Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 03:53 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I am sorry for the loss of your brother...but, if someone drives under the influence...that in itself is attempted murder....NOT an accident. You don't accidently drink and accidently get into a car and accidently foget how dangerous this is....the DUI driver should've been jailed for a long, long time...and only a miracle will keep him from doing it again and killing again.

"""You want to "blame" somebody.......think about blaming the people who SELL alcohol. """

No, the person who sells alcohol did NOT CHOOSE to get in a car and drive drunk. The person who sells alcohol sells lots of alcohol to responsible adults who don't abuse it and don't make stupid decisions ending other people's lives.
Since when was DUI added to the attempted murder statutes? What states. The person driving my brother's car was tried for vehicular homicide. NOT ATTEMPTED MURDER. And a LOT of people who do buy alcohol do CHOOSE to drive while under the influence and they just get lucky and don't get caught! I am absolutely positive that the person who was driving my brother's car that night under the influence has never again driven after having a few drinks.

You are saying that no one, other than people who are DUI, makes stupid mistakes and kill other people?

My brother and the person who was driving the car were having drinks at dinner that night. A very, very common activity among "responsible" adults who do drink alcohol. Do you call a cab every time you go out to dinner and have a couple of drinks, glasses of wine? My brother was more under the influence than the driver was. So I would guess that according to your "morals" my brother deserved to die.

One is wise to perhaps see things in somewhat less concrete terms.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:16 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Since when was DUI added to the attempted murder statutes? What states. The person driving my brother's car was tried for vehicular homicide. NOT ATTEMPTED MURDER. And a LOT of people who do buy alcohol do CHOOSE to drive while under the influence and they just get lucky and don't get caught! I am absolutely positive that the person who was driving my brother's car that night under the influence has never again driven after having a few drinks.

You are saying that no one, other than people who are DUI, makes stupid mistakes and kill other people?

My brother and the person who was driving the car were having drinks at dinner that night. A very, very common activity among "responsible" adults who do drink alcohol. Do you call a cab every time you go out to dinner and have a couple of drinks, glasses of wine? My brother was more under the influence than the driver was. So I would guess that according to your "morals" my brother deserved to die.

One is wise to perhaps see things in somewhat less concrete terms.
No, I never said nor implied that your brother deserved to die...don't put words in people's posts.

"""You are saying that no one, other than people who are DUI, makes stupid mistakes and kill other people? """

No, I never said that either. I really don't know if it's MY post you read????

I. It is MY opinion that anyone who CHOOSES to drive under the influence IS attempting murder. EVERYONE knows the dangers of drinking and driving. NO excuses.

2. MANY people DO choose to drive drunk even after killing and/or injuring others....you don't know this "friend" of yours won't....how WOULD you know?

""A very, very common activity among "responsible" adults who do drink alcohol. Do you call a cab every...."""

A common activity BUT RESPONSIBLE people do NOT drive under the influence.

I do NOT EVER drive after drinking any alcohol.

""""And a LOT of people who do buy alcohol do CHOOSE to drive while under the influence and they just get lucky and don't get caught! ""

So you think not getting caught is the lucky part !!

How about NOT killing other people is the pure luck part.....

Old 09-16-2009, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 504 times
Most of you obvisoudly won'T know at traitor if the stood on front of you and admitted the were one. ie;Oliver North CYE IN THESKY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies