Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2009, 04:41 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I totally feel we are headed in the wrong direction.
Now there's a news flash!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 04:47 PM

472 posts, read 872,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am also starting to feel like this country is headed in the wrong direction. I have never thought of myself as a Dittohead but Rush is starting to make a lot of sense!

I felt like the country was headed in the wrong direction when it decided to finance two wars without raising additional financing. I thought this country was headed in the wrong direction when signs of the coming recession were becoming appearant and conservatives and wall street whiz's said "nonsense... GDP is fine, our country's in great financial health". I thought this country was headed in the wrong direction when we lent $350 $Billion to banks without transparancy.

I still feel we're headed in the worng direction... but Obama's not getting all of the blame.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:01 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
So you think "more" people on welfare is a good thing?
No, your assertion that Obama is going to "undo" the decreasing welfare roles in nonsense!

Bush's 8 years has led to an increasing unemployment rate. That will be the biggest factor in increasing the number of people on welfare. Obama wants to create jobs thereby getting people back to work.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:03 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,824,313 times
It's past time to denounce Rush.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:02 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,323,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
It's past time to denounce Rush.
I agree. after all, who is he,? other than a mouthpiece.
he's never held a public office as far as I know. what gives him the liberty of ranting on the airwaves, other than a constitutional right? he sure as hell doesn't speak for a majority of americans. about all he does when people hear him spewing trash, is drive people further away from the republican party. the republican party needs a voice of reason and something more logical than the hate for the other party which is mainly what turns people off.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:11 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,447,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
I agree. after all, who is he,? other than a mouthpiece.
he's never held a public office as far as I know. what gives him the liberty of ranting on the airwaves, other than a constitutional right? he sure as hell doesn't speak for a majority of americans. about all he does when people hear him spewing trash, is drive people further away from the republican party. the republican party needs a voice of reason and something more logical than the hate for the other party which is mainly what turns people off.
I bet you can hardly sleep at night knowing he has money. You are probably planning right now for all the freebies you will be able to get when you bring down the evil bourgeoisie.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:22 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,586,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I bet you can hardly sleep at night knowing he has money. You are probably planning right now for all the freebies you will be able to get when you bring down the evil bourgeoisie.
How about this: since Rush obviously has all the answers, let him run for President. Since he's got so much more on the ball than anyone else--particularly any Democrat who might oppose him, he'll win the election handily, won't he? Then he can solve all the republic's problems, and the whole nation can traipse merrily along to utopia.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:27 PM

I wouldn't vote for him. He isn't a statesman. He could insult Ahmadinenutjob... probably to the point he murders everyone in his country for retaliation...

By now the American thirst for knee jerk reactions is clear. I'd perfer someone that could destroy someone's false ideas all the while making it look like he is for them and their best friend. I wish Obama stood more for what I did.... Peekaboo politics

Old 03-01-2009, 07:40 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,323,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Oh, I lie awake at night wondering what his next spew will be the next day.
I just figured out what EIB means, Egotistical Ignorance in Broadcasting

Old 03-01-2009, 07:52 PM

That's not healthy to wait on biting nails for his next response... just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies