Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:14 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
No..that's a freeloader.
Damn! For a minute there I thought you were on to something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 08:15 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Naturally, you try to twist the meaning of the word around to fit your argument. It doesn't work.

Unnaturally, you twist the meaning to fit your argument.

Ask yourself this: if the Mars explorer scooped up a pint of newly discovered water, put in under the microscope, and discovered tiny living cells, would NASA report it as the greatest discover ever (Life on another planet!), or would they just ignore it because they were simply little parasites? Life is life. The fact that you place no importance on the smallest and weakest life is sad. That is your choice, however. Peace.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:16 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
If a person kills a pregnant women and the child inside dies they are charged with 2 murders.
If the child inside her is not a living being then how can they be charges with 2 homicides?

It's a paradox of the law, the mother can kill the child and it's not murder, but if anyone else does it is.
#1 - that is not the law in every state
#2 - in most States where it is the law, they're charged with murder if the fetus is past viability (6 months)

Old 03-03-2009, 08:18 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post

Ask yourself this: if the Mars explorer scooped up a pint of newly discovered water, put in under the microscope, and discovered tiny living cells, would NASA report it as the greatest discover ever (Life on another planet!), or would they just ignore it because they were simply little parasites? Life is life. The fact that you place no importance on the smallest and weakest life is sad. That is your choice, however. Peace.
Then I hope if you are ever bitten by a tick and find it attached to you, you don't remove it from your body and kill it... you'd be destroying life.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:19 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
You take a life and then you make the "choice" to do so. Thats what murder is.
If we were to agree, for the sake of argument, that life begins at conception, abortion is a homicide but not a murder. Murder implies malice and aforethought. There are degrees of homicides from murder to self defense, plus of course, war, none of which constitutes murder.

Abortion is legal and so by definition the taking of a human life, for the sake of argument, is not murder, but it would be a homicide.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:22 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Then I hope if you are ever bitten by a tick and find it attached to you, you don't remove it from your body and kill it... you'd be destroying life.
You have to admit that there is a difference between human life and that of an animal -- otherwise we would be a vegetarian society.

I do think that most women who undergo abortion do it with the knowledge that they are ending a life, no matter how small it may be.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:22 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,874 times
Quote:

Great post! My point exactly!

Old 03-03-2009, 08:23 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,172,561 times
Quote:
Ok, so explain to me how fetuses and embryos can live outside the womb. If you can't, then they are in fact parasites.

Quote:
Parasites wouldn't just be in water. They'd be inside creatures that live in the water. They can not live on their own. Once again, twisting the definition to try and prove your point. Give it up sir. It doesn't work.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post

I'd remove it and kill it in a second. I would not deny that it was life.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:28 AM

Main Entry: par·a·site Pronunciation: \ˈper-ə-ˌsīt, ˈpa-rə-\ Function: noun Etymology: Middle French, from Latin parasitus, from Greek parasitos, from para- + sitos grain, food Date: 1539

1 : a person who exploits the hospitality of the rich and earns welcome by flattery
2 : an organism living in, with, or on another organism in parasitism
3 : something that resembles a biological parasite in dependence on something else for existence or support without making a useful or adequate return

1. Democrats are parasites

I fail to see how (by the above defenition) an embryo is a parasite. An embryo certainly makes a useful return (human life - maybe even yours), provided you don't kill it first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies