Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 11:11 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,877,204 times

Advertisements

Here's another one, this time from CBSNews.com

CNSNews.com - Homeowners' Rallying Cry: Show Me the Mortgage Paperwork (http://www.cnsnews.com/public/Content/Article.aspx?rsrcid=43718 - broken link)

And from Bloomberg:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aejJZdqodTCM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 11:22 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
Have you ever done harm in business??? I shall balance mine, with good... No one's mortgage should have been diced into a million pieces and sold over-seas... That is a basic wrong THAT they didn't sign up for, weren't told about or given a choice to consider. People with such mortgages ... go and stop the sell now.

Thank you for Your opinion.
You aren't making much sense....What is it to you that the note's were sold and people lost the money invested...that is their issue..to promote something that is in the end not making any difference than people staying longer in their homes living for free and keeping the economy from getting faster...that is our concern.

No one has come forward and stated they had a gun to their head while they signed their mortgage and isn't their a line stating that the person signing the mortgage understood what they signed...and they signed....so use your time for something that really makes sense, than promotting this longer non paying and living as parasites.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:25 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Many thanks to the OP for this public service.

Some very useful info here:
Mortgage Servicing Fraud

and here:
http://msfraud.org/Articles/abuseopportunism.pdf

Despite what some people may think, there have been and continue to be systemic abuses that may penalize even those who are current on their mortgages.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:43 AM

2,051 posts, read 9,335,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
You aren't making much sense....What is it to you that the note's were sold and people lost the money invested...that is their issue..to promote something that is in the end not making any difference than people staying longer in their homes living for free and keeping the economy from getting faster...that is our concern.

No one has come forward and stated they had a gun to their head while they signed their mortgage and isn't their a line stating that the person signing the mortgage understood what they signed...and they signed....so use your time for something that really makes sense, than promotting this longer non paying and living as parasites.
As I said... thank you for your opinion... as well as a fine example of ignorance parading as being "well-informed".

Ignorance as to what I stated... what was NOT told them, meaning... what was NOT on the paper they signed... unless you can prove there was a line stating that their mortgage would be sold to a Wall street Broker? ... that there was a line stating that it would be diced by the likes of you or/and yours? ... that it would then be sold on the Irish Stock market without price included? ... that line? or the line that such instruments would be available only for those participates with DTCC? or is it a million dollar Hedge Fund... :: eyes cold... snickers ::

I'm very much your Huckleberry Sir... Thank you for your opinion on the matter.

You may now talk to the wind or anything else you find worthy. It just won't get a further response from Me.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Many thanks to the OP for this public service.

Some very useful info here:
Mortgage Servicing Fraud

and here:
http://msfraud.org/Articles/abuseopportunism.pdf

Despite what some people may think, there have been and continue to be systemic abuses that may penalize even those who are current on their mortgages.
Thank you so much for the links. People must be assisted regardless of the losses to all economic classes... there is a nation to think about now.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I would not want to be paying my mortgage to some one that did not own it. If I did so I would be out the money I sent in good faith and would likely be held responsible for making up the money that did not go to the legitimate owner. Everyone should check the banker's lien recorded on their deed. I suggest checking with the lawyer that wrote up the initial mortgage.

It is not a matter of withholding payment (I strongly object to the term parasite being applied to the mortgagee. It should be applied to the brokers) it is a matter of being certain the payment goes to the actual owner. Without proper paperwork the possibility of fraud reaches certainty. The idea is to keep everyone honest.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 02-24-2009, 11:55 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
To any who is being foreclosed on... even if your house is being auctioned... go to the county and say "Produce the Note" ... in some cases they can't because for many, the note has been sold on wall street, and therefore legally the sell must be halted.

I am tired of so much misery... of people's misery... so am going to say what I can Legally say... check on this at any consumer network. I can't give a link but anyone knowing about this... please find it for the people and post it in this thread.

It is time for us to help one another...
The "Note" should have been filed at the county courthouse so that if a title search is done on the property it would show up.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-24-2009, 11:59 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
I've heard that this can help in a range of 20%--40% of cases of foreclosure. My question is if they can't produce it and thus can't foreclose, what happens at that point?

Old 02-24-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would not want to be paying my mortgage to some one that did not own it. If I did so I would be out the money I sent in good faith and would likely be held responsible for making up the money that did not go to the legitimate owner. Everyone should check the banker's lien recorded on their deed. I suggest checking with the lawyer that wrote up the initial mortgage.

It is not a matter of withholding payment (I strongly object to the term parasite being applied to the mortgagee. It should be applied to the brokers) it is a matter of being certain the payment goes to the actual owner. Without proper paperwork the possibility of fraud reaches certainty. The idea is to keep everyone honest.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Indeed everyone should if just for the reason you gave Sir. Thank you for your opinion.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:07 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Sorry to disagree but he is doing something that will make a differance and who is the "Parasite" the Owner or the Bank , mortage Co - Lender???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies