Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:58 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times

Advertisements

I think Saddam was clever, and not stupid. It would have been stupid for him to arm anyone and I don't believe that was his intention. It has never been adequately proven that these WMD existed--it seemed like a nice ploy but I think we used this as a cover to garner more oil. And from what I've seen of Saddam he spent his money elsewhere and had different ambitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
So, you were willing to take that chance that Saddam wouldn't arm the terrorists, be they Hamas or Hezbollah, or some other group who would attack either our country or our interests with his WMD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 09:06 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I think Saddam was clever, and not stupid. It would have been stupid for him to arm anyone and I don't believe that was his intention. It has never been adequately proven that these WMD existed--it seemed like a nice ploy but I think we used this as a cover to garner more oil. And from what I've seen of Saddam he spent his money elsewhere and had different ambitions.
You don't BELIEVE? Is that worth taking the chance on the lives of possibly hundreds of thousands of Americans?
For this theory to be credible, you'll need to explain exactly where this extra oil is that we have garnered.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:11 PM

Yes, I believe and I believe strongly enough not to take the fear-mongering as seriously as others. If you've read other posts by me, you'll also recall I was in NYC during 9-11; on the street, and amid the flames. I also lost friends and colleagues in the building and nearly 2/3 of my fire-department and our local priest who ministered to the fire department.

I have no faith in this administration. I believe, think, or whatever word you'd like, the Bushes have sold out once more for more money = oil. Check the family record for WWII. Check the historical meetings between and among the Bushes, their cabinet members and the Arabs.

Then you come back to us, and give us answers.

Quote:
You don't BELIEVE? Is that worth taking the chance on the lives of possibly hundreds of thousands of Americans?
For this theory to be credible, you'll need to explain exactly where this extra oil is that we have garnered.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:13 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,440,827 times
Pretty darned silly, America lived with the threat of Thermonuclear annihilation for 50 years and now the fearful are hiding under the bed thinking some A-rab is comin to get them,,

I can see these fearful people 160 years ago, "I hear there is gold out in California!"

"Yeah, but man that Mexican army,, they gonna gitch ya!, I'm staying here in Arkansas, safe under my bed."

Jeez what bunch of wienies.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Yes, I believe and I believe strongly enough not to take the fear-mongering as seriously as others. If you've read other posts by me, you'll also recall I was in NYC during 9-11; on the street, and amid the flames. I also lost friends and colleagues in the building and nearly 2/3 of my fire-department and our local priest who ministered to the fire department.

I have no faith in this administration. I believe, think, or whatever word you'd like, the Bushes have sold out once more for more money = oil. Check the family record for WWII. Check the historical meetings between and among the Bushes, their cabinet members and the Arabs.

Then you come back to us, and give us answers.
So, where is this oil to which you are referring?

Old 03-26-2007, 09:27 PM

You dig for it. The ball is in your court!

Quote:
So, where is this oil to which you are referring?

Old 03-26-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
You dig for it. The ball is in your court!
It was you who made the claim that this was for oil. If this was the case, why have our oil prices risen instead of dropped as it should have if we had just acquired such vast amounts of oil. What evidence do you have that oil was the factor in going to war?

Old 07-26-2007, 10:40 PM

6 posts, read 32,395 times
HI, I do Flag Repair in Las Vegas. I have many American Flags that are too short to fly and I want them to go to the troops in Iraq. Although they are very large 30ft. x 50ft. They would be cool to be dropped out of helicopters for our troops just like the food. does any one know how I could achive such a thing.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies