Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 09:46 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,298,704 times

Advertisements

Me and my friend were talking about Rush Limbaugh today and we both started listening to his show religiously for the last month or so. Although, I never liked RUSH, his latest shows have been very interesting because he is starting to make a LOT of sense to me. Today, he was talking about Obama and his inconsistencies, how he is taking a position against earmarks yet he approved an "imperfect" bill with thousands of earmarks. Now, regardless of your political affiliation, how can a person not see that Obama is being absolutely hypocritical and totally inconsistent with his promises of hope and change? What the hell is an "imperfect bill" anyways?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 09:50 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,405,802 times

And

Obama understands he is a star and words and deeds mean nothing anymore. The American people would vote for Hitler if he won American Idol or stared in a pron...

Old 03-12-2009, 09:56 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,474,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Me and my friend were talking about Rush Limbaugh today and we both started listening to his show religiously for the last month or so. Although, I never liked RUSH, his latest shows have been very interesting because he is starting to make a LOT of sense to me. Today, he was talking about Obama and his inconsistencies, how he is taking a position against earmarks yet he approved an "imperfect" bill with thousands of earmarks. Now, regardless of your political affiliation, how can a person not see that Obama is being absolutely hypocritical and totally inconsistent with his promises of hope and change? What the hell is an "imperfect bill" anyways?
Did your boy Rush mention the hypocrisy of Republican critics, who railed against "earmarks" but pushed MORE of them through then the Democrats?

No?

Gee, what a shocker

Old 03-12-2009, 09:57 PM

Wow... Very telling of Illinois education dept. 40% is now more than 60%....

Old 03-12-2009, 10:00 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,821,682 times
Lightbulb .

The bill was written last year before Obama took office, both rep and dem added earmarks, so can you give Obama a few more days then the first 60 before you get on his butt about issues like this. Hell look at the mess he acquired from Bush who spent 8 years screwing things up.

And why would anyone listen to Rush Limbaugh?

Old 03-12-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
The bill was written last year before Obama took office, both rep and dem added earmarks, so can you give Obama a few more days then the first 60 before you get on his butt about issues like this. Hell look at the mess he acquired from Bush who spent 8 years screwing things up.

And why would anyone listen to Rush Limbaugh?
There goes the bathwater and the baby.... Ohhh noooooo!

Old 03-12-2009, 10:19 PM

541 posts, read 1,222,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Did your boy Rush mention the hypocrisy of Republican critics, who railed against "earmarks" but pushed MORE of them through then the Democrats?

No?

Gee, what a shocker
Is the shocker that Limbaugh did just that, or that you didn't listen?

Perhaps Limbaugh should be more of your boy instead of some guy you take potshots at while never tuning in. Limbaugh absolutely took it to Republicans who bought into earmarks, has been very critical of the Bush administration, and was extremely critical of John McCain (even though he's absolutely right and absolutely not hypocritical on this issue). And for good reason, too.

I hear a lot of people criticize Limbaugh without even addressing the points the man makes or more often than not misrepresenting what he's said in the first place.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:30 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,456,579 times
Obama never said he was absolutely against all earmarks. That set him aside from his opponents even during the primaries. What Limbaugh, McCain and the other Republican critics are condemning Obama for is not carrying out one of McCain's campaign promises, not one of his own.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:33 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,216,621 times
Let me make it easy...Can you spell **** for brains?

Has it dawned on you to actually check out the facts?

Let me make it simpler...Check out Hitler and his followers.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:58 PM

24,496 posts, read 33,233,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
let's see you name them.

Btw, the policy of not showing flag-draped coffins of war dead did not start with bush.

Do you know who did?
fdr?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies