Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: IS IT???
YES 63 60.58%
NO 17 16.35%
Only if he's a Republican 8 7.69%
Only if he's a Democrat 0 0%
Only if he's George Bush 5 4.81%
Only if he's Barack Obama 7 6.73%
Only if he is in office 2 1.92%
Only if he is out of office 1 0.96%
Only if he is living 1 0.96%
Only if he is dead 0 0%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 10:40 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,999,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
You're from Wasilla.
And where are you from? The most insane city in the nation? I spent most of 2007 living in San Jose so I know what I'm talking about.

Michael Boskin Says Barack Obama Is Moving Us Toward a European-Style Social Welfare State and Long-Run Economic Stagnation - WSJ.com

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123629969453946717.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 10:51 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,395,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
All of your post indicate you are movingbackwards.... rapidly..
There is no cure for ignorance ...
Yes there is. It's called "learning." It's more difficult for some than it is for others, though.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:52 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
only if you are really fat, wear all black and slick your balding hair straight back.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:55 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,999,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
only if you are really fat, wear all black and slick your balding hair straight back.
Belittling his appearance doesn't make him any less correct. Obama is going to spend this nation into oblivion to implement policy proposals that have been proven time, time, and time-again to be complete failures. Doesn't anyone bother to look at historical precedent or realize what this idiot is trying to do to this nation? He's trying to do to the entire United States what's been done to California. The People's Republik of Kalifornia is a prime example of just what an utter failure contemporay "progressive" group-think is.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Well I hope you get the same respect in your life as you give to others
I am old fashioned ...I believe a person has to EARN respect . I do not bow down and worship or respect anyone just because they have a title like you repubs did with bushy.

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 03-05-2009 at 11:30 PM..

Old 03-05-2009, 11:29 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanbean View Post
Who?!Me?! - Woah!!! Calm down. You need to shut your face. Period. I'm leaving to find a group of Republicans who actually see the good in President Bush, unlike you who constantly feel the need to bash and tear at a great President. He did what he felt was right, what the majority of the American people wanted. Don't bash him on the war - go yell at Congress, you idiot. They were the ones who said, "Go ahead."
Please do leave and find some more people who love to ignore facts and hate this country...you'll be very comfortable there.

I "feel the need" to say anything I want about the president because I live in the United States where free speech is stil just that! I consider it my patriotic duty to yell and holler about how my EMPLOYEE behaves!

Notice how I said EMPLOYEE....that's what the president is....not a dictator(although georgie said he'd like to be), not a god to worship, bow down to, and never find fault with like you do.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:49 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,208,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Your value as a US citizen is no higher/lower than theirs.
Never said it was, just saying he's not exactly unbiased. Palin was the mayor of his city and the governor of his state after all. I imagine there might be some hard feelings about the loss.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
I've lived in San Francisco for eight months. How long have you lived in Wasilla? I'm just pointing out that your feelings for Obama may not be normal ill feelings that a Republican might feel for a Democratic president. Rather, your mayor then governor was almost in the White House and lost and if you supported her then you're bound to be more sore about it than some.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:55 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
Never said it was, just saying he's not exactly unbiased. Palin was the mayor of his city and the governor of his state after all. I imagine there might be some hard feelings about the loss.
And left them with millions in debt and interest.... why couldn't they be mad at her?
The point is the location is irrelevant unless you feel superior. Every human has an ability to think for themselves.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
And left them with millions in debt and interest.... why couldn't they be mad at her?
The point is the location is irrelevant unless you feel superior. Every human has an ability to think for themselves.
Well, since he was bashing Obama, I'm pretty secure in saying that he is probably a Palin fan. This thread is about whether it's okay to insult the president so he launches into a tirade against Obama. Whatever, I just think that if he's a Republican and he's from Wasilla, he is much more likely than the rest of the Republicans on here to harbor strong feelings of anger and resentment toward Obama. I definitely do not feel superior about my location in the slightest but if someone is from Crawford, Texas and is extolling the virtues of Bush while slamming Obama or the "liberal media" (), generally I'm going to roll my eyes and not be a tiny bit surprised that that's where the poster is from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies