Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 12:44 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,707,118 times

Advertisements

...in downtown Greenville. This is pretty exciting as a nationwide grassroots uprising is saying, "Enough is enough." Scroll down to see date and time. I wish I could make it.

P.S. make sure to watch the video clip, it gets me fired up every time.

I am with Rick. Are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 12:47 PM

92 posts, read 314,149 times
Thanks for the link...we'll be there!

Old 02-26-2009, 12:48 PM

915 posts, read 2,422,310 times
Yeah, but I just heard Obama say that there was not a single earmark in the stimulus? I'm confused, because I thought everything on TV was the truth, including the fact that home prices were falling everywhere in the US.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:46 PM

161 posts, read 416,212 times
I hope Lindsey Graham shows up at this (along with the rest of ultra-conservative cry-babies in this state), so we can use their tears to help combat the ongoing drought. Any excess water can then be mopped up with the stimulus money they don't want to accept.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:02 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,765,782 times
Protesting a bill that's already passed. Yeah, that's real smart. The same guy who is for widening Woodruff Road and adding sidewalks is going to protest a stimulus package that improves infrastructure like that. Contradicts itself don't it? Oh and why are the republicans complaining over this when they have spent just as much on Iraq? Maybe I should hold a counter protest. Just remember who lost the election and why.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Protesting a bill that's already passed. Yeah, that's real smart. The same guy who is for widening Woodruff Road and adding sidewalks is going to protest a stimulus package that improves infrastructure like that. Contradicts itself don't it? Oh and why are the republicans complaining over this when they have spent just as much on Iraq? Maybe I should hold a counter protest. Just remember who lost the election and why.
Oh come on now, logic has no place in this debate.

What was it that Obama said on Tuesday about not governing out of hate?

Last edited by The Drizzle; 02-26-2009 at 02:32 PM..

Old 02-26-2009, 03:07 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,963,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drizzle View Post
Oh come on now, logic has no place in this debate.

What was it that Obama said on Tuesday about not governing out of hate?
Wow, liberals have no right to talk about hate. What a nasty hate filled bunch I have never seen. The last eight years was full of nothing but hate. Funny how Dems are talking about how we all have to come together. Where has that idea been hiding?

Old 02-26-2009, 03:57 PM

92 posts, read 314,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
Wow, liberals have no right to talk about hate. What a nasty hate filled bunch I have never seen. The last eight years was full of nothing but hate. Funny how Dems are talking about how we all have to come together. Where has that idea been hiding?

Not only that but using fear to push your agenda...Bush was accused of this can't even begin to count how many times, but according to Obama DISASTER is so IMMINENT there's no time to even fully educate yourself on what is in the package.

And how is this supposed to stimulate the economy? $1.8 million shepherded through to Ames, Iowa (Iowa State University) by Senator Tom Harkin of Iowa to study swine odor and manure management.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:10 PM

Sonrise, wasn't it you that was making a big deal about a thread on this board about Obama and how this board isn't for discussing politics? I may be wrong here but I thought I saw that awhile back.

How many people on here (on both sides) have actually read through the ARRA (I have a copy if you would like to read it)? Granted I haven't read all of it (just the parts that relate to my job for right now) but I'm educating myself on it. Sure, there are parts of the Act that I disagree with but by sitting there and saying "Look at all this pork" when both Parties are guilty of earmarks in the past is just, well...being a cry baby. Oh, and about using fear to push an agenda...I don't think anyone has found those pesky WMDs in Iraq yet, have they?

Old 02-26-2009, 05:17 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,707,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drizzle View Post
Sonrise, wasn't it you that was making a big deal about a thread on this board about Obama and how this board isn't for discussing politics? I may be wrong here but I thought I saw that awhile back.

How many people on here (on both sides) have actually read through the ARRA (I have a copy if you would like to read it)? Granted I haven't read all of it (just the parts that relate to my job for right now) but I'm educating myself on it. Sure, there are parts of the Act that I disagree with but by sitting there and saying "Look at all this pork" when both Parties are guilty of earmarks in the past is just, well...being a cry baby. Oh, and about using fear to push an agenda...I don't think anyone has found those pesky WMDs in Iraq yet, have they?
This is about a rally specific to Greenville. If you or anyone else can't control their emotions, well, what can I tell ya? What the heck does wmd have to do with what's going on tomorrow? Focus, young Jedi, focus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies