Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Sarah Palin would make a great American President.
I agree. 82 17.83%
I disagree. 378 82.17%
Voters: 460. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 01:48 PM

62,677 posts, read 28,856,656 times

Advertisements

Disagree. IMO, Palin is an airhead and I am a Republican.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:58 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,450,193 times
we need a tough sob, shes tougher than anyone in washington.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:37 PM

545 posts, read 450,415 times
can't compare M Thatcher.

Last edited by macpherson; 10-14-2013 at 02:56 PM..

Old 10-14-2013, 02:43 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,503,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonM View Post
She has successfully managed governments as two-term mayor and governor.
I haven't read any post but the one from the OP. I chose DISAGREE, because she is a quitter.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:46 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,922,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
we need a tough sob, shes tougher than anyone in washington.
Yet she is not in Washington...is she?

Old 10-14-2013, 03:07 PM

29,184 posts, read 22,227,289 times
Can we have a dash of reality in this thread?
Sarah Palin won't ever run for national public office again. She might run for a state position in Arizona if she was to declare as a resident there, but she won't ever run for another position in Alaska. The possibility that she may run even for a state position is doubtful.

The fact is Sarah's best shot at entering a Presidential race came in 2011, when she was at the height of her popularity early in that year. If she had truly wanted to enter the primaries, she had the money and the connections to put a serious staff together, time enough to learn what she needed to know, and plenty of early support to carry her along.

But she never accomplished any of that. Instead, she made herself very visible with her trips to Philadelphia, her 48 state bus 'vacation' was aborted halfway through, and she had her moment on the Harley ride with the bikers, but all of was just playing cute.

When her time for serious campaign planning was squandered, and her flirting was at the end of it's rope, she was finally forced to say she would not run. Nothing she had done for the 9 1/2 months previous to her announcement showed any serious determination to attempt running for the highest office in the world.

Nothing she has done since then has shown any evidence of ever entering the public arena again as a candidate.

Her life outside public office has been much better for her than any of the time she spent as a public official. She's wealthy now when she wasn't before, has gotten her job at Fox back, and can say anything she wants, when she wants, with no consequences to her present career as a commentator. She faces none of the pressures of public office, and can do just as she pleases now.

Why would she even want to run in 2016? Does anyone think the harsh divisions we are now locked into are just going to evaporate once these present crises have been resolved? Who would want the job after 3 more years of this?

Certainly not an over-sensitive woman with a reputation for quitting. I'm not sure she even loves her celebrity like she once did, but it's easy compared to all her other choices, and as long as the money keeps rolling in, she will grab every dollar she can.

There is nothing wrong with that, and she knows it won't last forever. By the time she eventually fades away, she will be all fixed up securely and can spend the rest of her life in contentment.

Last edited by banjomike; 10-14-2013 at 03:17 PM..

Old 10-14-2013, 03:11 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,219,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Can we have a dash of reality in this thread?
Sarah Palin won't ever run for national public office again. She might run for a state position in Arizona if she was to declare as a resident there, but she won't ever run for another position in Alaska. The possibility that she may run even for a state position is doubtful.

The fact is Sarah's best shot at entering a Presidential race came in 2011, when she was at the height of her popularity early in that year. If she had truly wanted to enter the primaries, she had the money and the connections to put a serious staff together, time enough to learn what she needed to know, and plenty of early support to carry her along.

But she never accomplished any of that. Instead, she made herself very visible with her trips to Philadelphia, her aborted bus 'vacation' and her Harley ride with the bikers, but all of is was just playing cute. When the time was squandered, and her flirting was at the end of her rope, she was finally forced to say she would not run. Nothing she had done for the 9 1/2 months previous to her announcement showed any serious determination to attempt running for the highest office in the world.

Her life outside public office has been much better for her than any of the time she spent as a public official. She's wealthy now when she wasn't before, has gotten her job at Fox back, and can say anything she wants, when she wants, with no consequences to her present career as a commentator. She faces none of the pressures of public office, and can do just as she pleases now.

Why would she even want to run now? Does anyone think the harsh divisions we are now locked into are just going to evaporate once these present crises have been resolved? Who would want the job after 3 more years of this?

Certainly not an over-sensitive woman with a reputation for quitting. I'm not sure she even loves her celebrity like she once did, but it's easy compared to all her other choices, and as long as the money keeps rolling in, she will grab every dollar she can.
You just wait Mike, in 2014 & 2016 she'll be on tour again looking for bucks $$$$$ and maybe pushing a new book, in her nice bus.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/wp-content/..._Palin_bus.jpg

Old 10-14-2013, 03:22 PM

24,484 posts, read 33,197,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I haven't read any post but the one from the OP. I chose DISAGREE, because she is a quitter.
What would you have done if those frivolous court cases were costing you tens of thousands of dollars? Would you have stayed in office?

Old 10-14-2013, 03:33 PM

24,484 posts, read 33,197,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Her voice could set off tornadoes, landslides, earthquakes and various other disasters. Personally, I aways thought she was creepy looking, which would not matter if she wasn't such a self-serving mean spirited witch.
Really?

Sarah's voice is much more pleasing than Hillary's screeching voice! Let's compare:

Hillary

Hillary Clinton's scream updated - YouTube

Sarah

Sarah Palin Speech at Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" Rally - Part 1 - YouTube

Tell me again how "terrible" Sarah's voice is?

Old 10-14-2013, 03:35 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,947,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
There are 20 mayors with populations and larger than Alaska.

That places Palin 21st on my list.

There 46 states with populations larger than Alaska.

That places Palin 67th on my list.

There are 435 Congressmen any of whom have a better understanding of the U.S. Congress, the role of the Federal government, and the Constitution.

That places Palin 502nd on my list.

There are 100 Senators who at the very least know that the Vice President doesn't run the Senate.

That places Palin 602nd on my list.

There are 300,000,000 Americans of whom I have to believe at the very least 10% have an IQ above a the wattage of a light bulb which puts Palin...

I think you can see where this is going.
Nowhere. You have no point. Random trivia does not make an argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies