.com . During her trip, Sarah Palin told the crowds they hired her and she works for them, See KTUU.com | Alaska's news and information source | Palin hears first-hand rural Alaska's concerns . She is so Presidential, do you agree or disagree? Read more and vote below:

Honorable Sarah Palin would make a great American President « Ryanskunk’s Blog .
OP IS FALSE AND MISLEADING: Sarah Palin gives 44,000 pounds of food to the needy,
PR for a loser. did she happen to take joe and the turkey killer with her on the trip? palin did not organize this, a charitable organization did. your post is misleading.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:34 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,658,282 times
Did Sarah Palin personally pay for this 44,000 pounds of food? Did the State of Alaska pay for it out of their budget?

Old 02-23-2009, 04:46 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,453,111 times
Palin heads to villages with Christian group: Gov. Sarah Palin | adn.com

Old 02-23-2009, 04:58 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times
Quote:
On Friday Alaska Governor Honorable Sarah Palin teamed up with Christian evangelist Franklin Graham (son of Rev. Billy Graham) and delivered 44,000 pounds of food for the needy in two western Alaska villages that has been hit hard this "unusually cold winter" from high fuel & food costs and poor fish harvests, See Palin, Graham to Help Needy AK Villages - U.S. - CBN News , Palin and Graham deliver food to villages: Rural Alaska | adn.com . During her trip, Sarah Palin told the crowds they hired her and she works for them, See KTUU.com | Alaska's news and information source | Palin hears first-hand rural Alaska's concerns . She is so Presidential, do you agree or disagree? Read more and vote below:

Honorable Sarah Palin would make a great American President « Ryanskunk’s Blog .
I always hated that term "presidential", because it is meaningless, basically.

How "presidential" one "appears" doen't count. What counts is their knowlege and experience, and what they think.

The liberals all said that OB looked "presidential". So what? Look now at what we're stuck with. A bloomin' idiot! He hasn't got a clue what he's doing; but, he looks "presidential"?

It is good, however, what Palin is doing; that she joined forces with this group to distribute food.

A+ in my book. I'd vote for her if she was running. At least she is a real person, and not some phony like we are stuck with for at least four years.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:02 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,381,291 times
Right. And a quick read of that article reveals that... again... she did her job. Lots of people are complaining that she acted too slowly (4-6 weeks), and others are happy that she's doing something.

In short, I repeat, nothing remarkable and nothing damning here.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:20 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Right. And a quick read of that article reveals that... again... she did her job. Lots of people are complaining that she acted too slowly (4-6 weeks), and others are happy that she's doing something.

In short, I repeat, nothing remarkable and nothing damning here.
Much longer than 4-6 weeks. Do you have any idea what the temperatures in those villages was at the height of their crisis? -40 degrees and lower. For the sake of arguement let's say it was 4-6 weeks, many weeks is it ok to go without food or heat in those conditions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies