Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2009, 09:38 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,737,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Sick? If you really want a thorough purging and wish to vomit your head off, then just listen to Jon Stewart or Bill Mahr.
Nah. No comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 09:40 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I guess, today he said that Bush tried so hard to unite this country and Obama is trying to divide this country. Even though, I am not a Liberal, I know that is total BS. Any Conservative should be ashamed of Bush, I think he was one of the worst presidents we have ever had. I wish Rush was more honest instead of being so partisan.
Well, may I suggest listening to NPR? They just report the news, that's it. And then depending on where you live, you get to hear cool stories about local people. Makes for a more soothing, low blood pressure kind of day.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:44 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Well, may I suggest listening to NPR? They just report the news, that's it. And then depending on where you live, you get to hear cool stories about local people. Makes for a more soothing, low blood pressure kind of day.
I dislike NPR just as much because they are the opposite: extremely Liberal. They remind me of these utopic Liberals here in Minnesota who believe all minorities are victims and that we all should live in a "diverse" world where puppies fart rainbows, nobody gets offended and everybody gets along. Extreme Liberalism is just as bad if not worse.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:44 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I listen to him almost everyday but for the last week, I am starting to get sick of him. I am not an Obama supporter but his obssession with criticizing everything Obama does is getting annoying. I guess, my only problem with Rush is that he criticizes Obama all the time but offers no solutions.
"""problem with Rush is that he criticizes Obama all the time but offers no solutions"""

That's why he's the Republican's new spokeman.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:45 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,737,350 times
Well, I happen to be a liberal Minnesotan who does not believe all minorities are victims and I am not politically correct. Please don't lump liberals. There's much more to us than that.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Not just the news but BALANCED opinion, indepth discussion of the news, science, the economy and a million other things.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:47 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
I dislike NPR just as much because they are the opposite: extremely Liberal. They remind me of these utopic Liberals here in Minnesota who believe all minorities are victims and that we all should live in a "diverse" world where puppies fart rainbows, nobody gets offended and everybody gets along. Extreme Liberalism is just as bad if not worse.
I've heard that republicans feel that way about NPR, but then I've also heard republicans who actually do enjoy listening to NPR. So which is it? And if you don't mind, please expand on why NPR is uber liberal. Because I can tell you, I listen to it every single day & they've got a variety of viewpoints going on.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
I listen to NPR all the time, I have heard ALL political sides and am impressed with their balance. NO, they don't have Limbaugh and Hannity slobbering hate but they DO have ALL parties, including the right and Republicans...you either are lying or haven't really listened.

Why don't you try Hartmann or Schultz? They REGULARLY have righties on and DO NOT screen their calls...they'd be good people to ask questions.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:53 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,111 times
Quote:
I ran an NPR affiliate for years. I will agree that the programming was very low key and even soothing. There were great features on a lot of people nationally, and we brought in some great local people. I can assure you though that we were programmed to appeal to the left. I know that because I programmed it. And even though I'm far from left-leaning, I did the job that I was hired to do, and I left my own opinions where they belonged... at home.

And I don't have any reason to not be honest about this even though I'm not a leftist. I happen to think Limbaugh is a bore, and I wouldn't waste ten seconds of my day listening to him.

I always separated my own views from my broadcasting career. If I didn't have the work experience to say that NPR was at the very least left of center if not substantially left-leaning, I wouldn't bother posting about it.

All politics aside, I don't listen to anything but sports talk-radio. With all of the other B.S. going over the airwaves, nobody can lie to you about last night's baseball scores. And just to show you that I have no agenda when it comes to any of this stuff, if I was going to listen to anything political, it would be Thom Hartmann.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:55 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Most of the time I cannot spend five minutes listening to Rush. I remember the first time I heard him. My husband was listening to him and I asked why on earth he would listen to something like that. He is the Democrat in our family. I prefer a more balanced talk or report. Nobody is all wrong or all right.

But I saw him talking the other day at a meeting and was really impressed with the things he was saying. He made sense and I agreed with almost everything he said. He has good values, but he does tend to go overboard. I agree with him that if some of us don't wake up, our country is down the tubes. I hope these tea parties really catch on. People who want a free country really need to wake up. Communism is not good.

CNN is another station I will not spend much time listening to the biased reporting. I was switching channels the other day and saw a big tea party sign, so I stopped to listen a minute. The Wolf man had egg all over his face trying to explain why they had not been covering the tea party news. Guess you don't campaign for Obama 24/7 and then give any time to those who don't like what he is doing. They sound like they are still campaigning or maybe worshiping. It took me less than five minutes to click on. It was really funny to watch them try to back pedal. Too little, too late. They sould have been actually reporting before the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies