U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 11:15 AM

41,312 posts, read 42,609,479 times

Advertisements

Obama defends Bush-era secrets - Josh Gerstein - Politico.com

Quote:
President Obama’s administration is moving aggressively to protect what the government insists are “state secrets” from a Bush-era wiretapping program.

Justice Department lawyers filed an emergency motion Friday with a federal appeals court in an effort to block a lower court’s order that the government must show lawyers for the Al-Haramain Islamic Foundation a copy of a document indicating that the group’s communications were being intercepted. The document has been the subject of a running legal battle since the papers were accidentally sent to attorneys for the group in 2004 and subsequently retrieved.
The Left CANNOT be happy about this, or can they?

Do we remember the poisonous rhetoric from the Left - that Bush was "shredding" the constitution?

Remember when the candidate obama was criticizing bush for running all over the rights of americans/resident with the NSA program?

Now that obama has determined that this program is just fine and is willing to fight it out in court to protect those "secrets" - do those on the Left owe Bush an apology?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 01:58 PM

1,831 posts, read 2,253,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Obama defends Bush-era secrets - Josh Gerstein - Politico.com

The Left CANNOT be happy about this, or can they?

Do we remember the poisonous rhetoric from the Left - that Bush was "shredding" the constitution?

Remember when the candidate obama was criticizing bush for running all over the rights of americans/resident with the NSA program?

Now that obama has determined that this program is just fine and is willing to fight it out in court to protect those "secrets" - do those on the Left owe Bush an apology?

Nope, because it's still true. If it turns out to be true of Obama, that's sad as well, but it doesn't excuse Bush.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:11 PM

Or Clinton, since he's the one that initiated the program.

Just "sad"? That's all?

No raging, frothing mass of liberals spouting how obama is shredding the constitution?

Isn't it amazing how much liberals will sacrifice their own integrity and honor when the man in the WH is one of their own, even though he's adopting the policies that sent them over the edge.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:25 PM

3,976 posts, read 10,288,097 times
It is a different view from the "big boy" chair. I am a law abiding citizen, and have zero problem with the program. If they want to listen to me, I could care less. It may be a slippery slope, but I have good traction; I don't break the law.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:34 PM

I agree. I don't have a problem with the program.

I have a problem about the silence from the Left now that obama is in the WH and will be continuing the program.

Every day, a new revelation exposes even more of the hypocrisy.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:45 PM

12,644 posts, read 19,441,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
It is a different view from the "big boy" chair. I am a law abiding citizen, and have zero problem with the program. If they want to listen to me, I could care less. It may be a slippery slope, but I have good traction; I don't break the law.
I was thinking exactly the same thing.
The little boy went to the mens meetings on this and got quite a surprise on what really goes on in the real world!

Old 02-23-2009, 07:09 PM

20,056 posts, read 17,231,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
German Jews probably thought the same way as you did in the early 30's

Old 02-23-2009, 07:23 PM

39,569 posts, read 25,293,012 times
i can't imagine why this thread is getting so little traffic.

apparently, this sort of thing is only outrageous when done by a republican.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:32 PM

Yes, where is the outrage from the lefties?

The One can do no wrong in their eyes. They might feel a little uncomfortable about it, but nothing like what they felt when Bush was in office using the same program.

It's like I said in the general, he could admit to being an axe murderer and it wouldn't matter.

They will compromise their integrity and honesty to defend him.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:03 PM

1,831 posts, read 2,253,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Just "sad"? That's all?

No raging, frothing mass of liberals spouting how obama is shredding the constitution?

Nah. You're so much better at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies