Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 07:01 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
YTD, my portfolio is up over 42% without adding any money. Obama has been good for the market.
you might want to read my business post today for an assessment for next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 07:12 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
There are a number of people emotionally invested in the failure of the Obama Administration. It gets increasingly difficult for them to deal with the reality of successes and recovery. I can understand the GOP, they fully recognize the Political ramifications of a successful Obama Admin. They are doing their best to prevent that, fortunately for us, they don't have the power to do that. I can understand the Right Wing media feeding the emotional angst of these people, they make a good bit of money from them. The GOP feeds them as well, they think it will help politically. The vast majority of Americans see progress being made, the Stock Market is seeing the economic and business environment improving and hence are investing in it. But, that group of people, so invested in seeing failure, will continue to get more frustrated.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:18 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Ah, more ignorant silliness.

Tell me again -

WHO was President when the stock market slid downhill for over a year before going off a cliff 15 months ago?

Hmmmmm....

Ken

Nice Cherry Picking, Ken.

WHO was President when the stock market climbed to the highest level it has ever seen - and that directly before the policies of the Democrats eventually destroyed the housing market.

If you're going to spout off one platitude, you have to be honest about the big picture.

Hmmmmm....

Old 12-27-2009, 07:22 AM

633 posts, read 1,949,994 times
In my opinion, if you look at the markets on a "monthly" display you see that this is not a bull market or bull run but a dead cat bounce.

When the markets retest 4/1/09, if it comes back up we will be lucky otherwise it's 03/09 and possibly deeper.

But who knows it is all to manipulated at this point. It should have retested already.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new jersey mike View Post
In my opinion, if you look at the markets on a "monthly" display you see that this is not a bull market or bull run but a dead cat bounce.

When the markets retest 4/1/09, if it comes back up we will be lucky otherwise it's 03/09 and possibly deeper.

But who knows it is all to manipulated at this point. It should have retested already.
Right.

You cannot put too much hope in the Stock Market. It is NOT the indicator of the health of our economy, but indicative of certain sectors of it. And even then, the world market is thrown in there.

Anybody can argue anything they want about what the Stock Market is doing - and try to make it indicate all manner of things that it doesn't.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:28 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Ah, more ignorant silliness.

Tell me again -

WHO was President when the stock market slid downhill for over a year before going off a cliff 15 months ago?
WHO is President as the market makes it's dramatic recovery - the fastest rise in history?

WHO was President as the number of new job cuts increased every month for a year and a half until new unemployment claims were up to 700,000 the month he left office?
WHO is President as those new job cuts shrunk every month since then down to the point where new unemployment claims were just a couple of thousand above the break even point last month?

WHO did the Free Market apparently not have any faith in?

Hmmmmm....

Ken
Well considering Clinton before leaving Office set the Stage for Job Losses and a Free Fall of the Stoke Market I will put the blaim right where it belongs on the Demoncrats.

hillman

Old 12-27-2009, 07:34 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,528,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hillman View Post
Well considering Clinton before leaving Office set the Stage for Job Losses and a Free Fall of the Stoke Market I will put the blaim right where it belongs on the Demoncrats.

hillman
That must be GOP economics; when Clinton left office, the budget had a surplus and the national debt was starting to be paid off.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:37 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,195,902 times
Quote:
That must be GOP economics; when Clinton left office, the budget had a surplus and the national debt was starting to be paid off.
Like I say just before he left Office by signing NAFTA he set the stage.Hey he didn't care he was getting out.

hillman

Old 12-27-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Nice try, but Clinton left office during a recession.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Right.

You cannot put too much hope in the Stock Market. It is NOT the indicator of the health of our economy, but indicative of certain sectors of it. And even then, the world market is thrown in there.

Anybody can argue anything they want about what the Stock Market is doing - and try to make it indicate all manner of things that it doesn't.
True. Democrats are so much for the wealthy elites, they cheer when those with plenty of excess money are getting richer, but don't see the large number of unemployed and permanent joblessness who have no money at all to invest.

All the stock market often means is that the rich are getting richer. We need a party that works for the everyday American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies