Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:10 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times

Advertisements

Scream louder, the hissy fit you're throwing is not doing the trick. Americans know after 8 years of Bush and 6 of those 8 years rubberstamped by a GOP controlled Congress what the real story is.

Washington Wire - WSJ.com : WSJ/NBC Poll: When Will it be Obama’s Economy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 12:13 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
Now, now... you know the right wingers hate it when you bring up facts. I mean facts are just so "facty" and only a smarty pants liberal would bother to check useless things like facts.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:15 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,860 times
It won't matter. They live in utter and total denial. Because they're on the class warfare path. So furious they can't see straight. Facts are like gnats to these guys.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:16 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
I worry about the general sanity when I read things that Obama should resign and how its all his fault. I don't know how people can have so little grasp of reality.

Keep bringing the facts.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:30 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
Thank you for such an informative and THRUTHFUL post.I like facts.That being said I do believe it's his economy now but DEFINITELY not caused by him.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:40 AM

541 posts, read 1,224,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
It won't matter. They live in utter and total denial. Because they're on the class warfare path. So furious they can't see straight. Facts are like gnats to these guys.
Not really. A lot of the economic mess we're in stems back decades. Even to as far as the Carter years and the Community Reinvestment Act. The same act that was rewritten in the 1990s. The creation of the corrupt twins, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, just made things all the more possible to explode. That also occurred in the 1990s.

Then we had two decades of Alan Greenspan running the fed. On top of that, we had a period of probably loose oversight in the Bush years.

This is a complex problem. But I have no doubt that the catatonic state of the markets and the nosedive our economy is going to end up taking is due to this massive and inexcuseable budget. There's no way this money can ever be rapaid. None. Nor do I find it going to appropriate venues.

Will this stimulate the economy more than induce inflation? I doubt it... This is just irresponsibility on a scale more massive than any this nation has ever seen. And it's only just beginning.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:41 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
I'm just curious if these same people have the same inability to take responsibility for their own screw ups in their own lives. They can't place the blame where it belongs with their party, maybe its a way of life for them.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:05 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Well-I don't know if I meet your definition of "wingnut" but I consider myself a fiscal conservative (although somewhat moderate on social policy). I acknowledge that Obama inherited the crisis, but I do not approve of his handling of it thus far.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:46 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,387,181 times
I don't see how you can deny he inherited it. i just don't think he's doing a good job responding to it; he may be making the situation much worse.

So 16% believe in some weird alternative reality?

Old 03-04-2009, 08:40 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMartel2 View Post
Not really. A lot of the economic mess we're in stems back decades. Even to as far as the Carter years and the Community Reinvestment Act. The same act that was rewritten in the 1990s. The creation of the corrupt twins, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, just made things all the more possible to explode. That also occurred in the 1990s.

Then we had two decades of Alan Greenspan running the fed. On top of that, we had a period of probably loose oversight in the Bush years.

This is a complex problem. But I have no doubt that the catatonic state of the markets and the nosedive our economy is going to end up taking is due to this massive and inexcuseable budget. There's no way this money can ever be rapaid. None. Nor do I find it going to appropriate venues.

Will this stimulate the economy more than induce inflation? I doubt it... This is just irresponsibility on a scale more massive than any this nation has ever seen. And it's only just beginning.
Some of your views I agree with. The big problem is the Mortgage-backed securities that TARP was supposed to buy off the banks in order to free up the credit market. Paulson changed his mind and said "Not so fast..." So credit is still frozen. (BTW--I HATED TARP)

Obama's stimulus bill, though I don't agree with all of it, and even the President said it wasn't perfect, is designed to create jobs by restarting infrastructure projects that were shelved, among other things. It also gives the unemployed breathing room by extending benefits.

But for some of these folks to lay the complete blame on a President who has been in the White House for 2 months or so is delusional to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies