Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 03:51 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,035,296 times

Advertisements

[quote=Eeeee22895;7644420]George W. Bush was outstanding. Only a few things keep him from being a top-4 president, and ironically, those things involved partnering with Democrats.

Great achievements:
1) Got us out of two recessions through tax cuts for those who pay taxes.

I thought I was pretty good at sarcasm, but even I can't top that one.

2) Got us through 9-11

Yes, the reading of "The Pet Goat" calmed my concerns.

3) Protected America from terrorist attacks after 9-11, probably the most dangerous period in history.

Protecting someone from the absence of something isn't exactly what I would describe as a great feat.

4) Nominated outstanding supreme court and lower court justices and judges

Harriet Miers????

5) Turned a dictatorship in Iran into a free Democratic partner.

Turned a dictatorship in Iran(sic) into a fee Democratic(sic) partner. Somethings are best left untouched.

6) Honored human life at every turn

That must have been when he was turning Iraq into a free democratic partner with Iran.

7) Helped us enjoy the highest stock market and lowest unemployment in history until the Democrat Congress wrecked both.

Just shakes his head in embarrassment for the author

8) Brought honor, decency, and morality back to the White House

Scooter Libby? Justice Department? Torture????

9) Brought a great religious influence to the presidency.

Huh?

10) Restored the mililtary and Intel.

Highest rate of suicides, Walther Reade, stop-loss, and where again is bin Laden (dead or alive)?

11) Gained the respect of the world for not tolerating attacks and being loyal to allies. Got Libya, Syria, and N. Korea to fall into line through strength.

12) Tried 12 times to get Democrats in charge of Fannie Mae to reform. Had they listened, today's financial crisis would have been averted.

Mistakes which keep him from the highest orbit (Washington, Lincoln, Reagan)
1) Went along with the Democrat bailout last fall

Ah, dude the bailout was his idea.

2) Went along with the Democrats on massive spending on education and prescription drugs. Should have resisted Democrats' wishes and cut domestic spending.

No Child Left Behind, was his idea.

3) Went along with the Democrats on amnesty for illegals.

"Bottom line,"

After 8 years of W we hit the bottom line and went clear through it.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:54 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Wow! I didn't even know he turned Iran into a partner.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:03 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
George W. Bush was outstanding. Only a few things keep him from being a top-4 president, and ironically, those things involved partnering with Democrats.

Great achievements:
2) Got us through 9-11
3) Protected America from terrorist attacks after 9-11, probably the most dangerous period in history.
7) Helped us enjoy the highest stock market and lowest unemployment in history until the Democrat Congress wrecked both.
11) Gained the respect of the world for not tolerating attacks and being loyal to allies. Got Libya, Syria, and N. Korea to fall into line through strength.
12) Tried 12 times to get Democrats in charge of Fannie Mae to reform. Had they listened, today's financial crisis would have been averted.

2) Went along with the Democrats on massive spending on education and prescription drugs. Should have resisted Democrats' wishes and cut domestic spending.

Bottom line, Bush stood by his principles and kept his promises. Unlike with Clinton and Obama, you never had to parse his words, cut through the lawyerese, and wade through the contrived actions designed to mislead the public. He was confident and strong, and positively a top 10 president. Kids grew up wanting to be president again. It helped make up for a lost generation who grew up with Clinton's philandering and weak military action.
Oh. My. God.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:07 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
The only good thing that W. did while he was in office was to stay alive and spare us the nightmare of a Cheney presidency.
I have to agree, with Cheney, we would have likely nuked Iran already. I imagine Cheney would have gone along for the ride...

YouTube - Major Kong Rides the Bomb

Old 02-26-2009, 04:19 PM

18,126 posts, read 25,269,498 times
Quote:
You are gonna have to explain this one

Old 02-26-2009, 04:29 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,592,281 times
I don't know about Bush being a great President, but he's certainly one of the greatest magicians since Houdini if he could get anyone to believe anything on that list.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:42 PM

18,126 posts, read 25,269,498 times
Ok, Ok,
Here's one that I have to say that George Bush is clearly the best.

Inventing new words
Misunderestimate, the decider, hispanically, subliminable, unceptable, internets, new-cue-ler, and many others.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:56 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,113 times
On another note, the moon could have been a great cheese. It fell just short only because it's made of dirt and rock.

This is fun! Let's do some more.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:06 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,139,412 times
Quote:
George W. Bush was outstanding. Only a few things keep him from being a top-4 president, and ironically, those things involved partnering with Democrats.

Great achievements:
2) Got us through 9-11

Bottom line, Bush stood by his principles and kept his promises. Unlike with Clinton and Obama, you never had to parse his words, cut through the lawyerese, and wade through the contrived actions designed to mislead the public. He was confident and strong, and positively a top 10 president. Kids grew up wanting to be president again. It helped make up for a lost generation who grew up with Clinton's philandering and weak military action.
The only thing that kept him from being a great president is that he doesn't live in "BIZARRO WORLD" as Jerry Seinfeld might say!

Old 02-26-2009, 06:11 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,113 times
I could have made it to the big leagues and been a Hall of Famer. The only thing that held me back was my inability to hit the ball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies