Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 05:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

My computer doesn't do videos well, but I suffered through this one to see what everyone was talking about. I guess I didn't watch the same video as you all did. The commentator said there was a tepid response to the first half of the speech. He also spoke of issues which received a good response. The video was obviously cut and spliced to make him look bad. The article is from that renowned news source, FOX.

Originally Posted by tinman01
Perhaps they recall a few of the less than flattering things Obama and his cohorts had to say about those who wear the uniform.
America's misfits?
They joined because they had no other prospects?
Uneducated?
To name just a few things.

Perhaps you could provide some corroboration that Obama or anyone in his administration actually said any of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 05:09 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,992,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
Seems they were at attention.

... actually with that the case I find it quite pitiful that you would play politics with their response.
Exactly.

They all seemed pretty eager to take pictures and video after he was through talking. Unless they are all working on a Scrapbook-O-Fail on their free time this is just FUD. In the Bush video they were probably all coached to cheer like crazy considering Bush's dismal approval rating at the time.

I wanted to see Obama in office, but haven't agreed with just about anything he has done so far...but come on, people are grasping at straws here.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:10 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
While enlistment after 911 was for patriotic reasons, in the past few years it has been for financial reasons. They are feeling what many here in the US are feeling- that they are soon to be out of a job.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:14 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,230,972 times
LOL!!! This was great!!! Everyone likes to "speak" for the troops, and this time the troops spoke for themselves!

Old 03-01-2009, 05:15 PM

492 posts, read 961,747 times
I had that Obama speech on the TV live that day. I didn't see the intro but early on I noticed that only a few (the brass) were applauding statements while the uniformed just sat there. I thought that was odd but later there was more applause for statements so figured it was a short in my imagination.

Glad to see I'm okay and the troops know who their friends are... er, were.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:17 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VC dreamer View Post
LOL!!! This was great!!! Everyone likes to "speak" for the troops, and this time the troops spoke for themselves!
yes they did even at the end it was not what it has been in the past for a Prez

Old 03-01-2009, 05:19 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaladoSam View Post
I had that Obama speech on the TV live that day. I didn't see the intro but early on I noticed that only a few (the brass) were applauding statements while the uniformed just sat there. I thought that was odd but later there was more applause for statements so figured it was a short in my imagination.

Glad to see I'm okay and the troops know who their friends are... er, were.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:26 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Here's another; Dec 2008

YouTube - Woah! US Troops in Iraq Give Bush a Tremendous Sendoff!

Even Bubba received a better welcome than obama's - which was nothing to write home about.

This is humiliating for obama; especially when he says "thanks for that welcome".

Quote:
The video was obviously cut and spliced to make him look bad. The article is from that renowned news source, FOX.
The video is unedited, uncut and uninterrupted from the time he is announced to when he says to be seated.

The only time they really cheered was when he announced pay raises.

Last edited by sanrene; 03-01-2009 at 05:34 PM..

Old 03-01-2009, 05:31 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,195 times
I'll bet many of those Marines voted for Obama even if they might not be so anxious for their staunchly Republican commanding officers to know that.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:36 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,860 times
Aside from the fact that this is quite likely a doctored video, how odd that the military would prefer that Obama keep them in harm's way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies