U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 11:06 AM

19,215 posts, read 13,848,544 times

Advertisements

Putin says ice the Fed. China stays silent. What do you make of this?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
This? "Putin: Post-US World Blueprint" by Jim Willie, CB, FSU Editorial 02/19/2009

Old 02-28-2009, 01:04 PM

6,213 posts, read 6,861,942 times
Looks like the rest of the world has written us off, and are making plans to move along without us.
This article seems to confirm what I had heard elsewhere, that the rest of the world is well aware of the preparations being made here for collapse, and resulting martial law, etc.
Amazing that most here, simply go along with the daily routine, oblivious to the storm clouds on the horizon.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:10 PM

4,830 posts, read 6,427,695 times
Putin has to be licking his chops with Obama in charge. I think the whole world should try to get on without the US, that after all is Obama's plan. He is going to remake the US in an image more to Putin's liking anyways. I say move on with the blessings of the Democrat Party. I am ready for whatever happens, stocking up with lots of canned goods, water and ,ammo, to hold off the feds when they come knocking. It is time to go underground for at least 4 years.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:13 PM

24,629 posts, read 26,086,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Looks like the rest of the world has written us off, and are making plans to move along without us.
This article seems to confirm what I had heard elsewhere, that the rest of the world is well aware of the preparations being made here for collapse, and resulting martial law, etc.
Amazing that most here, simply go along with the daily routine, oblivious to the storm clouds on the horizon.
Where in ford's name do you get this information you keep claiming?
Your lovely Bush put us in a bad position, but the rest of the world garbage you're spewing, how about some links.

I live in Europe and read European papers, this is certainly not in world news.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:17 PM

74,950 posts, read 35,048,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Agree. This is interesting...
“Read in between the lines of Putin’s speech and you find all the hints you want. The Chinese and Russians are burying the US alive. The Japanese, Germans, and Gulf States keep a very low profile for the moment. The decisions have been made: wait for 2010. They will use the unfolding chaos to introduce the new currency basket and trade rules… There is a brand new system being designed that will borrow from the past and apply 21st century tools for barter / counter trade / excess capacity etc. An Exchange Platform will cut out the banks altogether… [Chinese Premier] Wen delivered his speech in Davos and went straight to Berlin where they put the final touch on the new world currency basket, sponsored by Berlin-Moscow-Beijing-Tokyo-Riyadh. Moscow and Berlin already have a massive counter trade / barter trade agreement in place, and Beijing was eager to joint that platform as well.”

and...

"Igor Yurgens heads a think tank to advise Medvedev. He said, “What is discouraging is Obama’s statement that [the USGovt] is going to run a $1 trillion deficit for years to come. For us, that means that all the free liquidity in the world will run into American Treasury Bills. Of course, [Obama] expects the Chinese or Russians to buy USTreasury bills. That is pretty selfish and philosophically, it is protectionism.” The reality is that foreign creditors have already announced to key USCongressional members that they will not be purchasing any USTreasury Bonds for several months. Whether active boycott or inability from lack of trade surplus, it does not matter. Dire straits come to the US shores very soon."

Old 02-28-2009, 01:20 PM

I guess China wasn't silent.

CHINESE LEADER WEN FIRMS BARTERS

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao was more clever in his acute criticism of the United States. He made scathing comments at Davos about the ‘inappropriate macroeconomic policies’ and the ‘unsustainable model of development characterized by prolonged low savings and high consumption’ of some unnamed countries. Wen attacked ‘blind pursuit of profit’ by financial institutions and their ‘lack of self-discipline’ by them. After speaking at the World Economic Forum, where he echoed the criticism laid out by Putin, he went on an important trip across Europe. Wen traveled to four major European capitals, whose significance is enormous. He met with Swiss leaders in Bern, with German leaders in Berlin, with Spanish leaders in Madrid, and with European Union leaders in Belgium. One should interpret this not as an endorsement of the status quo, as reported by the US press media, but rather as an announcement of the new structure to conform to the Putin Blueprint for a Post-US World. The entrenched and defensive US-based and UK-based press media have no interest in mentioning a new framework. Loss of the current framework represents an invitation to the Third World. China has no interest in furthering the status quo. Wen served notice to European leaders.

Are Putin and Wen Republicans?

YouTube - Ron Paul says it's time to end the empire

Old 02-28-2009, 01:26 PM

4,830 posts, read 6,427,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
As Obama's plan progresses our dollar will become worthless. Since we are the world's biggest consumer and we will have a dollar worth nothing on the world market... well you get the picture. Bye bye US.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:37 PM

563 posts, read 833,061 times
I've known or thought this for some time, since 2007? I didn't go to college, am not in the financial or banking field...yet how did I know this was coming? Houses don't take 30 years to gain $70,000 in value and in 2 years gain double their value! A house that sold for $130,000 in 2002, sold for $260,000 in 2006. I said this is not true, not realistic, impossible, crazy and that house sold to a family just 3 years earlier would've never-NEVER-got a loan for the $130,000 , but got the $260,000. Andrew Dice Clay says it best "Un ^##@#! Believable"

I think most Americans know whats coming now, the U.S. dollar IS going to collapse. Obama and all the printing papered ink can't stop it. Greedy bastards did this, and we all will suffer.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
i've known or thought this for some time, since 2007? I didn't go to college, am not in the financial or banking field...yet how did i know this was coming? Houses don't take 30 years to gain $70,000 in value and in 2 years gain double their value! A house that sold for $130,000 in 2002, sold for $260,000 in 2006. I said this is not true, not realistic, impossible, crazy and that house sold to a family just 3 years earlier would've never-never-got a loan for the $130,000 , but got the $260,000. Andrew dice clay says it best "un ^##@#! Believable"

i think most americans know whats coming now, the u.s. Dollar is going to collapse. Obama and all the printing papered ink can't stop it. greedy bastards did this, and we all will suffer.

greed kills! Don't meth with greed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies