Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:23 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
The 'Liberal' forums are chock full of 'em.

The 'conservative' forums are chock full of 'em...this site is chock full of 'em....everywhere I look there are conservatives strewn about willy-nilly.

It's a little unsettling.

It's a little unsettling that such a large portion of internet users are so stupid as to support the Republican Party after they spent 8 years trying to destroy America, but they are out there in large numbers. It's easy to tell who can, and who cannot, think for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 07:30 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Keep in mind most liberals label anyone who doesn't adhere to their strict ideology as "racist", so odds are about 4 to 1 that under such a barometer most will be called "racist" (thought not in reality) simply because they do not agree 100% with The One.
There I helped you describe the other side.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:33 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
Way to organize old timers!
Care to guess which one of us is younger?

Old 03-02-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's a little unsettling that such a large portion of internet users are so stupid as to support the Republican Party after they spent 8 years trying to destroy America, but they are out there in large numbers. It's easy to tell who can, and who cannot, think for themselves.
And here I was thinking it was people like this that did that...

Quote:
In 1969, Raines first worked in national politics, preparing a report for the Nixon administration on the causes and patterns of youth unrest around the country related to the Vietnam War.[2] He served in the Carter Administration as associate director for economics and government in the Office of Management and Budget and assistant director of the White House Domestic Policy Staff from 1977 to 1979. Then he joined Lazard Freres and Co., where he worked for 11 years and became a general partner. In 1991 he became Fannie's Mae's Vice Chairman, a post he left in 1996 in order to join the Clinton Administration as the Director of the U.S. Office of Management and Budget, where he served until 1998. In 1999, he returned to Fannie Mae as CEO, "the first black man to head a Fortune 500 company."[3]
On December 21, 2004 Raines accepted what he called "early retirement" [4] from his position as CEO while U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission investigators continued to investigate alleged accounting irregularities. He is accused by The Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO), the regulating body of Fannie Mae, of abetting widespread accounting errors, which included the shifting of losses so senior executives, such as himself, could earn large bonuses [5].
In 2006, the OFHEO announced a suit against Raines in order to recover some or all of the $90 million in payments made to Raines based on the overstated earnings [6] initially estimated to be $9 billion but have been announced as 6.3 billion.[7].
Franklin Raines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No moral high ground. NONE. NADA. ZILCH! We hired the Carter team to run Fannie?

You just can't make this stuff up.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:40 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
It's generally the people who are displeased who scream the loudest. When people are content you don't hear them as much.
That's true.

We also don't hear from people when they know they're in the process of screwing up. I have a feeling a lot of our liberal friends are feeling a little more conservative these days.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:45 PM

541 posts, read 1,224,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Well, you figure that the past 8 years are solidly on conservatives shoulders. Their ideologies failed and the country responded.
You mention "their policies," but which policies are you referring to as failures? Because it's very easy to point at the Community Re-Investment Act and its rewriting in the 1990s as giving rise to the legal structure that allowed this massive banking fiasco. It wasn't the Republicans who created Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, and I believe it was John McCain who was publically speaking out against these crooks back in 2006. Hearing Barney Frank lash out at these bankers after researching more into his role in this fiasco sickens me, honestly. (And no, I'm not at all a McCain fan.)

It seems to me it's a lot easier to blame this on Bush without getting into any specifics about the matter. If you've got them, let's hear them. I'm not convinced. This economic mess has the sticky fingers of well-intended but left-brained liberalism all over it.

That said, Barack Obama's budget deficits over the next few years are going to dwarf anything Bush ever could have dreamed of, even with this spend-thrift ways and with all his war games.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
And here I was thinking it was people like this that did that...

Franklin Raines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No moral high ground. NONE. NADA. ZILCH! We hired the Carter team to run Fannie?

You just can't make this stuff up.

Your blaming Carter for both Bush's and Reagan's messes?

Clinton left Bush a surplus, after he cleaned up his fathers mess.

The problem with conservatives is they are at odds with reality, and just make up their own. This forum proves that

Old 03-02-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Who can blame them? Look what the liberals are doing to the world we live in today. Liberals don't want to know about the best or the brightest in any field. They want to know if you're gay or black, and if you're not why are you still employed.
Thats not true, they DO want the best and brightest, AND they want those normally excluded given every chance that anyone else gets.

And, furthermore, if you have ANY profession with little diversity in it, it is HARDER for many minorities to gain acceptance, thats why racial quotas were started in the first place.

Diversity is good. It's helped make this country great.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:50 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,913 times
One of the reasons I post so little here anymore is that the scale here is tipped by the liberals ... or maybe it would be more accurate to say that there's not much openmindedness on the part of most (not all) liberal posters so it seems over run.

I feel I'm beating my head against the wall most of the time because no matter what I say I'm told I'm misinformed, stupid or worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Replace semantics with Obama. He is a master of words. When he told us he was going to make the the government accountable to the people. He literally meant destroy it and have it displayed to the world. ...................
No investor in the world will invest in a company that looks like it's going to have no future. Obama needs to provide real hope but he isn't. Not at all. Instead he continues to tell us all how bad we are. Despite the media blitz trying to convey otherwise.
And this is the most frightening for me. My husband and I are middle class seniors, the forgotten Americans in all of this. Obama talks about "Wall Street big cats" seemingly unaware that so many of us invested in this market aren't fat cats at all .... just everyday human beings who worked and saved all our lives only to see ourselves now poised on the precipice of who knows what and he says he's sending each of us a $250 check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
That's funny, I feel that the liberals tend to dominate these forums.
Yup. Definitely.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Your blaming Carter for both Bush's and Reagan's messes?

Clinton left Bush a surplus, after he cleaned up his fathers mess.

The problem with conservatives is they are at odds with reality, and just make up their own. This forum proves that
I caused him to defraud the agency of millions falsifying billions and causing a massive unrest in the system that should have been trying to over look and implement GSE reform? Instead they had to deal with this fraud. I wonder what direction that took us on?

Revisionism in the present is called a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies