Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2007, 09:13 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,937,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
I’m curious, you seem to be a Rush Limbaugh expert. Can you give us some quotes from him that can back up your statements?
I am just as guilty as you are, when it comes to listening to the opposing side. I have tried to listen to Rush, from time to time, but , after , a while , I just can't take it. I guess I don't care for His type of humor.
I wonder if , you could give some examples from your side, say , statements made by Bill Mahr for example..remember these Guys , all of them are entertainers. Try listening to Keith O. once in a while, he can fill you in on some of Rush's mistakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 11:13 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
I am just as guilty as you are, when it comes to listening to the opposing side. I have tried to listen to Rush, from time to time, but , after , a while , I just can't take it. I guess I don't care for His type of humor.
I wonder if , you could give some examples from your side, say , statements made by Bill Mahr for example..remember these Guys , all of them are entertainers. Try listening to Keith O. once in a while, he can fill you in on some of Rush's mistakes.
How many times has Olbermann and his gusto been exposed as wrong? Too many. If you don't think Keith is saying things to get ratings then you are just as fooled. I don't buy everything I hear from Rush either. Again, it is the left's ability to ignore facts that makes Rush so funny and entertaining.

What gets me is, and I am sure it has been posted before, is that if Rush was a homeless drug addict, the left would support him most definitely, but since he had a drug problem and is a Conservative, they bash him.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:18 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,628,367 times
Quote:
Kieth Oberman does a good job of exposing " Limbaugh" for what he is..., or, pretends to be.
And there are websites that deal with exposing Keith Olbermann's hypocrisy and lies. So I guess it all depends on whose Kool-aid one wants to drink from, or whether or not they can see that most everyone on TV is opinionated as hell and are always gonna tow the line their direction, left or right.

The difference becomes recognition of such. I watch Chris Matthews, Olby(yes, I actually watch as much as I can stand) O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, and Anderson Cooper. They all have their obvious leanings and it would be stupid to think any one of them aren't biased. The difference is who cries the most about the other. I think its obvious after watching that O'reilly and Olbermann cry the most about other personalities that do the same job they do.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:34 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,743,954 times
Quote:
So basically you’ve got nothing. Even though you come out with statements like, “Rush makes outlandish statements”, or “For the most part, what he says is non truths, innuendos, preaching to the quire statements”, you have nothing to backup your statements.

Not sure what you are referring to with “I am just as guilty as you are”. What exactly am I guilty of? Show me one quote from me to back that one up.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:14 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,866 times
If you are lucking for Rush's lies, just google. Pages and pages.

Here is just one site for you Red, if you are having difficulty getting there.

Media Matters - Limbaugh: "We don't retract anything we do here because we never lie and make things up on this program"

Old 07-13-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
So basically you’ve got nothing. Even though you come out with statements like, “Rush makes outlandish statements”, or “For the most part, what he says is non truths, innuendos, preaching to the quire statements”, you have nothing to backup your statements.

Not sure what you are referring to with “I am just as guilty as you are”. What exactly am I guilty of? Show me one quote from me to back that one up.
There are so , so many. from Michael J Fox- ( Rush said , " ether off his medication or was acting"), statement , to his comments about Abu Ghraib prison, it goes on and on. If you want to know more, and I am sure you do , get the book " The Way Things Aren't; Rush Limbaugh's Reign of Error" ISBN 156584260X.
In general , Rush says , " I am equal time " , but that could not be further from the truth. He is basically, mean spirited in nature. I guess that sells to the righties.
I should not assume , you are correct. My statement does not apply to you, provided , you are "fair and balanced" in your listening habits. Few people are.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
And there are websites that deal with exposing Keith Olbermann's hypocrisy and lies. So I guess it all depends on whose Kool-aid one wants to drink from, or whether or not they can see that most everyone on TV is opinionated as hell and are always gonna tow the line their direction, left or right.

The difference becomes recognition of such. I watch Chris Matthews, Olby(yes, I actually watch as much as I can stand) O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, and Anderson Cooper. They all have their obvious leanings and it would be stupid to think any one of them aren't biased. The difference is who cries the most about the other. I think its obvious after watching that O'reilly and Olbermann cry the most about other personalities that do the same job they do.
Maybe thats why Oberman and O'reily are the most quoted. I wonder how they would stack up...against each other , live , in a debate.?
Here we go, jumped the topic, already forgot about poor old Dr Rush !

Old 10-17-2007, 02:40 AM

531 posts, read 1,743,895 times
Rush for president! Maybe Ann Coulter could be VP!

Old 10-17-2007, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by appalachiangirl View Post
Rush for president! Maybe Ann Coulter could be VP!
And ...... reconstitute Cheney , for Sec. of State......

Old 10-17-2007, 07:26 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
And ...... reconstitute Cheney , for Sec. of State......

Rush, Coulter, and Cheney. Couldn't we just set off every nuclear warhead in the US arsenal over the US and at least let the country die a quick, painless death?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies