Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 08:07 PM

915 posts, read 3,180,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Beans give me gas. Vrrrrmmm!
maybe if we all eat enough beans, and give enough gas we can power up the town for an hour haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 08:36 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,691 times
I eat Tuna everyday for lunch anyway, low in calories high in Omega-3's maybe more tuna in people diet will create a healthier America.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:49 PM

226 posts, read 312,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Time to start planting your garden -- you can grow beans very easily!

Potatoes are easy too

Old 02-23-2009, 08:51 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,845,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Yall better save your money and eat beans and Tuna fish because hard times are coming with our lord and savior Obama. I feel like we are in Cuba. I can't wait until i see a horse pulling a bus.
Yes you should go to your bunker and stay there forever because Obama is going to end the world.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:57 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,395,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Yes you should go to your bunker and stay there forever because Obama is going to end the world.
Well, soy una persona negra y no creo que va a terminar con el mundo, pero ahora comprendo mas a los cubanos que salieron de cuba despues de la revolucion. Yo y mi familia hemos trabajado muy duro por lo poco que tenemos, y es un poquito duro ver que el gobierno ha decidido dar nuestro dinero a todo el mundo y porque? Because they want to keep housing prices high so they can collect more taxes? In effect, the government has decided to help people in "need" with their house payments, but for those of us who don't qualify for government help that just means housing costs more. I can't afford to have kids, but uncle sam can take 1/3 or whatever of my salary and pay for S-chip for people who are too good to take their kids to a free clinic? I get to see the value of my savings go down (because it will) because the government wants to give student loans to people to go to private colleges. It is possible to work your way through a state school, you know. I have seen government workers at work, and I can't wait to see a state-controlled banking system and car company. An american "yugo" anyone?

I can kind of see hard times coming, but I'm not sure what to do. BTW I would eat that low-mercury tuna if possible. I still eat organic etc food because I don't want to risk getting cancer and I already have brain damage.

We did make a big pot of beans, though. Okay my husband cooked it, so I guess we are getting ready for the hard times I'm just annoyed that housing prices in my area are high and they just won't seem to come down. It's crazy. Who is still buying these houses?

Old 02-24-2009, 09:59 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,562,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Yall better save your money and eat beans and Tuna fish because hard times are coming with our lord and savior Obama. I feel like we are in Cuba. I can't wait until i see a horse pulling a bus.
You actually call Obama your lord & savior? Dang, I had no idea so many people were that religious!

Old 02-24-2009, 10:10 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,845,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Well, soy una persona negra y no creo que va a terminar con el mundo, pero ahora comprendo mas a los cubanos que salieron de cuba despues de la revolucion. Yo y mi familia hemos trabajado muy duro por lo poco que tenemos, y es un poquito duro ver que el gobierno ha decidido dar nuestro dinero a todo el mundo y porque? Because they want to keep housing prices high so they can collect more taxes? In effect, the government has decided to help people in "need" with their house payments, but for those of us who don't qualify for government help that just means housing costs more. I can't afford to have kids, but uncle sam can take 1/3 or whatever of my salary and pay for S-chip for people who are too good to take their kids to a free clinic? I get to see the value of my savings go down (because it will) because the government wants to give student loans to people to go to private colleges. It is possible to work your way through a state school, you know. I have seen government workers at work, and I can't wait to see a state-controlled banking system and car company. An american "yugo" anyone?

I can kind of see hard times coming, but I'm not sure what to do. BTW I would eat that low-mercury tuna if possible. I still eat organic etc food because I don't want to risk getting cancer and I already have brain damage.

We did make a big pot of beans, though. Okay my husband cooked it, so I guess we are getting ready for the hard times I'm just annoyed that housing prices in my area are high and they just won't seem to come down. It's crazy. Who is still buying these houses?
Yo que tu no me precuparia tanto. Yo se que los politicos siempre tratan que asustarnos cuando las cosas se ponenen dificil en este pais, pero estamos lejos de caller. Habland de frijoles tengo dias de no comer frijoles Y me esta dando hambre. Cuando hablan de taxes estan tratando de cubrir que los taxes no han casi subido en mucho tiempo, es una mentira. Lo que si a subido es todo lo de mas menos sueldos. Espero que pongas atencion los proximo cuatro hanos y veras que aye buenas cosas que salen de los democaratas. Acuerdate de la manera en que te trataron que asustar y fijate lo que pasa y veras que solo son juegos. Que las cosas te vayan bien aunque horita tienes miedo del futuro. Que logres prosperidad.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:31 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,015,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Yo que tu no me precuparia tanto. Yo se que los politicos siempre tratan que asustarnos cuando las cosas se ponenen dificil en este pais, pero estamos lejos de caller. Habland de frijoles tengo dias de no comer frijoles Y me esta dando hambre. Cuando hablan de taxes estan tratando de cubrir que los taxes no han casi subido en mucho tiempo, es una mentira. Lo que si a subido es todo lo de mas menos sueldos. Espero que pongas atencion los proximo cuatro hanos y veras que aye buenas cosas que salen de los democaratas. Acuerdate de la manera en que te trataron que asustar y fijate lo que pasa y veras que solo son juegos. Que las cosas te vayan bien aunque horita tienes miedo del futuro. Que logres prosperidad.
Ah ... And the translation for the rest of us ...

Old 02-24-2009, 11:17 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,395,056 times
She/he said I should take a chill and stop being worried about the economy. Also everything has become more expensive and salaries have stayed the same. I totally agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies