Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 06:07 PM

479 posts, read 659,865 times

Advertisements

Some humor for a Saturday afternoon...

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old rancher, whose hand was caught in the gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Obama and his becoming our president.

The old rancher said, "Well, ya know, Obama is a 'Post Turtle'".

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'post turtle' was. The old rancher said, "When your driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle".

The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain. "You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, and he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you just wonder what kind of dumb ass put him up there to begin with".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 10:15 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,631,395 times
bump, sad story but it looks like it's true

Old 02-28-2009, 10:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,212,332 times
That tale about the Texas rancher and the post turtle circulated on the e-mail circuit some time ago, but since I think like the old man (I am 76) I always have to laugh at the story.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:49 PM

18,074 posts, read 25,177,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain. "You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, and he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you just wonder what kind of dumb ass put him up there to begin with".
FYI, American democracy and american people put him "up there".

Great job modifying the real joke to fit your ideology,
the post turtle joke is about Sarah Palin.

“You know she didn’t get up there by herself,
she doesn’t belong up there,
she doesn’t know what to do while she is up there,
and you just wonder what kind of dumb ass put her up there to begin with.”

Old 02-28-2009, 10:50 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,954,538 times
The funny part is the joke is probably told by those who voted and would vote again for Bush.

and you just wonder what kind of dumb ass put him up there to begin with"?

I'm sure it goes right over their Bush lovin heads.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:52 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,054,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That tale about the Texas rancher and the post turtle circulated on the e-mail circuit some time ago, but since I think like the old man (I am 76) I always have to laugh at the story.
Sad to say, but it could probably be said about the past administration, as well as the current one.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:00 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,954,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Sad to say, but it could probably be said about the past administration, as well as the current one.

It wouldnt be applicable to this Administration. They've done nothing but try and clean up the bed that was crapped in by the last eight years of GOP rule. Fix the Mess in Iraq, Fix the mess with the Banks, Fix the mess with the economy.....All inherited after eight years of Bush and 6 of 8 years of GOP control of Congress.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:11 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,304,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yep, it is a standard chain e-mail which just has the name of the politician changed every four years. It's pretty pathetic that some people are so dim witted they haven't figured that out yet. Hell, a quick check of snoops exposes this exact e-mail.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:00 AM

479 posts, read 659,865 times
You Liberals are a dimwitted bunch, The very first line says..."HUMOR for a Saturday".

It's a F'ing Joke...do you all have your shorts bound so tight you can't recognize a joke when you see it? Special cudos to the Dopo that slammed the joke but then took time to re-type it subbing in Palin's name. . The italics gave it a special touch, nice job!

Thanks for making that joke live on...I laughed when I read it and I have been laughing at your silly responses ever since.

Lighten up dims, the next four years will be over before you know it. Then we will get a real president!

Here's another joke for you...If Snopes say it's so it must be God's honest truth! HAHAHA!!!! Good one!

Old 03-01-2009, 07:29 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,054,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
The funny part is the joke is probably told by those who voted and would vote again for Bush.

and you just wonder what kind of dumb ass put him up there to begin with"?

I'm sure it goes right over their Bush lovin heads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies