Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 09:00 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,044,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
All this arguement the dog is your property so you can shoot anybody who touches it. If somebody went up and pushed your house would you run up and get a shotgun and blow em away? If somebody took a dump on your lawn would you slap a clip into your AK? Hell dogs crap all over peoples yards. Does that give me the right to pull out my gat and unload? According to some here it sure does.
The castle doctrine is valid in quite a few states - and some do feel it goes a bit far in the amount of force that can be used... The guy in Texas who shot some burglars as they were fleeing comes to mind, don't recall that case in detail, however...

Old 11-03-2011, 09:27 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
this happened just yesterday.

Dog shot outside Oak Run home
An Oak Run couple called 911 early Monday morning cq after someone drove up to their home, shot their dog and drove off.
“She hollers at me, ‘They just shot Dusty,’ our dog,” he said.
The shot killed Dusty, he said.
The white pickup drove off. Johnston’s wife called 911 while he jumped in his car to follow the pickup by following the dust trail, but he lost the vehicle.
If the shooter had missed Dusty, born on Christmas Eve two years ago, the bullet would have entered Johnston’s trailer where his nephew was sleeping.
He said he thinks the truck is owned by a local resident, which means catching the shooter is more likely. He said he hasn’t had any problems with his neighbors, but his dogs, including Dusty, occasionally get out.

It's stupid to take one's anger out on an animal, ifyou have a beef with the owner. I hope they catch up with this sicko. I'd probably be shooting at the getaway car. Some people just do this kind of thing for a twisted sort of fun.
North State in Brief: Nov. 2, 2011 » Redding Record Searchlight

Old 11-03-2011, 11:18 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,918 times
Would depend upon the details of the situation. Inside my home? or someone coming over my back fence, gate locked, and threatening to kill my pet? Sure! Anyone that kills a pet, unprovoked is a person ready to, or headed towards killing humans.
Plus, breaking onto my property is a threat, all of its own.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six, if need be.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:27 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,101 times
I don't know if I could actually kill anyone but if someone laid a hand on one of my monsters I would definetely try and hurt them at the very least. It's the very least I could do for four animals who have given me so much more than I could ever possibly give them. And I am pretty sure that at least two of my dogs would kill for me if someone attacked me. The other dog and the cat? No so much.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:52 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,379,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
In Texas, we can use lethal force to protect property.
Sure, but in Texas you can also shoot a man for smiling at your sheep.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
An interesting story of loyalty on both sides.
Soldier's Adopted Dog Still Struggles to Leave Iraq: Pet News

Old 11-03-2011, 11:56 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
this happened just yesterday.

Dog shot outside Oak Run home
An Oak Run couple called 911 early Monday morning cq after someone drove up to their home, shot their dog and drove off.
“She hollers at me, ‘They just shot Dusty,’ our dog,” he said.
The shot killed Dusty, he said.
The white pickup drove off. Johnston’s wife called 911 while he jumped in his car to follow the pickup by following the dust trail, but he lost the vehicle.
If the shooter had missed Dusty, born on Christmas Eve two years ago, the bullet would have entered Johnston’s trailer where his nephew was sleeping.
He said he thinks the truck is owned by a local resident, which means catching the shooter is more likely. He said he hasn’t had any problems with his neighbors, but his dogs, including Dusty, occasionally get out.

It's stupid to take one's anger out on an animal, ifyou have a beef with the owner. I hope they catch up with this sicko. I'd probably be shooting at the getaway car. Some people just do this kind of thing for a twisted sort of fun.
North State in Brief: Nov. 2, 2011 » Redding Record Searchlight
I guess I was wrong. There must be folks who run around and just shoot dogs for no reason. Maybe the shooter was a mailman??

Old 11-04-2011, 12:09 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,736 times
Easily you have to take a stand if not then who knows what that person would do next?

The question isn't whether I'd protect what's mine family, pets or property. The question that needs to be asked is for the criminal on the other end, and that question is:

Is anything here worth dying for ? If you believe so, then go for it.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:17 AM

488 posts, read 554,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
In Texas, we can use lethal force to protect property.
That's not completely true. There are specific conditions that must exist before you can justifiably use deadly force in the protection of your property.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:23 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,736 times
I'm pretty sure that when confronted by a violent, irrational individual issuing threats of violence and/or attempting it you are free to defend yourself and your property in all 50 states.

What would be his excuse to kill or hurt you or your pets?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies