Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 03:34 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times

Advertisements

does anyone have anything important to talk about? anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 06:13 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,441,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
You all were quite chatty about Palin and Cindy's clothes, purses, shoes!

Old 02-26-2009, 10:41 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,370,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. It amazes me that I'll watch the gloom and doom on the news; go to my mommy and me groups and listen to the latest on who got laid off, who lost their home, car - how so and so's sister had to close her business and then come here and the hot topic that's pressing on everyone's mind is Michelle Obama getting freebies. I guess all the people who post here aren't affected by the nations economic situation - or maybe they're just tired of talking about it - so they focus on other items.

Oh is there some reason that one poster spelled Michelle "Meechelle"? Is that like some inside joke I missed?

Old 05-15-2009, 12:05 PM

71 posts, read 209,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
And not too much of a stretch to ASSume either, with the way Obama filled his cabinet with tax cheats, the shady way he and Meechelle bought their Chicago home at below market rates, etc, etc.

By the way, talking about about ASSuming, how does Meechelle get her big ASSume in those dresses anyway?

Think clearly! if she were equipped with that stale pancake shaped ... umm thing reffered to as a nice butt imagine
what would she look like?
Yeah.... not a good look, that's why those dingies covet ass implants so much , so that theyu can look like women!

Old 05-15-2009, 12:06 PM

71 posts, read 209,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I was wondering the same thing. It amazes me that I'll watch the gloom and doom on the news; go to my mommy and me groups and listen to the latest on who got laid off, who lost their home, car - how so and so's sister had to close her business and then come here and the hot topic that's pressing on everyone's mind is Michelle Obama getting freebies. I guess all the people who post here aren't affected by the nations economic situation - or maybe they're just tired of talking about it - so they focus on other items.

Oh is there some reason that one poster spelled Michelle "Meechelle"? Is that like some inside joke I missed?

umm ... wild guess,gubment school education??

Old 05-15-2009, 12:14 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
can you say Nancy Reagan and her dresses.
How about the dishware she tried to take home.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:21 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,010,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
The clothes are free and she still looks trashy. Sad.

Isn't this against the law? The clothes are taxable items.
BringTheContent
You can say that about almost everyone who looks like her too.

you can not like a person's style choices but no matter what your view she looks far from trashy. to bring on who are you refering when you say almost everyone that looks like her? she have a bunch of twins running around the country?
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Old 05-15-2009, 12:28 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
is that what you guys worry about? the swag people get?

wow. must be nice if thats a major concern of yours...
Why not Palins clothes was a pressing issue for democrats. I dont know how many times I heard democrats insulting her over clothes

Old 05-15-2009, 12:29 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
You all were quite chatty about Palin and Cindy's clothes, purses, shoes!
Thank you exactly my point also

Old 05-15-2009, 12:31 PM

749 posts, read 946,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Michelle Obama Accepting Fashion Freebies

For years, the press excoriated Nancy Reagan for borrowing clothes and jewelry from designers. Yet Michelle Obama has been doing the same thing � without any outcry from the media.

Accountants say that the first lady�s practice of borrowing both clothes and jewelry raises major tax and disclosure issues, not to mention ethical questions.

�The transactions are clearly taxable,� says Richard Rampell, a Palm Beach, Fla., accountant whose clients include several of the island�s billionaires. �The designers are indirectly paying Michelle Obama to go and display their wares. And they get a huge economic value for it, just as if they were paying a model to do this. If they are paying her in this indirect way by lending her their clothes, then she is actually performing a service for the designer, and she should have to recognize as income whatever the value is of the clothes that she got.�

Aside from the tax implications, Obama is obligated to report the value of the clothes she has received free of charge on government forms mandated by the Ethics in Government Act.

Newsmax.com - Michelle Obama Accepting Fashion Freebies (http://www.newsmax.com/kessler/michelle_obama_fashion/2009/02/23/184613.html - broken link)

The only difference is that Michelle does not intend to give them back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies