Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2009, 01:33 PM

358 posts, read 472,201 times

Advertisements

I cannot help but wonder if Rush took his Oxycotin orally, nasally, or otherwise.

Just a scary thought with a visual that I now wish I coud forget
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 01:37 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,479 times
Unhappy Rush Limbaugh: Voice, Energy and Intellect of the GOP

It's discouraging...

After two consecutive electoral slaughters, the GOP movers and shakers are as stubborn and clueless as ever. They haven't learned a thing. They're demonstrating that they can't even revert to the role of effective opposition party. They offer no ideas, no plans no way forward. They simply regurgitate the failed rhetoric of the Bush/Cheney years.

American democracy needs a strong, effective minority party, not a collection of whimpering, short-sighted religious kooks.

I've voted Republican many times in the past. I may never vote for them again, though.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:40 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,593,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Horse View Post
I cannot help but wonder if Rush took his Oxycotin orally, nasally, or otherwise.

Just a scary thought with a visual that I now wish I coud forget
A scary thought indeed.

Speaking of Rush and Oxycontin: police officers will tell you that anyone who amassed narcotics in the quantity that Rush did was dealing and not merely keeping them for personal use. Funny how the Palm Beach County prosecutors never even seemed to investigate the possibility that Limbaugh may have been involved in selling the drugs he amassed. I would think that prosecutors would have wanted to investigate that possibility, given how so many prosecutors are obsessed with trying to nail a celebrity to build up their own reputations. But that possibility never was explored. I wonder if they would have been so lax if someone famous but less politically connected had done the same thing.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:48 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I'm conservative and I think movingforward is right.

The Republican party needs to drop the neocons. They are killing the party.
Same here. Financially conservative. Socially progressive. Militarily strong. But the GOP is a basket case of whack jobs, racists, and sheer thieves (ala' Wall Street, et al).

The OP is right on the money. If Limbaugh the clown = the voice of the GOP, then it follows that the GOP = clowns and the formula which proves the equation is thus written Palin = clown. But we knew that.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:51 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Same here. Financially conservative. Socially progressive. Militarily strong. But the GOP is a basket case of whack jobs, racists, and sheer thieves (ala' Wall Street, et al).

The OP is right on the money. If Limbaugh the clown = the voice of the GOP, then it follows that the GOP = clowns and the formula which proves the equation is thus written Palin = clown. But we knew that.
did you vote for Obama?

Old 03-01-2009, 01:56 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Horse View Post
Rush is more valuable to the democrats than the DNC, next to Obama, I think he is the best friend we have, then we have the rest of the merry band of leadership of the Asylum, like Colter, Hannity, Dodson, Mark Davis (an exceptional idiot in talk in DFW).

It is really fun to be a Democrat again.
Don't leave out Dick Morris and O'Reilly!

Old 03-01-2009, 01:57 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,585,830 times
Rush "Anal Cysts" Limbaugh & George Dumbya Bush.

The two faces of the conservative movement. A college dropout drug-addict and a village idiot manchild who was a drunk and failure in life up to his late 40s.

And now the "rising stars" in the conservative movement appear to be an evanglical wingnut from Alaska who thinks the Earth is only 6000 years old and a Southern governor who claims to be a demon exorcist.

Jesus H. Christ. Where does the GOP find these bozos?

Old 03-01-2009, 01:57 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
did you vote for Obama?
Yes, any number of times...

Old 03-01-2009, 01:59 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Sorry about your attempt to stereotype me.
Conservatives typically look to solve problems with a minimum(or no) government intervention, which in case you haven't noticed in the however many years you have been on the planet, always makes things worse (if isn't the outright cause, in the first place).
My head is not in the sand,but I do have an opinion where yours is...
allydriver, I know we are at complete opposites about politics...but your answer here was hysterical.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:00 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
A scary thought indeed.

Speaking of Rush and Oxycontin: police officers will tell you that anyone who amassed narcotics in the quantity that Rush did was dealing and not merely keeping them for personal use. Funny how the Palm Beach County prosecutors never even seemed to investigate the possibility that Limbaugh may have been involved in selling the drugs he amassed. I would think that prosecutors would have wanted to investigate that possibility, given how so many prosecutors are obsessed with trying to nail a celebrity to build up their own reputations. But that possibility never was explored. I wonder if they would have been so lax if someone famous but less politically connected had done the same thing.
No, I can tell you from being in the medical profession, people can acquire quite a tolerance to narcotics. I have personally seen patients take doses that could kill a horse 10 times over!

The large amount of inventory Rush was caught with is testomony to his level of addiction (and his wieght!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies