Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 02:18 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times

Advertisements

The embryo cannot exist without that ONE person - it will not survive. Therefore, it is not separate.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:19 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Can a one-year-old live without care and nutrition? No one would argue it's a separate entity. I'm thoroughly enjoying watching you libs chasing your tails on this one.
A one year old can live supported by any person.

An embryo cannot.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:19 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,791,565 times
Quote:
OK, you have two choices:

1) Refute any point in my definition
2) Admit you believe mass-execution of over one million babies a year in the United States is acceptable.

If your choice is #2, could you tell the room how you can justify this holocaust of young children?
I have two choices? That's it?

I choose

3) A definition of an embryo does very little, if anything, to make an argument on whether abortion should be legal or is moral. It's one defintion of a word, not an analysis or argument of a complex issue.

You live in a very small world. Good luck with it. Sincerely. I wish you well and will pray for you.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:20 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,791,565 times
Quote:
Can a one-year-old live without care and nutrition? No one would argue it's a separate entity. I'm thoroughly enjoying watching you libs chasing your tails on this one.
It can live without the care and nutrition of it's mother.

Can an embryo do that?

Edit: Sorry that obvious point was already made by others.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:21 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......e -

In response to your repeated insistence that myself and others prove you are wrong, I will repost what I said earlier. You have a tendency to ignore ambiguity and go after extremism:

I don't get caught up in silly debates over when life begins or ends because it's irrelevant.

Life never begins and never ends. It simply always is. I have known pregnant women who have felt the moment a soul embodied their fetus.

Is that when it begins? Or is it just the physical act? Is God an abortionist because of all the miscarriages?

I support peoples' right to terminate their own physical lives as well. Are they murderers?

Why don't we get beyond these childish arguments that have been played out for about 3 decades and figure out how to end war, end pesticide use, end ecological destruction, end pollution, and end abortion. They're all barbaric acts, but necessary for a young society that is not yet structured or evolved enough to eliminate demand for any of them.

Time to end your liberal versus conservative screed and propose solutions that don't involve government forcing women to have children they cannot support and that the same advocates against abortion do not want government funds to help support.

You claim any mention of war or pesticides or even the 40,000+ killed in automobiles every year is off topic, but it's not. You can't make an argument about when life begins and then support unethical wars that take life long after they've begun.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 03-03-2009 at 03:06 PM..

Old 03-03-2009, 02:24 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
An embryo or a fetus is not a member of society.
If that is the case, how is it that over 1/2 of the states can bring murder charges against someone who, in harming the pregnant female, kills the "embryo" or "fetus"?

Old 03-03-2009, 02:25 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,531,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I don't get caught up in silly debates over when life begins or ends because it's irrelevant.

Life never begins and never ends. It simply always is. I have known pregnant women who have felt the moment a soul embodied their fetus.

Is that when it begins? Or is it just the physical act? Is God an abortionist because of all the miscarriages?

I support peoples' right to terminate their own physical lives as well. Are they murderers?

Why don't we get beyond these childish arguments that have been played out for about 3 decades and figure out how to end war, end pesticide use, end ecological destruction, end pollution, and end abortion. They're all barbaric acts, but necessary for a young society that is not yet structured or evolved enough to eliminate demand for any of them.

Time to end your liberal versus conservative screed and propose solutions that don't involve government forcing women to have children they cannot support and that the same advocates against abortion do not want government funds to help support.
There's nothing complex about sanctioning the barbaric destruction of a million lives a year.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 03-03-2009 at 03:10 PM..

Old 03-03-2009, 02:26 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,378 times
[quote=Eeeee22895;7716873]There's nothing complex about sanctioning the barbaric destruction of a million lives a year.quote]

Give it a rest. You are again confusing "life" with "human being".

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 03-03-2009 at 03:12 PM..

2,544 posts, read 4,282,353 times
Quote:
OK, you have two choices:

1) Refute any point in my definition
2) Admit you believe mass-execution of over one million babies a year in the United States is acceptable.

If your choice is #2, could you tell the room how you can justify this holocaust of young children?
1. I accept your definition. Abortion involves removing an embryo from the womb.

2. How did we go from embryos to babies?

3. This should end this debate:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Since your argument is based on religion and religion only, it has no place in the body of legislation.

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Quote:
It's mod cut-inappropriate saying someone made a "choice" to keep a baby. Human life is the default. It's like saying you made a "choice" not to machine gun a kindergarten class or a "choice" not to rape a bunch of women.

Now that I've humored your off-topic digression, you still haven't told us how you can justify killing a living developing human being who's no different than you except in stage of development.
Not having unprotected sex is a choice.

Coming up with reasons to justify a war in Iraq that had nothing to do with terrorism is a choice.

Feeding industrial food laced with pesticides and toxins to babies or smoking around them and giving them cancer is a choice.

....I guess human life is not always the default. Just a question of how slowly we're willing to kill.

Again - how do we end all of these destructive practices, not just force abortions underground?

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 03-03-2009 at 03:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies