Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 12:45 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,530,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Oh, yeah. If you make unsupported statements then that makes them irrefutably correct.
Give me an example that proves my definition wrong. Can you do that?

Old 03-03-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Where is your scientific proof?

The sky is green. This is true because I say it is.
LOL. I love this. All you have to do is provide an example that disproves my definition. Can you do it?

Old 03-03-2009, 12:49 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Life definitely ends in frivolous wars based on lies.

Life definitely ends in ecological destruction justified by economic "progress".

It's a scientific fact.

End the hypocrisy and we'll listen. Life is life is life. You want to be pro-life, then stand up and be pro-life in all regards.

Otherwise, you're just trying to control women and force them to be subjects of the state, which last I checked is not very conservative.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:49 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Here is the irrefutable definition of an embryo which should put an end to abortion debate.

A human embryo is that which will develop into an adult human being if given adequate nutrition and care, and barring premature illness or injury.

This simple defnition covers everything. What it means is that even a one-second-old embryo is no different except in stage of development than an older fetus, a newborn, a five-year-old or a sixteen year old. Period.

Nothing you can introduce such as independent heart beat, lung function, or cognitive state invalidates this definition, for all are developmental milestones.
Well, that clears the whole thing up. Life begins at conception because "Eeeee22895" on city-data says it does. Call the Supreme Court and let them know. Stop the presses on all the books out there on the subject. Close the clinics. It's been settled. Whew. That's a relief.

Now we can all go on to something else, like Obama's birth certificate. Is there a thread on that?

Old 03-03-2009, 12:51 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Give me an example that proves my definition wrong. Can you do that?
There is no scientific definition of life. You cannot define where it begins.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:55 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,323,538 times
and another one of these threads. don't you people have anything to do during the day?
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-abortion.html

Old 03-03-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
We kill babies with bombs, so I see no reason that embryos deserve any special protection.

Now I hate stupid arguments like that foisted by the OP because I am inherently opposed to abortion but that is a personal moral choice and not one that I would mandate on another. So, I find in disturbing that such debates inspire me to take an opposing view just in order to defend the rights of other to choose their own moral path.
Stupid argument? My definition proves the personhood of every human being from conception to death. To favor abortion is to favor killing a person.

Your stated believe about personally opposing abortion but allowing it for others is specious and hypocritical. If it's wrong, it's wrong. Would you say "I oppose rape, but who the hell am I to deny a rapist his choice to rape?"

Old 03-03-2009, 12:56 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Well, that clears the whole thing up. Life begins at conception because "Eeeee22895" on city-data says it does. Call the Supreme Court and let them know. Stop the presses on all the books out there on the subject. Close the clinics. It's been settled. Whew. That's a relief.

Now we can all go on to something else, like Obama's birth certificate. Is there a thread on that?
Hah - your "truthiness" tagline reminds me of a brilliant bit Jon Stewart did at the Republican convention.

His female correspondent (don't know her name) asked Republicans what they thought of Bristol Palin's decision to keep her baby.

They would, of course applaud it, and then the correspondent would say something like, "So, she had the freedom to decide for herself what was best for her. I'm trying to think of the word.... what is it.... She made a ...." And then the people would either catch on to what she was doing and refuse to say the word "choice" or, as one young woman did, the correspondent opened her mind and she couldn't argue the logic.

Quite brilliant insight into the fact that ending abortion can be done with legislation about as easily as ending war.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:57 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Here is the irrefutable definition of an embryo which should put an end to abortion debate.

A human embryo is that which will develop into an adult human being if given adequate nutrition and care, and barring premature illness or injury.

This simple defnition covers everything. What it means is that even a one-second-old embryo is no different except in stage of development than an older fetus, a newborn, a five-year-old or a sixteen year old. Period.

Nothing you can introduce such as independent heart beat, lung function, or cognitive state invalidates this definition, for all are developmental milestones.
So don't "concept" anything and you'll be fine!

The debate SHOULD be over ....abortion is legal....so why do you keep debating it????

Old 03-03-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
There is no scientific definition of life. You cannot define where it begins.
Same response.

1) Is a ten-year-old alive?
2) What's the difference between a ten-year-old and a new embryo other than developmental?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies