Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 02:20 PM

312 posts, read 507,278 times

Advertisements

My name is Jim*. My parents and I
work nights and day (all three of us) because we need to afford the mortgage. and thank God, we paid every month so far.
But, the problems started when NJ raised property taxes. they came to evaluate our house and raised it by $300/month!!! that's waaay above what we can afford!
NOW WHAT???
how dare a government raise the "rent" of a home owner just because he is a home owner??
while some of my jersey neighbors who live in government dubsidized housing don't get their rent rased by 300!!! how is that fair???
so give us advice: should we pay the mortgage, or the tax? which one should it be?
1) if we pay the mortgage but not the extra tax, they'll put a lean on owr house or take it away or whatever
2) if we pay the tax but not the mortgage, they'll bail us out?
what do we do?
* this is a true story not something that happened to me, but I am naarating the story that happened to a friend who used to be my neighbor

Last edited by Marty McFly Jr; 02-24-2009 at 02:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 02:35 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,256 times
While the Godvernment is in big handout mode I would definitely suggest paying the local taxes and waiting for the Annointed One to save you. Just make sure you fall into the target demographic, read democrat, because they are already defining which lucky people are "worthy" of such help.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:42 PM

19,030 posts, read 14,205,095 times
"PRIVATE PROPERTY - As protected from being taken for public uses, is such property as belongs absolutely to an individual, and of which he has the exclusive right of disposition. Property of a specific, fixed and tangible nature, capable of being in possession and transmitted to another, such as houses, lands, and chattels."
- - - Black's Law dictionary, sixth ed., p.1217

"OWNERSHIP - ... Ownership of property is either absolute or qualified. The ownership of property is absolute when a single person has the absolute dominion over it... The ownership is qualified when it is shared with one or more persons, when the time of enjoyment is deferred or limited, or when the use is restricted. "
- - -Black's Law dictionary, sixth ed., p. 1106

"ESTATE - The degree, quantity, nature and extent of interest which a person has in real and personal property. An estate in lands, tenements, and hereditaments signifies such interest as the tenant has therein." - - -Black's Law dictionary, sixth ed., p.547

INTEREST - ...More particularly it means a right to have the advantage of accruing from anything ; any right in the nature of property, but less than title. - - -Black's Law dictionary, sixth ed., p. 812

LAND. ... The land is one thing, and the ESTATE in land is another thing, for an ESTATE in land is a time in land or land for a time.
- - -Black's Law dictionary, sixth ed., p.877

Who told you to register your house and land as REAL ESTATE, held with qualified ownership?
Who wrote up your legal title deed, with the phrase "for one dollar in hand..."?
Why did they bar you from your right to the rules of the common law, pursuant to the 7th amendment?

Now, pay CLOSE ATTENTION.
"... nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."
Fifth Amendment, USCON.

When government condemns your property for failure to pay estate taxes, and sells it for back taxes, it does not pay just compensation. That means your property was NOT private property. Government instituted to secure private property rights (i.e., protect them) cannot destroy them, and still remain within the limits of the constitutional grant of power.

According to documents in the public record, all liens, taxes, restrictions, zoning, regulation, and the like are only applicable to real estate, not private property, which is absolutely owned by individuals.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:52 PM

575 posts, read 3,694,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFly Jr View Post
work nights and day (all three of us) because we need to afford the mortgage. and thank God, we paid every month so far.
Like you should

Quote:
But, the problems started when NJ raised property taxes. they came to evaluate our house and raised it by $300/month!!! that's waaay above what we can afford! NOW WHAT???
Your saying they raised your house property taxes by $3,600 per year??? Is that what your saying? Now it totals $xx.xxx per year.

Quote:
how dare a government raise the "rent" of a home owner just because he is a home owner??
I thought you owned the house, what's the rent for?

Quote:
while some of my jersey neighbors who live in government dubsidized housing don't get their rent rased by 300!!! how is that fair???
Is dubsidized similar to subsidized?

Quote:
so give us advice: should we pay the mortgage, or the tax? which one should it be?
1) if we pay the mortgage but not the extra tax, they'll put a lean on owr house or take it away or whatever
what do we do?
Sell the house and get the hell out of there in the meantime pay the damn bills. Don't count on any bailout.. lol... the nerve of certain people.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:12 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chick View Post
Like you should

Your saying they raised your house property taxes by $3,600 per year??? Is that what your saying? Now it totals $xx.xxx per year.

I thought you owned the house, what's the rent for?

Is dubsidized similar to subsidized?

Sell the house and get the hell out of there in the meantime pay the damn bills. Don't count on any bailout.. lol... the nerve of certain people.
I can believe property taxes going up so high so fast. I don't live in NJ, but in my state the damn county assessor for one specific county regularily raises everyones property taxes. The rates are higher then in most states. It is an incredible burdan.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFly Jr View Post
But, the problems started when NJ raised property taxes. they came to evaluate our house and raised it by $300/month!!! that's waaay above what we can afford!
NOW WHAT???
what do we do?
* this is a true story not something that happened to me, but I am naarating the story that happened to a friend who used to be my neighbor
To paraphrase our very own Vpotus Joe Biden paying taxes is your patriotic duty (although politicians tend to be exempt).

I would advise your friend to put his house on the market and hope for a quick sale. In the meantime, is he able to dispute the assesment of his property? Sometimes that works to bring the tax rate down to a more managable level.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
While the Godvernment is in big handout mode I would definitely suggest paying the local taxes and waiting for the Annointed One to save you. Just make sure you fall into the target demographic, read democrat, because they are already defining which lucky people are "worthy" of such help.
seriously

Old 02-24-2009, 03:17 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I can believe property taxes going up so high so fast. I don't live in NJ, but in my state the damn county assessor for one specific county regularily raises everyones property taxes. The rates are higher then in most states. It is an incredible burdan.
I have warned people this for some time... when times were good, everyone was like "Yeah, spend more money!" that's when property values were overpriced and hence property taxes were higher and the county used that revenue right away without "thinking" about it... times are bad, property values go down but what the county spends every month was already set higher... they can't pay for what they overspent and what are they going to do? Cut spending or raise your property tax... guess what... they are going to do both... I posted this about a year ago... most laughed it off (mostly liberals)... they aren't laughing now... but they are demanding that "other" people pay for it (or more likely, pay for them)...

Old 02-24-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
"PRIVATE PROPERTY - As protected from being taken for public uses, is such property as belongs absolutely to an individual, and of which he has the exclusive right of disposition. Property of a specific, fixed and tangible nature, capable of being in possession and transmitted to another, such as houses, lands, and chattels."
- - - Black's Law dictionary, sixth ed., p.1217

"OWNERSHIP - ... Ownership of property is either absolute or qualified. The ownership of property is absolute when a single person has the absolute dominion over it... The ownership is qualified when it is shared with one or more persons, when the time of enjoyment is deferred or limited, or when the use is restricted. "
- - -Black's Law dictionary, sixth ed., p. 1106

"ESTATE - The degree, quantity, nature and extent of interest which a person has in real and personal property. An estate in lands, tenements, and hereditaments signifies such interest as the tenant has therein." - - -Black's Law dictionary, sixth ed., p.547

INTEREST - ...More particularly it means a right to have the advantage of accruing from anything ; any right in the nature of property, but less than title. - - -Black's Law dictionary, sixth ed., p. 812

LAND. ... The land is one thing, and the ESTATE in land is another thing, for an ESTATE in land is a time in land or land for a time.
- - -Black's Law dictionary, sixth ed., p.877

Who told you to register your house and land as REAL ESTATE, held with qualified ownership?
Who wrote up your legal title deed, with the phrase "for one dollar in hand..."?
Why did they bar you from your right to the rules of the common law, pursuant to the 7th amendment?

Now, pay CLOSE ATTENTION.
"... nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."
Fifth Amendment, USCON.

When government condemns your property for failure to pay estate taxes, and sells it for back taxes, it does not pay just compensation. That means your property was NOT private property. Government instituted to secure private property rights (i.e., protect them) cannot destroy them, and still remain within the limits of the constitutional grant of power.

According to documents in the public record, all liens, taxes, restrictions, zoning, regulation, and the like are only applicable to real estate, not private property, which is absolutely owned by individuals.

Hope this helps.
wait a minute. if what you say is true, that means they can refuse to pay the extra taxes?
won't they go to jail or have their house taken away? thats good news.. I'll tell them to ask the broker (whould the broker know weather its realestat or home?

Old 02-24-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I have warned people this for some time... when times were good, everyone was like "Yeah, spend more money!" that's when property values were overpriced and hence property taxes were higher and the county used that revenue right away without "thinking" about it... times are bad, property values go down but what the county spends every month was already set higher... they can't pay for what they overspent and what are they going to do? Cut spending or raise your property tax... guess what... they are going to do both... I posted this about a year ago... most laughed it off (mostly liberals)... they aren't laughing now... but they are demanding that "other" people pay for it (or more likely, pay for them)...
Absolutely -- government budgets go up, they never go down.
Plus in my state the one county is doing a significant amount of the funding for the rest of the state. We have a lot of stories of the elderly taxed out of their homes - homes they lived in for 40 years and owned outright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies