Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 09:01 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah and it avoids the low-education level connotations associated with fast-food workers.

Ken
The name actually stems from a hobby of mine of which the proceeds go to the homeless. If you're ever in the area you may see me at a sporting event .

I hope that’s not indicative of my education level...which I like to think is higher than it actually is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 09:07 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
The name actually stems from a hobby of mine of which the proceeds go to the homeless. If you're ever in the area you may see me at a sporting event .

I hope that’s not indicative of my education level...which I like to think is higher than it actually is.
Charity stuff eh?
That's cool.

Ken

Old 03-04-2009, 07:41 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
^^^^Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the perfect example of a delusional liberal here as well^^^^ See, both sides have some issues...
Sorry .... but no delusions here.

Obama is possibly the best president we will have in our lifetimes.

Which is a great thing ... because he is following the absolute worst president ever!

Old 03-04-2009, 07:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
I think not.

He didn't win by a land slide and I think a lot of people were on the fence but Palin pushed them over. Which was why they voted for Obama. BUT now that Obama has had a chance to show off his band of non tax paying cabinet members, his spending spree filled with ear marks and pork, Wall Street is tanking, his cabinet has the lobbyist that he swore he wouldn't have and we have all been showed how dangerous this man's policies are to this country.

I think a lot of people would change their vote.

What say you?
I think the title of your post is poorly worded. If the elections were held today, it would mean the campaign went on until today. Of course he'd win! He already won, and he was gaining as time went on. If people could do it all over again would they elect Obama? Probably. He has a very high approval rating. Many people think he is doing a good job. It's only here on CD that I see a lot of disapproval of his policies.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:13 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I think the title of your post is poorly worded. If the elections were held today, it would mean the campaign went on until today. Of course he'd win! He already won, and he was gaining as time went on. If people could do it all over again would they elect Obama? Probably. He has a very high approval rating. Many people think he is doing a good job. It's only here on CD that I see a lot of disapproval of his policies.
Not only would he win today, he would win by an even larger margin.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:26 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
People are losing their 401k people are not happy with Hope and Change.
Considering that the sh*t has been hitting the fan loooong before Obama was even elected, your post has no point.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:39 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
I think not.

He didn't win by a land slide and I think a lot of people were on the fence but Palin pushed them over. Which was why they voted for Obama. BUT now that Obama has had a chance to show off his band of non tax paying cabinet members, his spending spree filled with ear marks and pork, Wall Street is tanking, his cabinet has the lobbyist that he swore he wouldn't have and we have all been showed how dangerous this man's policies are to this country.

I think a lot of people would change their vote.

What say you?
No chance it would be different unless the Republican ticket was changed.The Republicans think Palin was their savior whe she really was ours.A rube who was the republican answer to Hillary.Nice try but Hillary is intelligent and can finish a sentence without a fake wink and popping sound.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:13 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

They would be losing their 401Ks ANYWAY - this crisis began long before November 2008, and would be happening no matter who was elected. Obama is trying to STOP IT. Try to understand this please!!!!!!

And PS. How come these people didnt withdraw their 401Ks, or switch to one that offered another basket of stocks? They're certainly quick to point the finger at the poor people losing their houses as an example of irresponsibility.... evidently 20% of mortgages are late or defaulted on in the US now BTW. Could they all have been wrested away from the poor little bankers by clueless poor people, led into the mortgage office by ACORN criminals?
evidently you are either not being entirely truthful here or you did not comprehend what you may have heard or read.

Would care to modify the (mis)-information you have regurgitated in this post?

Old 03-05-2009, 07:59 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Sorry .... but no delusions here.

Obama is possibly the best president we will have in our lifetimes.

Which is a great thing ... because he is following the absolute worst president ever!
See, you couldn't possibly know that at this point. That is what makes your post delusional. You have fabricated Obama in your head as the best president ever in the month or so he's been president.

Doesn't that sound a little...well delusional?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies