Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 04:39 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,874 times

Advertisements

I think not.

He didn't win by a land slide and I think a lot of people were on the fence but Palin pushed them over. Which was why they voted for Obama. BUT now that Obama has had a chance to show off his band of non tax paying cabinet members, his spending spree filled with ear marks and pork, Wall Street is tanking, his cabinet has the lobbyist that he swore he wouldn't have and we have all been showed how dangerous this man's policies are to this country.

I think a lot of people would change their vote.

What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 04:41 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
You honestly think that the ticket of McCain/Palin would win in a "do-over?"

Old 03-03-2009, 04:41 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,896,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
If the elections were held today, would Obama still win?
Is Sarah Palin still retarded? Is John McCain still old?

Yes...Unfortunately we would still be settling for Obama

Old 03-03-2009, 04:42 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
He did win by a landslide, and he'd win again easily. Even moreso, as people have seen him be successful while watching the GOP be obstructionists.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:43 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,538,358 times
Once again (for Burgerflipper), Palin wasn't the problem. McCain was the problem. If it was a do-over Obama and McCain, yes he would win again. If it was Obama against someone like Romney, then I don't think he would.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:44 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
I think not.

He didn't win by a land slide and I think a lot of people were on the fence but Palin pushed them over. Which was why they voted for Obama. BUT now that Obama has had a chance to show off his band of non tax paying cabinet members, his spending spree filled with ear marks and pork, Wall Street is tanking, his cabinet has the lobbyist that he swore he wouldn't have and we have all been showed how dangerous this man's policies are to this country.

What say you?
With out a doubt.

Pollster.com: National Job Approval: Pres. Barack Obama

Pollster Dates N/Pop Approve Disapprove Undecided

Old 03-03-2009, 04:53 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
I think not.

What say you?
You must not be reading poll results. Did you watch the NBC evening news tonight and their poll? He would probably win by a larger margin. Your efforts to distort and voters against him isn't working. The majority of the public are not attributing the economic downslide to his presidency. A job approval rating of 60 or higher is the stuff landslides are made of and he has that.

To help lurkers answer your question for THEMSELVES I provide them with the latest combined polls data from Real Clear Politics on the POTUS approval rating.
Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 02/17 - 03/01 -- 62.6 27.7 +34.9
RealClearPolitics - RealClearPolitics Poll Averages

Lurkers in response to the question does this look defeat for Obama or a really big landslide this time.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:53 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
You're in a bit of a partisan bubble, Jennifer.

He's even more popular today than when he was elected and lowered approval ratings from Inauguration is quite the norm once presidents begin actually enacting legislation.

Nothing really different from Bush or Clinton at this same point, only Obama's approval ratings are higher.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:55 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,896,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Once again (for Burgerflipper), Palin wasn't the problem. McCain was the problem. If it was a do-over Obama and McCain, yes he would win again. If it was Obama against someone like Romney, then I don't think he would.
Lol, yes she was! She was not electable. She was not presidential. She was chosen for obvious reasons. Im not talking about her ass either.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:30 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,538,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Lol, yes she was! She was not electable. She was not presidential. She was chosen for obvious reasons. Im not talking about her ass either.
So you think McCain would have won if he had picked someone like Romney as his VP? Haha. You are clueless. Palin was the ONLY person who brought excitement to the ticket. Check out the rallies. You, Im assuming you are a liberal, probably can't see why people were excited about her. Im the exact same way about Obama. I don't see it.

You probably aren't the best judge of the Republican ticket. McCain was the problem. Had you said 4 months before the primaries that McCain would be the nominee you would have been laughed at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies