Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2011, 08:55 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times

Advertisements

Long time ago, in my younger days, I had a roomate who liked me, and I thwarted his advances. One day I came home from work, to be told my cat was at the vets. It had gotten into the yard next door with the 2 malamutes, who had torn my cat to pieces. After a lot of money and sutures that wouldn't stay closed, I finally euthanized my cat.
Upon reflection, I am sure that roomate tossed my cat into that yard. He ended up raping me. He could be very nice, until he had a few drinks, then he was a completely different person.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:13 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,991,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
I just read a post by somebody who says he could.

I love my cat dearly. I have spent money on her. I would probably spend a lot of money on her if I had to. I understand how people love their pets dearly. I understand how people humanize their pets.

But she is an animal.

A person is a human being.

No animal is worth the life of a human being.

I wonder if there is case law on this. The only place I could imagine something like this being allowed is California or Massachusetts.
I could and would in a heartbeat...

Old 11-04-2011, 11:28 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,380,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Long time ago, in my younger days, I had a roomate who liked me, and I thwarted his advances. One day I came home from work, to be told my cat was at the vets. It had gotten into the yard next door with the 2 malamutes, who had torn my cat to pieces. After a lot of money and sutures that wouldn't stay closed, I finally euthanized my cat.
Upon reflection, I am sure that roomate tossed my cat into that yard. He ended up raping me. He could be very nice, until he had a few drinks, then he was a completely different person.
In psychiatry we find a strong correlation between animal abuse and violent crimes, especially rape. The theoretical, but logical connection, is that the mentally ill individual finds power and enjoyment over dominating or torturing a victim that cannot defend themselves. Many animals and some women share a commonality of being unable to fend off an attacker.

As a healthcare professional I feel some pain that you were forced to endure such atrocities. However, your courage in posting your experience may alert others to increased potential risks to humans when confronting the behavior of animal abusers.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:14 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,355 times
Default people are animals.

humans ARE animals called homo sapiens, a type of primate.

I love my cat and dog MORE than MANY if not MOST people that i've met in my life thus far.

I don't understand why human life (one type of animal) is ALWAYS more valuable than the life of good loving pets who are also living animals.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:09 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
If somebody was about to kill my dog,
I'd prolly react like this guy.
US: Man Saves Dog From Jaws Of Shark In Florida

Old 11-05-2011, 03:01 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
"The more people I meet, the more I love my dog."

Seriously, I think most animals ARE more worthy of life than humans... some people really suck, yet I've never met a truly "bad" animal. Although I must admit, my Persian cat can be a total jerk sometimes - and I have the scars to prove it. But my dog is a loyal companion and protector, so I'd do my best to protect him (and my other pets) if needed. I pity anyone who'd try to lay their hands on Rudy, and that's no joke.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:02 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
If somebody was about to kill my dog,
I'd prolly react like this guy.
US: Man Saves Dog From Jaws Of Shark In Florida
what a hero.

my dog is a little heartbeat at my feet, and i could only hope that i would be that brave.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:34 AM

766 posts, read 1,395,350 times
I'm not about to read all 31 pgs of responses. There are too many variables possible, but I am fed-up with people who think a humans life supercedes a pets life. WHY?

If a dog proceeds to attack somebody unprovoked, then that person has a right to DEFEND themselves. Just as.... if a HUMAN attempted to attack me unprovoked, I have a right to DEFEND myself.

For those here that believe nobody would ever ever kill another person's pet out of spite or just for pure pleasure.... you are living in some delusional bubble.

Yes.... there are packs of feral dogs that are dangerous. I believe the human forms of ghetto gangbangers also fall into this category.

If a dog proceeds to attack you because you PROVOKED IT.... well..... you deserve what you get! Just as.... if a HUMAN tried to attack me because I was being a complete and total jerk-off to the person, there's a good chance I deserved (was asking for) that attack!

Do you have any idea how many people consider their pets FAMILY. I got news for ya... you try to attack my parents, children, family UNPROVOKED.... you can bet your sweet arse, I'm going to fight you! Why should my pets be exempt from this?

You want to argue that a human life is ABOVE AND BEYOND a pets life? Really?????

My neighbor did 2 rounds in Prison (not jail)....for MOLESTING HIS OWN DAUGHTER..... 2 rounds in prison. I've also witnessed him snooping around in neighbor's garages for items of interest to him. I could write an entire chapter on the crap he's subjected me to (and this doesn't even count what he's done to the neighbors). This guy is in his 60's. This guy has absolutely no regard for other human's or other people's property. Once he even told me a story that happened 20+ yrs ago. His dog got pregnant, so he drowned the pups in the creek.

Explain to me WHY this guy's life is more valuable than my pet's life? I assure you, he tries to harm my dogs, and he WILL BE HARMED when I'm finished with him!!!!! He may be a "human" but he's truly a scum sucking parasite, and the value of my pets lives will always be ABOVE AND BEYOND his!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by springazure; 11-05-2011 at 04:46 AM..

Old 11-05-2011, 04:37 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
It's very rare that a 2.5 year old thread in the Politics and Other Controversies forum is resurrected.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:08 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Dogs snuck into the cave way back and figured that the humans were so good at getting food that there just hand to be a life time of scraps around to feed on...so the clever beasts continued to hang out..to this day - Yes dogs are cute - and yes they like to be petted...and patted..cos it feels good . For the most part they are paraisitic - unless they provide security in the form of protection or they assist in the hunt for food...They are NOT part of your family - your wife -kids - husband and extended family are your family...

Nothing more preturbing to a lonely old an like me to see an elegable female coddling a little dog as if it was a baby - Her immediate emotional needs are met and there is no need for me. Call me jealous...call me cruel...but woman or men who use an animal as a surrogate partner are wacko...How come I can't be loved by a woman they way they love their dog? My estranged and sort of X-wife has this real clever Jack Rusell...It is cute and entertaining...but it was breed for pest control - It kills anything that moves - For it's size it is totally deadly. BUT the old wife if it came down to it would toss me in the river and keep the dog....I just wonder if she realizes if she dropped dead and lay on the floor for days...that the dog would eat her - starting with the most tender parts. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies