Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Sarah Palin would make a great American President.
I agree. 82 17.83%
I disagree. 378 82.17%
Voters: 460. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 07:25 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
It's only YOU who is divisive.

Palin's just fine.
You are correct, palin is fine. She will live forever in your hopes and dreams. In the real world, she just was.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:25 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,014,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
There is absolutely no way anyone could seriously make such a proposition.
I used to laugh. Okay, cringe if anyone even mentioned the thought of Palin as VP, let alone P.
But, after almost 5 years of Obama, I'm wondering if she really is the worse we could do.

Okay, I'll slap myself but we have set the bar so low now, nothing surprises me.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:26 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,965,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
You are correct, palin is fine. She will live forever in your hopes and dreams. In the real world, she just was.
Palin has never been divisive.

Only those who found no other means of attacking her are.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:29 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
I would not worry. Palin's time in office in Alaska improved Alaska's finances enough to improve the state's credit rating.
Reading your posts in this thread reminds me of the White Queen in Alice in Wonderland, who "believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Just to bring you back to this side of the looking glass for a moment, if that were true, Alaskans would love her, wouldn't you think? And yet, Palin's numbers show her to be very unpopular in Alaska. Only 34% of Alaskans have a positive opinion of her, with 59% holding a negative opinion. Now, who would know better how good a governor she was, you or the people in Alaska?

Old 10-14-2013, 07:37 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I used to laugh. Okay, cringe if anyone even mentioned the thought of Palin as VP, let alone P.
But, after almost 5 years of Obama, I'm wondering if she really is the worse we could do.

Okay, I'll slap myself but we have set the bar so low now, nothing surprises me.
In thier sane and private conversations, I know GOP leaders would never compare palin above Obama. No matter what they must say in public, in private...off the record...hands down... not Palin.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:42 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Quote:
No, she was forced from office.

There were two choices: Continue and face family financial ruin, or get out of the line of fire. Since everyone knows holding office is far less important than anything else, she chose family and both of them went to work to pay the bills.

There were $500,000 in debt, 100% of it from false ethics accusations.

What did you expect any reasonable person to do? Go bankrupt to cling to office? I suspect you would, as I suspect you think holding office is the ultimate goal and ultimate thrill. But that's not what someone who serves the people will do. It was costing the state far more than it was her. She served the interests of her state from start to end above her own, something no Democrat has dreamed of doing in your lifetime.
That's what Sarah said, a bazillion times, but she never showed any actual legal bills to back up her claim. Not one. Ever.
She did, however, create a legal fund for donations on her behalf. So whatever financial pain she might have had wasn't for long, and wasn't as much as that figure she trumpeted.

The $500,000 figure got a lot of discussion from all sides for years. No matter, now- the matter was all resolved years ago.

But a reasonable person would think that keeping her job and it's attendent salary would have been a smarter move than .... quitting. For you, me, and that guy over there, holding down a job when legal bills are stacking up sure makes more sense than.... quitting. After all, her salary was $125,000 a year.

But it does make sense if Sarah had landed bigger fish to fry, but the only way to cook 'em was to shed the obligations she had with her constituency. It's no wonder Alaskans fell out of love with her. She played them for chumps, just like she's playing you.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:46 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,186,291 times
She has no experience as a community organizer. She's not exotic. She's not a constitutional scholar. She doesn't believe the U.S.A. has 57 states. She won't appeal to the recipient class, who outvote the donor class. And she hunts Bambi.

Nope, she's not a good candidate for president.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:51 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,725,220 times
[quote=jetgraphics;31811551]She has no experience as a community organizer. She's not exotic. She's not a constitutional scholar. She doesn't believe the U.S.A. has 57 states. She won't appeal to the recipient class, who outvote the donor class. And she hunts Bambi.

and she's a quitter...

Old 10-14-2013, 08:55 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times
She has become a caricature...of herself. I find it really amusing that they call her out of hibernation to say the same old tired and inflammatory BS that she did during the McCain campaign. She's a one trick pony and that trick of hers is quite predictalbe and boring.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:04 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,965,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
That's what Sarah said, a bazillion times, but she never showed any actual legal bills to back up her claim. Not one. Ever.
Why should she? It's not YOUR BUSINESS. BTW, I get my figures from someone who knows first-hand. And his name isn't "Palin".

Quote:
She did, however, create a legal fund for donations on her behalf. So whatever financial pain she might have had wasn't for long, and wasn't as much as that figure she trumpeted.
I have no idea what was donated to it. Nor do I care. What I do know is that they WENT TO WORK. That's all that matters to me. They didn't whine or cry or demand someone compensate them, they just went to work.

Quote:
The $500,000 figure got a lot of discussion from all sides for years. No matter, now- the matter was all resolved years ago.
No, it never was "resolved", except that all accusations were false, and the source was clearly a Democrat party effort, directed by the Chicago Thug himself.

Quote:
But a reasonable person would think that keeping her job and it's attendent salary would have been a smarter move than .... quitting. For you, me, and that guy over there, holding down a job when legal bills are stacking up sure makes more sense than.... quitting. After all, her salary was $125,000 a year.
But concurrent with that salary was a legal liability that exceeded her salary by multiples. It made no sense to cling to a salary that included more bills that money.

Quote:
But it does make sense if Sarah had landed bigger fish to fry, but the only way to cook 'em was to shed the obligations she had with her constituency. It's no wonder Alaskans fell out of love with her. She played them for chumps, just like she's playing you.
Wrong. Palin did the one thing ANY good public servant would do. Put the public's interest ahead of her own. There is no mandate to hold office or cling to it, running up millions in legal bills for the state (that was her concern, far more than her own bills).

Whether or not SHE was going to be ok was never in doubt. NOTHING, short of killing them, would take them down and defeat them. Again, you overlook the fact that the continual, unending barrage of false ethics complaints was costing the state MILLIONS of dollars, and consuming it's ENTIRE legal department.

The ONLY thing this proves... is that Democrats are willing to do anything to hurt people, and they don't care who gets hurt in exacting vengeance upon someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies