Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 12:55 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,517,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdestroyedlife View Post
American citizen means nothing to me

All that died when Bush was re-appointed in 2004

I personally hate this country and what it has come to

I dont care if there is sometype of major melt down or collapse in our way of life, I am kind of hoping for it and maybe it will happen

America means nothing to me, the Republican pigs took that away from me with their lust for greed and power

If you dislike this country SO much, then why give it and it's government or a party of it, so much power over you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 01:02 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,829 times
Thank you for pointing it out to everyone else too. I thought I had made it quite clear in this forum that I do not endorse The Federal Godvernment. Until It reinstates the Constitution by placing the States and People back into their legal higher position of power I will consider it an occupying force upon this land. Family, friends, community, State, and properly last Federal government will always be my order of loyalty.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:10 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westernwayfarer View Post
Greetings,

I've read many threads on relations between states; most have been enlightening! I'd be interested to read what being an American citizen means to you.

It seems our government treats the possession of citizenship lightly in this country, regardless of party affiliation, which is sad! My thought is this: If you love this country, take pride in being an American first! Forget the titles African American, Mexican American, Asian American, European American, etc......

Being an American to me:

1) Being a citizen
2) Respectful to others
3) Patriotic
4) Loyalty
5) Self reliant
add to that Pride, I am proud to be an American. I want to continue to be free to say and do what I want without government intervention as long as what I do is moral and legal.

forget the terms you have suggeted, I agree: I am not an Irish or German American, I am an American. Maybe of XX decent, but an American. My Jewish son in law is an American, not a Jewish American or Hungarian American which is the country his father was born in. My grandson in law is an American, not a Mexican American.

And I believe a true American will defend our country!!!

I believe we are the best country on earth. That is why so many people from other countries seek entrance to America.

I beleive any American who doesn't believe we are the best country on earth should hang their head in shame while they find the country that suits them better.

Nita

Old 09-20-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
For me being an American means:

1. Looking in the national rear view mirror and seeing the Constitution receding in the distance while seeing a Brave New World looming ahead on the horizon like a dark cloud.

2. Looking forward to a life in the Poorhouse for the privilege of paying to be the World's Policeman.

3. Being a member of the generation of Americans whose only real contributions to the nation are:

a. Tripling its national debt
b. Roping it into an endless religious war by foolishly taking sides
c. Creating the first intergenerational Ponzi scheme by borrowing far more money than we ever possibly intend to pay back ourselves

4. Living to see the day when life outside the United States holds more hope than life in it.
How sad your believes are!!!

Old 09-20-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Sorry your life here is so awful but it may be your own faults causing you so much unhappiness. One thing that you should know is that Bush was not appointed, he was elected. If you hate this country and your life why don't you either move to a better country or just check out.
What being an American citizen means to me is enjoying the right to say what I want, move to anywhere I want and work or learn to work at whatever job I want to.
Could you explain exactly which Republican pigs took something from you and what exactly did these so called pigs take that has caused you to be so full of hate for our country ?
There are many very good therapists in this fine country of ours and if you can't afford to pay for therapy yourself I sure the new democratic administration will come up with a new social program to use my tax money to pay for your therapy.
They won't let me rep you for this one. Good for you and did you notice, the year was 2004? What is that all about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies