Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 11:37 AM

358 posts, read 472,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I think we need to raise the voting age back to 21 when you are legally considered an adult.
You are an adult at 18. You can execute contracts and do all except drink, stupid law. If you are old enough to join the military w/o parent consent then you are an adult. Disgracefully, we have guys that have spent 15 months in a battle zone and they cannot buy a beer at a bar.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:50 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,941,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Horse View Post
You are an adult at 18. You can execute contracts and do all except drink, stupid law. If you are old enough to join the military w/o parent consent then you are an adult. Disgracefully, we have guys that have spent 15 months in a battle zone and they cannot buy a beer at a bar.
I agree with giving those actually in the military full adult priveleges, regardless of their age.

But I do not support using "possibility of going to war" as the excuse way too many civilian 18-21 y.o. use to lower the drinking age. Most 18-21 y.o. would have no intentions of ever joinging, routinely criticize soldiers in the liberal rallies all over colleges... and do not have much respect for the armed forces.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:53 AM

784 posts, read 2,265,513 times
[quote=Eeeee22895;7691046]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
To most of the nation and world, Obama's proving to walk the talk.

quote]

How is Obama walking the walk? What has he done?
This is to Eeeee22895

I'll tell you what he has done. He has stood tall while people like you blame him for everything wrong with your parties affiliation over the last eight years. By the way, since you claim to know so much about the economy and such.

News flash, Before there was credit, the President actually had very little impact through policy with the ebbs and flows of the economy. Often times they are unfairly praised during times when our economy seems prosperous. Although in actuallity, they have little if nothing to do with it. Since credit, we have found ourselves in this hole because of bad lending by banks with very lenient restrictions, and while very misinformed economists who are running our country failed to forsee the potential pitfulls. Or atleast failed to take advice from those who could see ahead and had warned them of the potential for disaster were about to be facing.

We realize this time, that if government doesn't intervene our country will completely go bankrupt. This is why Obama has stepped in. At one time our country did not need this type of intervention, unfortunately now we do. Time's have changed. This is not to say that the Republicans are at fault, or that the Democrats are at fault.

Truth be told, both parties can share the blame. Blame aside however, something has to be done. Your idea of sitting back and doing nothing and continue to let americans borrow what they cannot pay back is far from fixing this problem. If we were in any age beyond the "credit" age this might work but we are past that point. Your ideas are very misguided I must say. Secondly, your apparent anger issues are visible by your many ignorant rants. You have a really messed up view of people.

I would hope you are kidding with your mockery of human rights but I suppose you are the real deal. That being said, I hope that you never have to know what it feels like to be needy. Life has a funny way of running full circle. While you might be able bodied today, you never know what is around the corner. Instead of castritating the needy and less fortunate, how about extend a hand to them? Never look down on someone unless you plan to pick them up.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:58 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Pretty good summary of the proposal. Please defend me, but you can have no say in the country you defend.
They (Eeee, roysoldboy, other posters in this thread) aren't even saying "please" defend me. They EXPECT you to defend them........but say you don't deserve to vote if your age is less than 21 or 25!

Old 03-02-2009, 11:59 AM

358 posts, read 472,362 times
Austin13, I am really dissappointed you gave those 2 ah's this site, But they are getting their due. It does not take a genius to spot race baiting trolls that are facist racist. You, I and Finnjabber were ganged up on over there by about a dozen so one by one we left. Now Govenour Times is just a wild eyed right wing echo chamber. This site is massive and just as this string has demostrated, then the crazies crawl out from under their rocks they get stompped.

I calle out Sunkelhammer and Roysoldboy when I saw them here, I want to thank them for lining up for their ass kicking and I want to thank the sane individuals that seem to have lineman boots on.

Roy is a real piece of work. He is way up there in years and Medicare has saved his sorry ass more than once, and he runs down to VA and gets in line for cheap meds. Then he hurrys home to start posting and raisin hell about socialized medicine. I do not resent him the benefits but his hypocritical attitude? go figger?

Old 03-02-2009, 12:02 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
[quote=SlickRick1;7698091]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post

This is to Eeeee22895

I'll tell you what he has done. He has stood tall while people like you blame him for everything wrong with your parties affiliation over the last eight years. By the way, since you claim to know so much about the economy and such.

News flash, Before there was credit, the President actually had very little impact through policy with the ebbs and flows of the economy. Often times they are unfairly praised during times when our economy seems prosperous. Although in actuallity, they have little if nothing to do with it. Since credit, we have found ourselves in this hole because of bad lending by banks with very lenient restrictions, and while very misinformed economists who are running our country failed to forsee the potential pitfulls. Or atleast failed to take advice from those who could see ahead and had warned them of the potential for disaster were about to be facing.

We realize this time, that if government doesn't intervene our country will completely go bankrupt. This is why Obama has stepped in. At one time our country did not need this type of intervention, unfortunately now we do. Time's have changed. This is not to say that the Republicans are at fault, or that the Democrats are at fault.

Truth be told, both parties can share the blame. Blame aside however, something has to be done. Your idea of sitting back and doing nothing and continue to let americans borrow what they cannot pay back is far from fixing this problem. If we were in any age beyond the "credit" age this might work but we are past that point. Your ideas are very misguided I must say. Secondly, your apparent anger issues are visible by your many ignorant rants. You have a really messed up view of people.

I would hope you are kidding with your mockery of human rights but I suppose you are the real deal. That being said, I hope that you never have to know what it feels like to be needy. Life has a funny way of running full circle. While you might be able bodied today, you never know what is around the corner. Instead of castritating the needy and less fortunate, how about extend a hand to them? Never look down on someone unless you plan to pick them up.
Rick, unfortunately, I think your words of compassion and wisdom will be falling on the deaf "ears" of a troll.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:05 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Basically get rid of poor voters ( who vote Democratic) and young voters ( who vote Democratic)

On behalf of every Democratic voter here.....kiss my asse you elitist anti-American bastarde
I don't think I'd express my sentiment in exactly the same words, but it is clear to me that anyone who voted for Obama needs to be *penalized* for TREASON.

I am ROTFLMAO as I hear reports on the news this AM of the DOW headed well below 7000 for the first time in many years. This will mean the Obama Dumophoque voters will soon be out of work and I can go down to the local unemployment office, point at them and laugh!

Old 03-02-2009, 12:06 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Horse View Post
ROTFLMAO

This is priceless!

Old 03-02-2009, 12:31 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
We aren't talking about "dignity" not being given to the non-producers and bottom-feeders. We're talking about a privilege that should be earned. If you do not contribute in the system, why should you have a say in the sytem? Why do you liberals insist on getting something for nothing?
Anyone who doesn't agree with you is a "liberal"? I don't recall ever having said I was. I was just defending the right to vote in America. Funny how "god-fearing" "patriotic" "conservative Americans" always seem quick to deny American rights to others.
Put down your pride, dude. NOBODY got where they are today "all by themselves".

Old 03-02-2009, 12:37 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Yes this thread proves we are the Beacon of Democracy for the world to follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies