Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2009, 07:10 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbershewolf View Post
I look at it this way, How much more damage can he do??
We have already lost most our inalienable rights. there is now true freedom anymore. this counrty is nothing like what it used to be. we are slaves to the man and will always be instead of the other way around.. The PEOPLE have never really been in control, and we never will be.
When the "people" are in control you get Obama. The "people" being in control is -OVERRATED! The "people" have climbed onto the Moron Express. The "people" are a lightening bug in a jar!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 07:12 PM

37,184 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Your kidding right? Do you really think that Katie was asking out of curiosity?

It was a baited question. No matter how she answered Couric would have used it against her.

You seriously didn't see the interviewers like Gibson and Couric treat her different than anyother candidate? Really? you saw no difference????
Here is the link to the portion of the interview with the question in question.

If you would like, I can resurrect the entire interview and we can show the folks at home how "hard" Katie was on her. If you recall, Huckabee said in an interview a couple of weeks ago that Couric took it really easy on Sarah.

No, of course they didn't. Gibson asked real questions, and it was obvious that he didn't expect much in the way of reply. That was good. He got exactly what he expected.

Couric, however, tossed some of the easiest questions I have ever heard in a political interview. With someone smarter, Katie might have asked real questions, too.

Palin's news video

Old 02-28-2009, 07:17 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
And you would prefer the world of Mad Max?

Old 02-28-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Would you suggest that we educate ourselves by reading the Tim LaHaye book series about the "end times"? Have you read any of those books?
I get my guidance from the Bible itself. The LaHayes/Jenkins Left Behind series are fictional account of the end times and based upon the book of Revelations. The Left Behind series make for good fictional reading but are not meant to be taken literally. By the way, I do not believe that Obama is the antichrist but I do have concerns about some of the policies. I'll just take a wait and see approach and give him the benefit of the doubt because he's only been in office less than two months.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Do you mean to say, that President Obama is NOT the messiah that the republican party thought or said he was? if not, then all of those accusations that Obama is NOT a legal US Citizen, that he's an arab terrorist, a usuper and all of the other things people said he was, IS FALSE? OMG!
Although I have some concerns about him being a Muslim, I have never accused him of not being a US Citizen, Arab terroist or any of the other ridiculus claims that some on the right have made about him. If Obama turns out to be a successful president, then great! His successes will be our successes as a nation. I wish him the best but he is open to criticism just as GWB and other past presidents were.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:49 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,577,844 times
Quote:
We have already lost most our inalienable rights. there is now true freedom anymore. this counrty is nothing like what it used to be. we are slaves to the man and will always be instead of the other way around.. The PEOPLE have never really been in control, and we never will be.
Garenteed if you keep thinking that way, Now we have to demand those rights or theyb are free for the taking. But first you need to know what they are ( go back and read some of my post ) One simple example is, You have an inalienable right to travel unencumbered ( Unrestricted ) meaning that you don't need a drivers license , or a registration for your private conveyance vehicles . Millions of people belive that they do because they are not informed as to what there rights are . Do you still accept that the government can force you to contract for these services???> Those that challenge it find out they (the Government ) can not. I don't and haven't for over 6 yrs. now . No license !, No registration on my truck or trailer! . Why you ask ? Because I know what my rights are and I demand them from "MY GOVERNMENT " Have case law to prove this . ( It's also yours but you don't care what they do ) . You are only a slave if you allow it to be that way , some of us are making changes rather then wait for someone else to do it for us. Want freedom then take it , don't wait for it to be given on a silver platter.

Last edited by Fighter 1; 02-28-2009 at 09:02 PM..

Old 02-28-2009, 09:15 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,577,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
When the "people" are in control you get Obama. The "people" being in control is -OVERRATED! The "people" have climbed onto the Moron Express. The "people" are a lightening bug in a jar!
The "People "were not in control of the last election. they just picked the lessor off the 2 evils . When the "People " do get in control you will see big changes in House , Senate, House of Reps. In private industry when you don't do your job you get someone who will . when we Americans get that point across to them and only then will control change over to the "People"/. Except for those few that are tired of the system and have learned to work within all their game playing and are surviving.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:28 PM

37,184 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
The "People "were not in control of the last election. they just picked the lessor off the 2 evils . When the "People " do get in control you will see big changes in House , Senate, House of Reps. In private industry when you don't do your job you get someone who will . when we Americans get that point across to them and only then will control change over to the "People"/. Except for those few that are tired of the system and have learned to work within all their game playing and are surviving.
"The People", as you so quaintly put it, turned out in record numbers to vote FOR President Obama and other democrats by a hefty majority. I got to the polls thirty minutes before they opened and had over 200 people in line in front of me. It took nearly two hours to vote, and I would still be there waiting if the line hadn't moved. Those around me that I heard talking felt the same way. We, The People, were sick and tired of being used and abused and wanted change, and McCain did not represent change in any form after eight years of supporting over 90% of Dubya's BS. Also, the thought of Palin the Twit anywhere near the White House was incentive enough for a LOT of people to vote who had never considered doing so before.

If by "The People" you mean the same bunch who screwed America to the wall between 2001 and 2008, they will never regain anything until they learn that America has moved on beyond fearmongering and racism.

In other words and in simple English, that means that republicans will never win anything again unless they start to look a lot more like democrats or until the memories of the Bush years fade with the death of most of the people who experienced them.

But keep on dreaming. Like in "South Pacific", "You gotta have a dream...".

Old 03-01-2009, 09:17 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,949 times
Quote:
Read up on Stalin's purges; read on Nazi Germany and the Holocaust. Things can always be worst.

(Sigh-before people start jumping on me, no, I'm not calling Obama Stalin or Hitler. I'm just sayin').

Old 03-01-2009, 09:40 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
I think you should try to relax a little.

too bad for the most part he is correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies