Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2009, 11:09 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

According to you ,the conservative mindset is to not solve problems or improve things, but to just keep their head in the sand.
Sorry about your attempt to stereotype me.
Conservatives typically look to solve problems with a minimum(or no) government intervention, which in case you haven't noticed in the however many years you have been on the planet, always makes things worse (if isn't the outright cause, in the first place).
My head is not in the sand,but I do have an opinion where yours is...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 11:11 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,629,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Oh,those good old FAMILY values like Palin has (knocked up kid,affairs etc) or maybe the values Reagan had (divorced etc etc) or Gingrich maybe?Rush (a dopehead and likely pedophile)? How bout "O'Really (perv that had to pay off for silence..falafel anyone?) You are truly clueless and it shows.
Your status: "Hey what are ya wearin?".......maybe you are the perv/pedophile?

Old 03-01-2009, 11:25 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,807,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I have and continue to do so. As a conservative Christian, I believe in the individual, not the government. I believe that you, LaMexican are smart enough to know what's best for you, smarter then the government is. I believe in accountability and personal responsibility. I believe in charity, not government coerced altruism.
If you, as a Christian Conservative, feel this way, then lets not let governement interfere with personal decisions concerning family planning or relationships.

As a self proclaimed "Christian" show me where Jesus supported "personal responsibility" over helping those in need.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:33 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,077,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Sorry about your attempt to stereotype me.
Conservatives typically look to solve problems with a minimum(or no) government intervention, which in case you haven't noticed in the however many years you have been on the planet, always makes things worse (if isn't the outright cause, in the first place).
My head is not in the sand,but I do have an opinion where yours is...
Name a problem that a conservative HAS solved lately and as for big gov't...LMAO...your moronic conservative POTUS of the last 8 yrs expanded the "gooberment" at the rate of a supernova while sticking his nose in every orifice of our bodys and daily lives by crying wolf and you idiots applauded him as he did it.

Revisionism of recent history only makes the GOP look very,very stupid.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:44 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,561,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
??

I agree.
This is based on my personal experiences. I am not making generalizations about the current place I live. Nearly all of my coworkers share the exact same values as I do as well as many of my friends.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:44 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,103 times
All
ignore Muleskinner and others like him... they have the following mental disorder...
dont be quick to judge...please have a little pity for them...

THE LIBERAL MIND:The Psychological Causes of Political Madness:

Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr., M.D., a forensic psychiatrist:
“Modern liberalism’s irrationality can only be understood as the product of psychopathology.

So extravagant are the patterns of thinking, emoting, behaving and relating that characterize the liberal mind that its relentless protests and demands become understandable only as disorders of the psyche.”

The Liberal Mind reveals the madness of the modern liberal for what it is: a massive transference neurosis acted out in the world’s political arenas, with devastating effects on the institutions of liberty.

http://rightvoices.com/2006/12/05/th...tical-madness/

The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness, by Lyle Rossiter, Jr., MD

Oh and this one too!

Veteran psychiatrist calls liberals mentally ill
Publishes extensive study on 'Psychological Causes of Political Madness:

WASHINGTON – Just when liberals thought it was safe to start identifying themselves as such, an acclaimed, veteran psychiatrist is making the case that the ideology motivating them is actually a mental disorder.

"Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded," says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, "The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness."
"Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."

For more than 35 years he has diagnosed and treated more than 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases as a board-certified forensic psychiatrist. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.

Rossiter says the kind of liberalism being displayed by both Barack Obama and his Democratic primary opponent Hillary Clinton can only be understood as a psychological disorder.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=56494

Old 03-01-2009, 11:46 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,807,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
All
please ignore Muleskinner and others like him... they have the following mental disorder... so have a little pity on them and dont be quick to judge:

“Modern liberalism’s irrationality can only be understood as the product of psychopathology.

So extravagant are the patterns of thinking, emoting, behaving and relating that characterize the liberal mind that its relentless protests and demands become understandable only as disorders of the psyche.â€

The Liberal Mind reveals the madness of the modern liberal for what it is: a massive transference neurosis acted out in the world’s political arenas, with devastating effects on the institutions of liberty.

The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness, by Lyle Rossiter, Jr., MD

Oh and this one too!

WASHINGTON – Just when liberals thought it was safe to start identifying themselves as such, an acclaimed, veteran psychiatrist is making the case that the ideology motivating them is actually a mental disorder.

"Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded," says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, "The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness."
"Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."

For more than 35 years he has diagnosed and treated more than 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases as a board-certified forensic psychiatrist. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.

Rossiter says the kind of liberalism being displayed by both Barack Obama and his Democratic primary opponent Hillary Clinton can only be understood as a psychological disorder.

Didn't Hitler try this same tactic?

Old 03-01-2009, 11:50 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,103 times
Jojan proves my case...

Old 03-01-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
All
ignore Muleskinner and others like him... they have the following mental disorder... dont be quick to judge...please have a little pity for them...

So extravagant are the patterns of thinking, emoting, behaving and relating that characterize the liberal mind that its relentless protests and demands become understandable only as disorders of the psyche.”

Oh and this one too!

Yes let's all listen to somebody with bright blue "writin' " with less than 100 posts....nice try with that ,but I'd bet YOUR time here is getting close to being up.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:56 AM

In fact,I just went ahead and did MYSELF a favor and got rid of that crappy blue

This message is hidden because tonyandclaire89 is on your ignore list
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies